Windows 10: How to Stop the Updates.......... Completely

Discus and support How to Stop the Updates.......... Completely in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Good afternoon, How do I get the updates to stop. I want to do a COMPLETE stop of the updates. 106312 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by cmmpro1, Mar 17, 2018.

1. cmmpro1 Win User

How to Stop the Updates.......... Completely

Good afternoon,
    How do I get the updates to stop. I want to do a COMPLETE stop of the updates.

:)

cmmpro1, Mar 17, 2018

2. Stop updates completely

Hi Don,

To address your concern, we suggest that you refer to ProjjalGop's response on this related thread
    for some instructions on how to disable Windows 10 automatic update.

Let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

Michael Tus, Mar 17, 2018
  3. Stop updates completely

590I had to roll back before the crash date on windows 10 because I am on satelite internet and setting it to metered does not help with updates. I pay the highest per bit cost in the states and I simply can't afford updates that I don't choose what I update.
    I mean microsoft can use up all your bandwidth in just a couple of updates and then you simply have paid for nothing and have no more internet.

Metering does not work. When you are actually limited to x amount of gigabytes in data downloads and x amount of speed you can't have software that updates on it's own... you can't... you simply pay for something you don't actually get to use then...

Now if microsoft wants to pay for my internet then it would be ok... but i have yet to be able to find a way to stop it from updating on it's own.

If I can't control what I update and when I simply can't use it, at all.... So someone out there tell my how I go back to the old way of updating so I have control of what and when I update anything.... somethings just don't get updated unless I can get
    an update from someone else on cd. that is just the way it has to be when you pay ungoshly amount of money and are extremely limited on data limits.

so someone plz tell me how to turn it off completely or control what and when i update.. otherwise I will have to stay with 8.1.

thanks

don

DonSilver Surfer, Mar 17, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Mar 17, 2018
  5. Does it work to boot the PC from a Windows installation medium and delete C:\Windows\System32\usoclient.exe?

Matthew Wai, Mar 20, 2018
  6. dalchina New Member
    I have no idea and would never suggest such a hack. If you want to delete system files, please feel free to go ahead. But please don't ask us to sort out the consequences...*chuckle

Stopping Windows updates should only be a short term measure in special circumstances. There are ways to get control. I've never had an unexpected restart due to an update, nor had one download unexpectedly.

dalchina, Mar 20, 2018
  7. What would be the consequences?

Matthew Wai, Mar 20, 2018
  8. Gordon7 Win User

Windows will reload essential system files, when it find those missing, during a maintenance run!

Gordon7, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to Stop the Updates.......... Completely - Similar Threads - Stop Updates Completely

2. Updates completely stopped working.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates completely stopped working.: After AI installed on my computer Updates completely stopped working. Cannot get History. Troubleshooter cannot find the issue.* Changed to a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updates-completely-stopped-working/8874ea56-49f9-42e0-be4e-c2004cfcac01
  3. Updates completely stopped working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates completely stopped working.: After AI installed on my computer Updates completely stopped working. Cannot get History. Troubleshooter cannot find the issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updates-completely-stopped-working/8874ea56-49f9-42e0-be4e-c2004cfcac01
  4. Updates completely stopped working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updates completely stopped working.: After AI installed on my computer Updates completely stopped working. Cannot get History. Troubleshooter cannot find the issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updates-completely-stopped-working/8874ea56-49f9-42e0-be4e-c2004cfcac01
  5. Updates completely stopped working.

6. How to completely stop Onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to completely stop Onedrive: I have been enjoying frustrations in attempting to stop OneDrive. I know how to 'quit it' but when rebooting, it pops up again, as that little icon thing down on the Taskbar. Can one or two advise how to stop OneDrive from showing up on this computer, till I should need it...
  7. How to completely stop Onedrive

How to completely stop Onedrive: I have been enjoying frustrations in attempting to stop OneDrive. I know how to 'quit it' but when rebooting, it pops up again, as that little icon thing down on the Taskbar. Can one or two advise how to stop OneDrive from showing up on this computer, till I should need it...
  8. Windows updates are useless, how do I stop them completely?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updates are useless, how do I stop them completely?: Warning: The new windows update broke my PC yet again and I'm livid, so this won't be a nice and polite post. The FAQ says 'oh the updates are very-very important, they keep your PC safe blah, blah, blah' That's bulls**t. My PC runs entirely fine until I update it, at which...
  9. Windows updates are useless, how do I stop them completely?

Windows updates are useless, how do I stop them completely?: Warning: The new windows update broke my PC yet again and I'm livid, so this won't be a nice and polite post. The FAQ says 'oh the updates are very-very important, they keep your PC safe blah, blah, blah' That's bulls**t. My PC runs entirely fine until I update it, at which...
  10. how do i COMPLETELY stop my computer from updating!?!?

how do i COMPLETELY stop my computer from updating!?!?: it seems that i am CONSTANTLY being FORCED by microsoft to "update" my computer at their leisure. i never asked for their "updates", i tried turning off all things associated with their "updates", BUT THEY STILL KEEP COMING! I DONT WANT THEM, I DONT NEED THEM! they say its...