Windows 10: How to stop windows 10 updates

Discus and support How to stop windows 10 updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; How can I stop windows 10 updates? I put in metered for 1 week. In one week will it give me a chance to stall again or will it automaticly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by doncole, Jan 4, 2018.

1. doncole Win User

How to stop windows 10 updates

How can I stop windows 10 updates?

I put in metered for 1 week.

In one week will it give me a chance to stall again or

will it automaticly update (What I do not want).

Don Cole

:)

doncole, Jan 4, 2018

2. How to stop Windows 10 to install updates

Hi Kamran,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

In this case, you can change the Windows updates settings and it will help notifying you whenever the updates are available. Go to
    Settings > Update and security > Windows Update > Advanced Options. In the advanced options, select the option in the first setting:
    Notify to schedule restart

You'll be asked to schedule a restart to finish installing updates. updates won't download over a metered conncteion (where charges may apply).

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Jan 4, 2018
  3. How to stop Windows 10 to install updates

I'm having problem. I've Nvidia gt630 and its new driver updates have some issues.. new version keeps on crashing. But this only happens when my windows 10 automatically install new updates of the driver.. Is there any way to prevent Graphic cards software
    update? Please answer if it's possible..

Thanks

KamranGhafoor_917, Jan 4, 2018
  4. CountMike New Member

I greatly discourage disabling auto updates, specially with all those security holes found in OSs, SW and now in processors but Winaero Tweaker has setting to help with that:

How to stop windows 10 updates [​IMG]

CountMike, Jan 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to stop windows 10 updates - Similar Threads - stop updates

2. After Windows update monitor stops registering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Windows update monitor stops registering: So I've been dealing with this problem on and off for awhile and it's semi predictable. Ill also say Im not very tech literate but this is getting so obnoxious and expensive to deal with so asking around is worth a shot. Ive had a refurbished gaming PC for about 2 years now...
  3. After Windows update monitor stops registering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After Windows update monitor stops registering: So I've been dealing with this problem on and off for awhile and it's semi predictable. Ill also say Im not very tech literate but this is getting so obnoxious and expensive to deal with so asking around is worth a shot. Ive had a refurbished gaming PC for about 2 years now...
  4. Recent Windows update caused mic to stop working on Poly Voyager 4320

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent Windows update caused mic to stop working on Poly Voyager 4320: I recently installed a Windows 11 update and afterwards my Bluetooth connected Poly Voyager 4320's mic stopped working. I can hear audio from the headset and the device shows it is connected in the different windows settings along with Cisco Jabber. But I can not get any...
  5. Recent Windows update caused mic to stop working on Poly Voyager 4320

Recent Windows update caused mic to stop working on Poly Voyager 4320: I recently installed a Windows 11 update and afterwards my Bluetooth connected Poly Voyager 4320's mic stopped working. I can hear audio from the headset and the device shows it is connected in the different windows settings along with Cisco Jabber. But I can not get any...
  6. Bluetooth Handsfree Microphone Stopped Working After Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Handsfree Microphone Stopped Working After Update: Hi,I have a Sennheiser TW2 paired with my desktop and laptop, both running Windows 11. After an update in late 2023, the microphone on my hands-free no longer works on my laptop. I have tried updating all the drivers, pairing the hands-free with my laptop again and resetting...
  7. Bluetooth Handsfree Microphone Stopped Working After Update

Bluetooth Handsfree Microphone Stopped Working After Update: Hi,I have a Sennheiser TW2 paired with my desktop and laptop, both running Windows 11. After an update in late 2023, the microphone on my hands-free no longer works on my laptop. I have tried updating all the drivers, pairing the hands-free with my laptop again and resetting...
  8. Dont want to update windows , how to stop it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dont want to update windows , how to stop it: i am getting a lot of windows updates on my windows 10 , but i dont want to update it now for atleast 3-4months , how to stop it?i tried pausing windows updates but it is just for 35 days...
  9. Dont want to update windows , how to stop it

Dont want to update windows , how to stop it: i am getting a lot of windows updates on my windows 10 , but i dont want to update it now for atleast 3-4months , how to stop it?i tried pausing windows updates but it is just for 35 days...
  10. Dont want to update windows , how to stop it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade