Windows 10: how to stop windows 10 from installing

Discus and support how to stop windows 10 from installing in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I don't want windows 10 on the other pc , but i think downloaded files for 10 are on it. How do i go about stopping this..if i try to install windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Wasi, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Wasi Win User

how to stop windows 10 from installing

I don't want windows 10 on the other pc , but i think downloaded files for 10 are on it.
    How do i go about stopping this..if i try to install windows 7 security updates 10 want to install .
    thanks in advance

:)

2. How to stop Windows 10 from installing

I was never unable to stop the install, even after following all instructions provided to me. In desperation, I rebuilt my operating system to Windows 7 and plan to stay there.

Thomas JCasey, Mar 10, 2016
  3. How to stop Windows 10 from installing

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for showing interest on Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to assist you.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I would recommend you to uninstall and reinstall that KB article and check if it works.

Open the elevate (Adminstrator) Command Prompt and type the below command and hit Enter.

wusa /uninstall /kb:3035583

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go into "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download" folder
      and delete everything in that folder.
    • Now, Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Command Prompt Admin.
    • Type in wuauclt.exe /updatenow in the Command prompt.
    • Close the Command prompt after successfully executed the command in Command prompt.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Mar 10, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello Wasi *Smile

The following tutorial will show you how to disable the W10 installation on your other PC.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...s-7-8-1-a.html

If you have spotted the hidden directory containing the downloaded W10 upgrade files you can simply delete it.

philc43, Mar 10, 2016
Thema:

1. how to stop windows 10 from installing - Similar Threads - stop installing

2. Stop installing software without consent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop installing software without consent: I turned my laptop on this morning to find it chugging and almost falling over. I am in the middle of a large render process and running close to my maximum disk space. After investigating why it was chugging along, I found Windows did an automatically installation of...
  3. Stop installing software without consent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop installing software without consent: I turned my laptop on this morning to find it chugging and almost falling over. I am in the middle of a large render process and running close to my maximum disk space. After investigating why it was chugging along, I found Windows did an automatically installation of...
  4. how do you stop an update when the system says you must restart to install a downloaded update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do you stop an update when the system says you must restart to install a downloaded update?: Finally repaired my system and turned off windows update service. Set a new restore point and when I went to the update section to ensure it was off, it stated that an update was pending upon restart. How do I stop the update? this is the same update I just uninstalled.Reply...
  5. how do you stop an update when the system says you must restart to install a downloaded update?

how do you stop an update when the system says you must restart to install a downloaded update?: Finally repaired my system and turned off windows update service. Set a new restore point and when I went to the update section to ensure it was off, it stated that an update was pending upon restart. How do I stop the update? this is the same update I just uninstalled.Reply...
  6. How do I stop windows from restarting my device to install updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop windows from restarting my device to install updates?: This isn't the first time it's happened, windows just restarts my laptop to install updates when it's sleeping S0 modern standby is the only state supported that isn't hibernation. This is obviously very annoying, and continues to happen even though I have restart as soon as...
  7. How do I stop windows from restarting my device to install updates?

How do I stop windows from restarting my device to install updates?: This isn't the first time it's happened, windows just restarts my laptop to install updates when it's sleeping S0 modern standby is the only state supported that isn't hibernation. This is obviously very annoying, and continues to happen even though I have restart as soon as...
  8. Hi there; have new HP computer. I need to install EPIC medical record. It stops me at...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi there; have new HP computer. I need to install EPIC medical record. It stops me at...: Need Help installing EPIC/ ? media player ???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-there-have-new-hp-computer-i-need-to-install/3ae96ea2-aeb2-41a8-815d-b9e82577046d
  9. Hi there; have new HP computer. I need to install EPIC medical record. It stops me at...

Hi there; have new HP computer. I need to install EPIC medical record. It stops me at...: Need Help installing EPIC/ ? media player ???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-there-have-new-hp-computer-i-need-to-install/3ae96ea2-aeb2-41a8-815d-b9e82577046d
  10. Microsoft, please stop installing apps without my permission. Any way to stop this from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft, please stop installing apps without my permission. Any way to stop this from...: Microsoft Windows 11 keeps reinstalling the apps that I uninstall manually. Those apps have no use for me so why does Windows 11 keep installing them?...