Windows 10: How to stop Windows 10 adding \Documents to Documents library

Discus and support How to stop Windows 10 adding \Documents to Documents library in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've been using Windows 10 for a few months. In the past month or so, it has started adding %USERPROFILE%\Documents to my Documents library every time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JeremyL, Mar 6, 2016.

1. JeremyL Win User

How to stop Windows 10 adding \Documents to Documents library

I've been using Windows 10 for a few months. In the past month or so, it has started adding %USERPROFILE%\Documents to my Documents library every time I restart. I don't want this to happen.

The folders I want in my Documents library are
    %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Documents (default)
    %USERPROFILE%\OneDrive\Documents
    C:\Users\Public\Documents

I don't want %USERPROFILE%\Documents in the library because Windows and various applications put folders in there that I hardly ever need to look at (Scanned Documents, Fax, Downloads, etc.) I put my real documents in %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Documents (which I created).

For the past month or so, Windows 10 has added %USERPROFILE%\Documents to the Documents library every time I restart, and also made it the default save location. If I remove it from the library, it is added again next time I restart. How do I stop this happening?

:)

JeremyL, Mar 6, 2016

2. Can't Remove C:\users\<my name>\Documents Folder From The Documents Library

Hello everyone.

Currently, the Documents Library on my Windows 10 machine includes the Documents folder that I created on the D drive as well as the Documents folder on the C drive. I want to remove C:\users\<my name>\Documents from the Documents Library so that the Documents
    Library only includes the folder that I created on the D drive. The system let's me do that, but C:\users\<my name>\Documents always gets added back to the Documents library when I reboot the machine.

I was able to successfully remove the C Drive folders for Videos, Pictures and Music from their respective libraries. They do not get added back to the libraries when I reboot. Only C:\users\<my name>\Documents gets added back.

Can someone tell how to permanently remove C:\users\<my name>\Documents from the Documents library and keep it from getting added back?

RichardCosta1066, Mar 6, 2016
  3. Cannot Unpin from Quick Access Since Microsoft Switched Local Documents and Pictures to OneDrive Folders

See if Libraries can account for your symptoms. Also, see if using Libraries can allow you to work around them. FWIW I just pinned my Documents Library to Quick Access and then unpinned it. Documents Library contains the three Documents directories you
    mentioned.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Mar 6, 2016
  4. ajkessel Win User

Same problem here, have not found a solution.

ajkessel, Apr 26, 2017
Thema:

1. How to stop Windows 10 adding \Documents to Documents library - Similar Threads - stop adding Documents

2. Files Copied into Documents Library also in OneDrive Documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files Copied into Documents Library also in OneDrive Documents: My clients new Dell Inspiron uses Windows 11 Version 22H2.During setup, OneDrive was disabled in Startup as well as "Unlink this PC" and "Unlink account" in Settings.As mentioned, files copied directly to the Documents library also now appear in the OneDrive Documents...
  3. Files Copied into Documents Library also in OneDrive Documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files Copied into Documents Library also in OneDrive Documents: My clients new Dell Inspiron uses Windows 11 Version 22H2.During setup, OneDrive was disabled in Startup as well as "Unlink this PC" and "Unlink account" in Settings.As mentioned, files copied directly to the Documents library also now appear in the OneDrive Documents...
  4. Downloading data from Library Documents

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downloading data from Library Documents: New computer replacing 8 year old computer. Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Many documents were stored in Library "Documents" (not C or D drive) but unable to locate. Have Hard Drive from old computer in docking station but unable to locate files?...
  5. Adding Text to a PDF Document

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adding Text to a PDF Document: G'day, I receive PDF files with questions I have to answer. I have tried to find a way of converting a PDF to Word. I would have to purchase a program. My friend told me he would send me instruction how to do it. When I opened the PDF file I am not able to find TOOLS. I...
  6. Hide Documents library privacy settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hide Documents library privacy settings?: I want to hide Documents library privacy settings from search. When I try to get to my Documents folder, the search result is Settings page called Documents library privacy settings. I really don’t need it but I really need the folder I am trying to find. Why am I getting a...
  7. Documents Library - Lost Contents

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents Library - Lost Contents: Hi all. First time over in the 10 Forums, but an old time member of the 7 Forum *chuckle I'm trying to work out a concern today, that's frankly driving me nuts. I installed the latest Creators Update a couple of days ago, and noticed this today, so I'm assuming its...
  8. How to stop "Documents" library from being reset on reboot?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop "Documents" library from being reset on reboot?: No matter what I do, Windows 10 changes the folders that belong to my "Documents" library on reboot to the standard folders (specifically %userprofile%/documents and the OneDrive documents folder). I don't want either of these folders in the Documents library; when I make...
  9. Add or Remove Documents Library in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Documents Library in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Documents Library in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Documents Library in Windows 10 [img] Information remove folders and drives to be included in a library as you like. Windows 10 has the Videos libraries by default. The C:\Users\<user...
  10. Accidentally moved Documents Library to HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidentally moved Documents Library to HDD: I was trying to move my libraries off of my SSD. In doing so I accidentally moved my Documents library onto my drive D: (my HDD). When I realized that it did not work the way I wanted it to I tried to reset to default, but instead of moving the Documents library back to C:...