Windows 10: How to stop Updates of Windows Defender Definition

Discus and support How to stop Updates of Windows Defender Definition in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have disabled Window Defender, but the Updates of Windows Defender Definition are still downloaded and installed. How do I stop it? I tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by big10, Aug 25, 2015.

1. big10 Win User

How to stop Updates of Windows Defender Definition

I have disabled Window Defender, but the Updates of Windows Defender Definition are still downloaded and installed.

How do I stop it?

I tried to use the Show or Hide updates to hide the Update of Windows Defender Definition, but it did not appear there.

:)

big10, Aug 25, 2015

2. Windows Defender definition update times out before finishing install.

Windows Defender update definitions install stops very near the end and doesn't finish the install before Defender times out and stops without new definitions.

GregMoreland, Aug 25, 2015
  3. Mark_800 Win User
    How do I stop Windows Update downloading Defender Definition Updates

I'm running Windows 10.

I have Kaspersky installed and therefore have Windows Defender disabled. However every day Windows Update downloads a Defender Definitions update.

This is pointless, a useless waste of time and network resource - precisely because Windows Defender is disabled on my PC as I don't use it.

How do I stop Windows Update from downloading the useless and redundant Defender Definitions updates ?

Mark_800, Aug 25, 2015
  4. How to stop Updates of Windows Defender Definition

Try this: Turn on WD, then Turn it off, then download this bat and run it as admin ASAP, restart.

TairikuOkami, Aug 26, 2015
Thema:

How to stop Updates of Windows Defender Definition

1. How to stop Updates of Windows Defender Definition - Similar Threads - stop Updates Defender

2. How to update the virus definition for the Defender?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to update the virus definition for the Defender?: I am receiving the Win 10 alarm sounded while surfing the internet, saying my PC has virus, and led me to the process for virus update. I am wonder it was a fake message, I would appreciate someone can show me how to get the virus update by down load the virus definition...
  3. Windows Defender Definition Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Defender Definition Updates: I have a Toshiba Satellite P875-S7200 & also a Dell Inspiron17 (series 5000). Both computers have Windows 10 64-bit. The Toshiba has version 1809 on it and the Dell has version 1803 on it. On both computers all updates seem to install without issue except the Windows...
  4. Windows Defender definition updates ...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Defender definition updates ...: Is there a problem with the Defender updates? As I keep running the update app and there have been no updates today (01/05/2019). The last update was yesterday (30/04/2019) it was - Definition 1.293.527.0...
  5. Windows Defender stopped scanning / updating virus definitions

Windows Defender stopped scanning / updating virus definitions: Hello everybody, My Windows Defender stopped scanning / updating virus definitions, I've had to do these things manually since the Win 10 April 2018 upgrade. Re-installed the whole Win 10, didn't fix the problem. Today I completed the Win 10 October 2018 upgrade....
  6. definition updates for defender

definition updates for defender: i have had 8 of these in one day was wondering if something is wrong 121010
  7. definition updates for defender

in Windows 10 Support
    definition updates for defender: i have had 8 of these in one day was wondering if something is wrong 121010
  8. Windows Defender definition updates

Windows Defender definition updates: Has anyone else noticed that the size of the daily definition download has dramatically increased? Prior to FCU the average size for me was under 1mb, now it has balloned to just under 30mb. This is of course downloading via Windows Update.Is this some kind of unusual quirk...
  9. How can I stop Windows Defender definitions update notifications?

How can I stop Windows Defender definitions update notifications?: They happen every day and I always get this slide in toast notification. The updates are like 50kb and are done in .5 of a second, I don't need to know about it I think it's because I disabled auto update because I'd heard of Windows 10 handling that in an incredibly...
  10. Windows Defender Definition Update

Windows Defender Definition Update: I have disabled Windows Defender in Windows 10, but the Windows Defender Definition Updates are still being downloaded and installed, these updates are wasting my hard disk space. Are there ways to stop downloading of these updates. 16433