Windows 10: How to stop windows from indexing

Discus and support How to stop windows from indexing in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Can not seem to find where I can disable indexing. I use an app I have just for searching. 39682 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by gladstone, Feb 3, 2016.

1. gladstone Win User

How to stop windows from indexing

Can not seem to find where I can disable indexing. I use an app I have just for searching.

:)

gladstone, Feb 3, 2016
  2. HalKeown Win User

how do you remove or stop a tracking program

I am using windows 10 and keep getting a window pop up from social grow technologies, index php. how do I stop or remove it

HalKeown, Feb 3, 2016
  3. How to stop Search Indexing permanently?

Thanks for this - however got approx 1 minute into video and failed to change properties in the 'security' tab of SearchUI.exe - I thought I had copied video carefully but .... hmmm

CharlotteBeauvoisin, Feb 3, 2016
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Click on your C drive properties then at the bottom, click on indexing....on/off

OldMike65, Feb 3, 2016
  5. gladstone Win User
    Thanks

gladstone, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to stop windows from indexing - Similar Threads - stop indexing

2. Indexing is running, but documents are not being indexed. We are unable to stop, start,,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Indexing is running, but documents are not being indexed. We are unable to stop, start,,...: Last week onwards, I looked for the screenshot below. Restarted many times but there was no result.Indexing is running, but documents are not being indexed. We are unable to stop, start,, and restart the Windows search services in the Services.msc.I have done the following...
  3. Indexing is running, but documents are not being indexed. We are unable to stop, start,,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Indexing is running, but documents are not being indexed. We are unable to stop, start,,...: Last week onwards, I looked for the screenshot below. Restarted many times but there was no result.Indexing is running, but documents are not being indexed. We are unable to stop, start,, and restart the Windows search services in the Services.msc.I have done the following...
  4. Stop Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host from indexing network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host from indexing network: How do I control which network shares get indexed by Windows Search Protocol Host?I wanted to compare something in the original Baldur's Gate II and the new Enhanced Edition that was given away on Amazon Prime last summer, so I booted up my old Windows98SE/XP computer where I...
  5. Stop Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host from indexing network

Stop Microsoft Windows Search Protocol Host from indexing network: How do I control which network shares get indexed by Windows Search Protocol Host?I wanted to compare something in the original Baldur's Gate II and the new Enhanced Edition that was given away on Amazon Prime last summer, so I booted up my old Windows98SE/XP computer where I...
  6. How to STOP windows update to automatically delete my search index file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to STOP windows update to automatically delete my search index file?: HiFor some reason everytime when windows 11 is doing an update, my search index is deleted without asking. It is terrible. I have 1.1 million items and it takes normally 3 days to get it indexed. Without a full indexed computer I can't use my search. Does anybody know how to...
  7. How to STOP windows update to automatically delete my search index file?

How to STOP windows update to automatically delete my search index file?: HiFor some reason everytime when windows 11 is doing an update, my search index is deleted without asking. It is terrible. I have 1.1 million items and it takes normally 3 days to get it indexed. Without a full indexed computer I can't use my search. Does anybody know how to...
  8. Windows 10, Indexing of drive stops every few days

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10, Indexing of drive stops every few days: I have an external USB 5TB, NTFS format drive that Windows 10 indexes successfully, but after a few days it looses all the index information for that drive. So when I search the drive in File Explorer, no results come up. I ran the Windows indexing troubleshooter and it says...
  9. Windows 10, Indexing of drive stops every few days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10, Indexing of drive stops every few days: I have an external USB 5TB, NTFS format drive that Windows 10 indexes successfully, but after a few days it looses all the index information for that drive. So when I search the drive in File Explorer, no results come up. I ran the Windows indexing troubleshooter and it says...
  10. Windows 10, Indexing of drive stops every few days