Windows 10: How to stop windows downloading drivers automatically?

Discus and support How to stop windows downloading drivers automatically? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi guys, I have, apparently identified the culprit for my abrupt restarts with automatic repair firing up. It's the radeon 8750m drivers. the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Marko1401, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Marko1401 Win User

How to stop windows downloading drivers automatically?

Hi guys,

I have, apparently identified the culprit for my abrupt restarts with automatic repair firing up.

It's the radeon 8750m drivers. the second they begin to install BAM. shutdown+automatic repair.

What's the most effective way to not install those drivers all together?

:)

Marko1401, Aug 14, 2016

2. System drivers stopped working after upgrade to Windows 10.

Original Title: System Drivers

Just downloaded windows 10 and many of my system drivers are stopped. how do I correct?

Greg.Morris, Aug 14, 2016
  3. marzora Win User
    AMD Windows 10 Drivers for Radeon HD 6620G DON'T Work for APU A8-3500M

Thank you for your recommendation but another helpful thing that stops the downloading of bad drivers is the following knowledge base article
    How to temporarily prevent a Windows or driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10 link :https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

With this I have stop the daily downloading of the bad driver.

marzora, Aug 14, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 14, 2016
  5. Marko1401 Win User
    Detailed. Thanks How to stop windows downloading drivers automatically? :)

I used wushoworhide and hid the radeon drivers. Does that do the trick?
    They still appear ready to be installed, which is something i do not want.
    Why does windows roll out drivers that mess your computer up?!

Marko1401, Aug 14, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 14, 2016
  7. Marko1401 Win User
    Ok. Thanks for being a resource brink.

So the registry fix will disable it all together for the time being?
    Whats the best way to have them not install at all, they are obviously corrupted or not performing on my system.

I can't actually understand why would windows force you to update drivers that apparently do not function as intended and crash your PC instantly.

Marko1401, Aug 14, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 14, 2016
  9. Marko1401 Win User
    Hi brink, thanks.

I used the reg file for the registry. Simple and effective.

I will not stop windows updates right?
    My current winver is 1511 and it won't update to 1607....I see that 1607 is a bit more polished seeing as how I setup my desktop with that as an emergency, with the graph drivers causing a lot of problems for me.

Marko1401, Aug 15, 2016
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Correct. It will not disable Windows Update.

Brink, Aug 15, 2016
  11. reddice Win User
    • Device manager.
    • Select on affected driver.
    • Right click or double click on device.
    • Select driver tab.
    • Update driver.
    • Browse my computer for driver software.
    • Let me pick from a list of device drivers.
    • Select the device driver you want to install.
    • Choose the driver that works from the list.
    • Ignore the stupid warning saying it might not work
    That is what I had to do to prevent that POS Realtek audio driver from installing all the time. It will no longer even update it when a newer version comes out.

reddice, Aug 15, 2016
  12. Marko1401 Win User
    Thanks. That's exactly what I did for my elan touch-pad (recognized as a ps2mouse initially) to make it work correctly.
    May apply to my radeon drivers.

Although at present it is working ok - I even play pillars of eternity, a semi graphic intensive game without problems.

Marko1401, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to stop windows downloading drivers automatically? - Similar Threads - stop downloading drivers

2. How to stop Windows 11 from downloading Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop Windows 11 from downloading Drivers: I've tried the following instructions from this site to stop Windows 11 from downloading Drivers. It has miserably failed. Here's the site - How to disable automatic driver install on Windows 11 - PureinfotechIs there another way to have Driver updates from automatically...
  3. How to stop Windows 11 from downloading Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop Windows 11 from downloading Drivers: I've tried the following instructions from this site to stop Windows 11 from downloading Drivers. It has miserably failed. Here's the site - How to disable automatic driver install on Windows 11 - PureinfotechIs there another way to have Driver updates from automatically...
  4. how to stop downloads from automatically going to "edge"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to stop downloads from automatically going to "edge"?: I want to stop the downloads from automatically going to "edge"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-downloads-from-automatically-going-to/aaa39101-954b-4491-9402-580b48cc9b1b
  5. How I stop this driver from downloading

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How I stop this driver from downloading: In Windows update a driver try to install called "creative media" and it ruin my sound blaster driver (picture attached) How I stop this driver from downloading or installing ? 169794
  6. How I stop this driver from downloading

in Windows 10 Support
    How I stop this driver from downloading: In Windows update a driver try to install called "creative media" and it ruin my sound blaster driver (picture attached) How I stop this driver from downloading or installing ? 169794
  7. How to stop windows from automatically downloading cumulative updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stop windows from automatically downloading cumulative updates?: I recently accidentally installed cumulative updates, I now uninstalled them (some I couldnt uninstall apparently) but now if I press "search for updates" you know, incase there was an update, it automatically downloads ALL cumulative downloads and I cant stop it......
  8. I need Windows to STOP automatically downloading drivers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I need Windows to STOP automatically downloading drivers.: Hello there. I'm in distress here trying to do a fresh install of windows 10. Everytime i reinstall windows and i turn off the automatic driver updates on the system menu, and connect it to the internet it will always, in a matter of seconds, download some wrong touchpad...
  9. How to stop updates from downloading automatically ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to stop updates from downloading automatically ?: I'd like to have updates set to download at users convenience or at a specific time of day. Is it possible in windows 10 ? 111691
  10. How to stop the automatic installation of BayHubTech driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to stop the automatic installation of BayHubTech driver: Hello community. How can I stop the automatic driver installation for the BayHubTech flash memory reader. It is very annoying what happens, because this controller always gives me problems with windows (BSOD). I do not need that stupid controller, I never use flash memory....