Windows 10: How to stop those Landscape images

Discus and support How to stop those Landscape images in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, Whenever I leave my computer for some break, when I awaken it, there is a landscape image on the screen, in the upper right corner a box asking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Motim, May 20, 2017.

1. Motim Win User

How to stop those Landscape images

Hello,
    Whenever I leave my computer for some break, when I awaken it, there is a landscape image on the screen, in the upper right corner a box asking if I like it or not - the "not like" many times is not present. I do not know who sends the images, I beleive its Google. How do I disable this feature (if possible), sometimes its annoying.
    And where on the computer are these images so I can delete them.
    Thanks

:)

Motim, May 20, 2017
  2. tranworld Win User

E52 gallery view bug

Gallery has portrait mode only when viewing Images, when viewing video it is forced to landscape mode whatever the settings on the sensor.

Another problem when viewing images is when an image is already in landscape mode, then with the phone held upright the image is shown in full screen landscape mode, then if you turn and hold the phone in landscape mode, the sensor kicked in and twist the
    image in portrait mode UPSIDEDOWN ! Similar situation happens when switching off the sensor, Images is then forced in landscape mode which then display the photos in portrait mode, then manually selecting portrait mode will then twist the image into landscape
    UPSIDEDOWN again.

Maddening

tranworld, May 20, 2017
  3. Surface Pro (2017) Display on External Monitor rotated

Thanks, John.

No luck. Troubleshooter says "Couldn't identify the problem." Starting in Test administrator account, and same problem occurs.

It's odd. If I put both surface and dell monitor in portrait mode, they match. If I rotate surface, monitor image rotates (with monitor in portrait) to match. If I put monitor in Landscape, however, no matter how I rotate the Surface Pro, the monitor WILL
    NOT show image in landscape. Rotated surface full 360 in 90 Degree increments, and with monitor in Landscape, Dell will not display image in landscape. (Odd, briefly shows correct image at points, then flips to 90 degree anticlockwise rotation.

ChrisCarstens, May 20, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

It's one version of a lock screen. You can have a slideshow of your own pics, or choose one.

How to stop those Landscape images [​IMG]

Spotlight is the feature that annoys you. And it's MS that's annoying you, not Google.

A search engine will help you find out where they are.

And if you wish, you can disable the lock screen. E.g.

How to stop those Landscape images [​IMG]

dalchina, May 20, 2017
  5. WOT
    WOT Win User
  6. Motim Win User
    Hello,
    Thanks for the answers.
    I set the Lock Screen to 'off', and yet the images keep-on coming, more annoying is that in the upper-right box there is not the "I don't like..." option sometimes.
    Is there something else to do ?
    Thanks

Motim, May 21, 2017
  7. dalchina New Member
    If you still have a lock screen (when you shouldn't if you disabled it) then change the setting (in Settings, Lock screen) to Picture or Slideshow. What you're unhappy with is presumably Spotlight.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to stop those Landscape images - Similar Threads - stop those Landscape

2. wordpad landscape to portrait but images incorrectly adjusted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wordpad landscape to portrait but images incorrectly adjusted: This is the single most annoying issue I'm now facing for years, it may also have been in Windows 7 but now I'm running Windows 10 and this is where this issue is seen:So you start up Wordpad not Word, but Wordpad, the Windows integrated tool and not part of Microsoft...
  3. wordpad landscape to portrait but images incorrectly adjusted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wordpad landscape to portrait but images incorrectly adjusted: This is the single most annoying issue I'm now facing for years, it may also have been in Windows 7 but now I'm running Windows 10 and this is where this issue is seen:So you start up Wordpad not Word, but Wordpad, the Windows integrated tool and not part of Microsoft...
  4. How to set those sleep mode images as my desktop wallpaper?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to set those sleep mode images as my desktop wallpaper?: When you "wake" your pc from sleep mode, you're met with those beautiful images of different kind. How do I make them my desktop wallpaper as well? submitted by /u/Mr_Mavik [link] [comments]...
  5. Microsoft Photo roates portrait images to landscape

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Photo roates portrait images to landscape: I'm running Windows 10 and it keeps auto rotating images captured in portrait orientation to landscape orientation. I'm then looking at a sideways image. Images are in raw arw format. I have tried to "reset" , "repair" and uninstall and install Photo app but still does not...
  6. How to stop image hover enlargement?

How to stop image hover enlargement?: Hey Guys, I have a weird question in any browser if ii put my cursor on any website it enlarges the photo even without clicking it. It does not open a new tab or change the page but only puts up the image like it is using magnifier. Magnifier is off and I have no other...
  7. How to force Win10 to pick only landscape images for slideshow?

How to force Win10 to pick only landscape images for slideshow?: As above. I'm on the latest 1809 build. After selecting the folder for lockscreen slideshow, is there any way to tell Windows to only show images from that folder with landscape orientation only? Perhaps some registry fix for this? Thanks. 123874
  8. How to force Win10 to pick only landscape images for slideshow?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to force Win10 to pick only landscape images for slideshow?: As above. I'm on the latest 1809 build. After selecting the folder for lockscreen slideshow, is there any way to tell Windows to only show images from that folder with landscape orientation only? Perhaps some registry fix for this? Thanks. 123874
  9. Google Chrome browser displays landscape images

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome browser displays landscape images: Hello, When I leave the computer for a while and come back, the display is black (its ok), then I hit any key mainly the spacebar to awaken the computer, and then on the display is a landscape image, (was not there when I left), and on the right upper corner a question if I...
  10. Landscape Images on Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Landscape Images on Desktop: Hello, When I am away from my pc for a while, my desktop is going black, and it is normal (so set), but when I click any key, the desktop 'awakens' and there is a landscape image, asking me if I like it or not. Sometimes the 'not' does nor apear so I cannont click on it....