Windows 10: How to stop Windows creating a temporary User.

Discus and support How to stop Windows creating a temporary User. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I've been messing with netplwiz and now Windows 10 creates a temporary User for 1 of my 3 User Names I have 3 User Names: INTU1; INTU2 and... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by richard2277, Nov 13, 2015.

1. How to stop Windows creating a temporary User.

I've been messing with netplwiz and now Windows 10 creates a temporary User for 1 of my 3 User Names

I have 3 User Names: INTU1; INTU2 and EDUCATION.

What I mean, is that when I select INTU2, a new, temporary set of files is made in the Users folder on C drive, so I don't see my usual desktop with all my files, because of course, the desktop file, being newly created, has no files in it (or just a few).

How did I get to this? Well, in netplwiz I chose a User Name and chose Properties. Under Properties is a tab called "Group Membership". Originally all my Users Names were ticked off as "Other". Well, what I did was set all my User Names Group settings, simply to "Administrator". I think that simply set each User Name to "Administrator"" and that's all.

Anyway, in an attempt to put things back as they were I've gone and set all my User Names Groups back to what I think they were. Anyway, all my User Names are now set to 3 Groups that I think they were set to originally, which are "Administrators" "Users" & "HomeUsers". I can verify that all User Names are set with these 3 Groups.

So, why is it that when selecting INTU2, does Windows create a temporary set of files in the User folder, and not pointing to the original files in that folder?

I wonder if it's to do with a password issue. I may have set passwords in addition to what I've described above. Perhaps if I remove passwords things will go back to normal. I'll try it.

EDIT: No, User INTU2, now always leads to the creation of a temporary User Name. Maybe my only otion is to delete this User, then create a new User, and change the location of the desktop file. BECAUSE: MY DESKTOPS FILES ARE NOT ON C: in USERS FOLDER:. THEY ARE ALL ON A SEPARATE DATA PARTITION.

:)

richard2277, Nov 13, 2015

2. How to stop Windows 10 Update creating temporary folders on my D disc

Solved !!!

SCCM client was creating temp folders...

Thanks

Harutyun Hakobyan, Nov 13, 2015
  3. How to stop Windows 10 Update creating temporary folders on my D disc

Hi Harutyun,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I suggest you to include the screen shot of the folder.

Refer: How to include a screenshot in your post.

How to include a screenshot in your post

Please reply to us with the required information. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 13, 2015
Thema:

How to stop Windows creating a temporary User.

1. How to stop Windows creating a temporary User. - Similar Threads - stop creating temporary

2. Windows creates a temporary profile, and creates separate username

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows creates a temporary profile, and creates separate username: I replaced one of my storage drives with an SSD, and when I logged into my PC, I was given the "temporary account" error. I tried fixing it with the Registry Editor, but it always makes a entirely new user folder. If I try to access my original user folder, I am given a "You...
  3. Windows creates a temporary profile, and creates separate username

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows creates a temporary profile, and creates separate username: I replaced one of my storage drives with an SSD, and when I logged into my PC, I was given the "temporary account" error. I tried fixing it with the Registry Editor, but it always makes a entirely new user folder. If I try to access my original user folder, I am given a "You...
  4. Windows creates a temporary profile, and creates separate username

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Temporary user profile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Temporary user profile: How do I change a temporary profile to a permanent one so that I don't lose settings and data every time I close down? I tried A. User's instruction but I got stuck at the net user administrator /active:yes command. This started when I tried to block certain websites by...
  6. Problem with Windows 10 creating temporary accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Problem with Windows 10 creating temporary accounts: On my son's PC Win 10 failed to log into his profile and started to create temporary profiles. His profile still exists under C:/user/profile name and it is showing with a .bak in the registry profile list. I deleted the new temp. profile and renamed the .bak profile. When I...
  7. temporary user created

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    temporary user created: Latest upgrade created a temporary user so now it appears all my files have disappeared. I signed on as I usually do. How do I figure this out. I'm under a deadline and am anxious to get back to work! Thanks....
  8. windows created a temporary paging file...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows created a temporary paging file...: I recently got this error message every time I started my machine. [ATTACH] I setup the paging file on E driver but windows still create the file on C driver. Why??? [ATTACH] I don't have this issue before. I don't change any setting on my computer recently. The error...
  9. Modify the temporary user profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Modify the temporary user profile: Hi, Many family members and their children come to my house and use my laptop. However, several times, they have wrecked my personal user account. I have setup a local account for this matter, called Visitor. In the users folder, I renamed 'visitor' to 'visitor1', so...
  10. Logging back in as temporary user

in Windows 10 Support
    Logging back in as temporary user: I understand others have had problems logging in as a temporary user when updating to windows 10 and a reboot or update sorts this out. But does anyone know how I can log back in as that temporary user again?? I moved some documents and pictures (in the folder...