Windows 10: How to stop updates from downloading automatically ?

Discus and support How to stop updates from downloading automatically ? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'd like to have updates set to download at users convenience or at a specific time of day. Is it possible in windows 10 ? 111691 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by alfred998, Jun 6, 2018.

1. alfred998 Win User

How to stop updates from downloading automatically ?

I'd like to have updates set to download at users convenience or at a specific time of day.
    Is it possible in windows 10 ?

:)

alfred998, Jun 6, 2018

2. How to stop windows 10 from downloading updates

1. Set your connection as metered connection for this follow this steps.

• Make sure you are connected to internet.
    • Go to Setting
    • Search "wifi"
    • Go to Wi-Fi Setting
    • Under networks click advanced
    • Turn on Set As Metered Connection
    2. You can turn off Windows Update service. But I don't recommend this. If section 1 doesn't work, do this.

• Windows + R
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter
    • Find Windows Update service
    • Right click and Properties
    • Change Automatic to Manual
    • Then stop service

Michael SB, Jun 7, 2018
  3. automatic updates in windows 10 drastically slowed down the computer

Hi Holley,

Thank you for your post.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

• Have you tried the steps suggested above?
    Let us try the following steps to disable the Windows update.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type Services.msc and press Enter.

• Search for Windows Update service from the list.

• Right Click on Windows Update from the list and select properties.

• In Properties Window Select Startup type as Disabled and Stop the Service.
    Windows 10 will not be automatically installing or downloading updates.

You may follow the same procedure and start the windows update service if you wish to update windows 10.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Jun 7, 2018
Thema:

How to stop updates from downloading automatically ?

1. How to stop updates from downloading automatically ? - Similar Threads - stop updates downloading

2. How to stop automatic updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop automatic updates: Windows 10 Pro v22H2. Used to be able to download.install Windows 10 updates when the computer wasn't being used for anything else. Windows updates automatically downloads and install on their own. How are automatic updates turned off?...
  3. How to stop automatic updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop automatic updates: Windows 10 Pro v22H2. Used to be able to download.install Windows 10 updates when the computer wasn't being used for anything else. Windows updates automatically downloads and install on their own. How are automatic updates turned off?...
  4. How to prevent updates from downloading automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent updates from downloading automatically: Once again, MS takes choices away from its customers. How can I set Updates to notify me, but NOT download automatically? I use the Standalone Installer. We don't all want to hand total control to the programmers at MS, nor to allow whatever vendor files the vendor feels like...
  5. How to prevent updates from downloading automatically

How to prevent updates from downloading automatically: Once again, MS takes choices away from its customers. How can I set Updates to notify me, but NOT download automatically? I use the Standalone Installer. We don't all want to hand total control to the programmers at MS, nor to allow whatever vendor files the vendor feels like...
  6. how to stop downloads from automatically going to "edge"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to stop downloads from automatically going to "edge"?: I want to stop the downloads from automatically going to "edge"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-downloads-from-automatically-going-to/aaa39101-954b-4491-9402-580b48cc9b1b
  7. how to stop downloads from automatically going to "edge"?

how to stop downloads from automatically going to "edge"?: I want to stop the downloads from automatically going to "edge"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-downloads-from-automatically-going-to/aaa39101-954b-4491-9402-580b48cc9b1b
  8. How to stop windows from automatically downloading cumulative updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stop windows from automatically downloading cumulative updates?: I recently accidentally installed cumulative updates, I now uninstalled them (some I couldnt uninstall apparently) but now if I press "search for updates" you know, incase there was an update, it automatically downloads ALL cumulative downloads and I cant stop it......
  9. How to stop OneDrive from automatically downloading photos to Picasa

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to stop OneDrive from automatically downloading photos to Picasa: Every day when I bring up the Picasa home page it automatically starts to download photos from OneDrive. I now have 45,000+ photo duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates, etc. etc. of unwanted photos. How can I put a stop to this daily problem? Thank you!...
  10. How to stop automatic updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to stop automatic updates: I do not want Microsoft interrupting valuable scientific data crunching on my computer because it wants to force an update. Data has been crunching for a few days and now it wants to do an update while there are potentially many weeks left of data calculations. How do I...