Windows 10: How to stop these startup entries from popping-up every 3-4 days

Discus and support How to stop these startup entries from popping-up every 3-4 days in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi Macrium Lovers, Happy Easter to all! 2 weeks ago I installed the latest Macrium Reflect and now I really enjoy it - intelligent software, easy to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Ivan Petrov, Mar 31, 2018.

1. How to stop these startup entries from popping-up every 3-4 days

Hi Macrium Lovers, Happy Easter to all!

2 weeks ago I installed the latest Macrium Reflect and now I really enjoy it - intelligent software, easy to understand and use, nice interface... Thanks to all of you who reccommended it.

Since that, I have 2 new entries shown in CCleaner as startup items /see screenshot bellow/. What they are suppose to mean and how could I remove them permanently? When I delete them, they come back in few days. I normally make only one full backup and don't need any scheduling or incremental / differential ones.

Thank you in advance, it is now your turn... *Wink

How to stop these startup entries from popping-up every 3-4 days [​IMG]

:)

Ivan Petrov, Mar 31, 2018
  2. zossman Win User

Nokia E71X Question

For some reason, every now and something on my screen pops up and it says "headphones" and 3 or 4 other things...i just hit cancel, and it pops up every so often...it is really annoying...any idea of what it could be/how i could get it to stop?

zossman, Mar 31, 2018
  3. StanK Win User
    Windows 10 Pro upgrade fails at 15% progress and reverts back to the Windows 8.1 Pro

Hi everyone,

My wife's Surface Pro 3 (i5 246GB SDD) upgrade to Windows 10 Pro popped up as available. For the last 2 days I'm trying to let it upgrade but the whole process stops at 15% total progress and at 50% Copy Files.

I'm sure I've installed all available updates from Windows Update. From time to time (every 3-4 attempts) a Hardware System Update (6/23/2015) pops up and disappears.

Any idea how to move forward and have the upgrade actually succeed will be deeply appreciated.

Thanks,

Stan

StanK, Mar 31, 2018
  4. CountMike New Member

How to stop these startup entries from popping-up every 3-4 days

Check in Task manager > Startup and disable "Macrium Reflect UI Watcher" and see what happens.
    There are also these services:

One of them is to enable MR to mount .mrimg files, just don't remember now which one exactly.

CountMike, Mar 31, 2018
  5. Thank you @CountMike for your prompt answer.

These 2 entries don't appear in Startup Tab in Task Manager, they do only in CCleaner. Is that because they are 'runonce' ? What could be next?

Ivan Petrov, Mar 31, 2018
  6. CountMike New Member
    CountMike, Mar 31, 2018
  7. EdTittel Win User
    You are probably correct that you see them only when Reflect schedules them to run after the next restart/boot-up. I don't see either of those tasks on my PCs running Macrium Reflect. I see only one entry for Reflect UI as shown here:

HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 1, 2018
  8. AndreTen Win User

Maybe it's an update checker. Disable it in Macrium

AndreTen, Apr 1, 2018
  9. EdTittel Win User
    Ooooh! Good call, @AndreTen. I bet that's it!
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 1, 2018
  10. AndreTen Win User
    We'll see *Smile

AndreTen, Apr 1, 2018
  11. topgundcp Win User
    Short answer: download WhatInStartup - Disable/delete programs at Windows startup
    run as Admin and delete these 2 entries from startup, you don't need it.

Long answer: After installed Macrium. At startup, there will be 3 background processes running as shown:

Normally, you'd have one entry in the startup as shown above by @EdTittel and I always delete this entry until Macrium runs upgrade then it will put back in the startup.
    I suspect when installed Macrium, you used different user name.
    Macrium Reflect UI Watcher

NOTE: Cannot disable or set to Manual the Macrium Service. If you disable, the next run it will re-enable and set back to Automatic. Will break if you delete this service.

topgundcp, Apr 2, 2018
  12. RolandJS Win User
    topguntcp, if one installs MR6 or MR7 for all users, would it still matter which admin acct was used?
    I'd like to learn more from you *Smile

RolandJS, Apr 2, 2018
  13. topgundcp Win User

@RolandJS
    Since I am the only user in my PC, I keep my Windows size to the minimum ie. No data in C drive and in addition, most third party software can be made portable and put in another partition except a few that require drivers installed so practically, my Windows is close to fresh install, make backup less than ~1'45" and delta restore less that 1'. For that reason, I always perform full backup so there's no need to have these run at startup.

For data backup, I use GoodSync to a disk on my 2nd PC.

topgundcp, Apr 3, 2018
  14. Thanks @AndreTen but it is already disabled.

Ivan Petrov, Apr 4, 2018
  15. Thank you @topgundcp , I have these 3 processes as shown in your screenshot. I will leave them alone and next week will clean install the Windows. Now I recall I had the entry in the startup and I deleted it /no idea why/. Thank you @EdTittel too.

Ivan Petrov, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to stop these startup entries from popping-up every 3-4 days - Similar Threads - stop startup entries

2. Various BSOD errors on startup every 2-3 days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Various BSOD errors on startup every 2-3 days: I have been getting BSOD errors for a few months now and I am trying to get to the bottom of why they are occurring. The large majority of BSOD errors occur at startup or shortly after logging in. I have not had any errors during prolonged use of the system. I noted down the...
  3. Various BSOD errors on startup every 2-3 days

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Various BSOD errors on startup every 2-3 days: I have been getting BSOD errors for a few months now and I am trying to get to the bottom of why they are occurring. The large majority of BSOD errors occur at startup or shortly after logging in. I have not had any errors during prolonged use of the system. I noted down the...
  4. Various BSOD errors on startup every 2-3 days

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. 3 Command Prompts pop up and close on startup.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    3 Command Prompts pop up and close on startup.: Sporadically after logging on with my user, three command prompts are popping up and closing again. On one of the command prompts, before it closes, I see the message "the system cannot find the file specified". I have checked the autostart programs but no unusual programs...
  6. Just upgraded to 2004, this still keeps popping up every 3/4 days... Seriously Microsoft,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just upgraded to 2004, this still keeps popping up every 3/4 days... Seriously Microsoft,...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MI1984 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hpgqyu/just_upgraded_to_2004_this_still_keeps_popping_up/
  7. 3 events everi day

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    3 events everi day: Nome registro: System Origine: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Data: 19/11/2019 13:37:43 ID evento: 41 Categoria attività:(63) Livello: Critico Parole chiave: (70368744177664),(2) Utente: SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-VDK4095 Descrizione:...
  8. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION - BSOD's every 3-4 days.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION - BSOD's every 3-4 days.: Hello everyone! So since the past month my PC has been freezing and eventually gives a BSOD with the error "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION".Now I've tried google and tried various fixes like disabling Fast Startup etc and would like to know what's the issue before replacing...
  9. How to remove entry's from startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to remove entry's from startup: Hello all,is there a way to remove entry's from the startup menu? I know you can disable them but i would like to remove entry's to some programs that are not even on my computer but are still listed in the startup menu as disabled. (I like to keep things looking neat)*Smile...
  10. mystery pop up window on every startup

in Windows 10 Support
    mystery pop up window on every startup: Get this window, wonder if anyone knows what it might be I moved the TMP & TEMP folders t a different HDD, but not sure if this the issue [img] 75050