Windows 10: How to stop windows from moving around and resizing after exiting game

Discus and support How to stop windows from moving around and resizing after exiting game in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm trying to figure out how to stop windows from moving around and resizing when I alt+tab out of a game like Grand Theft Auto San Andreas. It gets... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bluntc0ncussi0n, Mar 16, 2017.

1. How to stop windows from moving around and resizing after exiting game

I'm trying to figure out how to stop windows from moving around and resizing when I alt+tab out of a game like Grand Theft Auto San Andreas. It gets annoying and I'm trying to figure out how to get it to stop doing that. Any help is much appreciated.

If it helps to know I'm using Windows 10 64 bit.

:)

bluntc0ncussi0n, Mar 16, 2017
  2. Kamka Win User

apps is shaking ( loos )

If after exiting icons simply disappear then reappear (blink), then it's pretty normal. No reason to worry... If they move around. Then... hm... what the...? Seriously - never heard of icons dancing around, but who knows - the next top 10 game might be
    'Hit the moving icon' How to stop windows from moving around and resizing after exiting game ;)

Message Edited by kamenlitchev on 07-Jan-2009 12:26 PM

Kamka, Mar 16, 2017
  3. Windows Automatically Resize After Using Full-Screen Game

I'm running Windows 10 on a Surface 3. When I launch a full-screen application (i.e. a game), I find that any other windows I've left open (web browsers, mail app, etc.) have automatically resized themselves to the upper-left corner of a screen after exiting
    the game. Has anyone had this issue or does anyone know of a fix? Resizing all of the windows every time can get annoying.

DrewVollmer, Mar 16, 2017
  4. VBJP Win User

How to stop windows from moving around and resizing after exiting game

Is your game running at same resolution as native/desktop resolution?
    if for example you run game at 1280x720 but your desktop is 1920x1080 then when you get back to your desktop windows gets confused about sudden change of resolution and window size/position etc. may change.

5. It's not cuz everytime I run it in my native resolution it crashes.

bluntc0ncussi0n, Mar 16, 2017
  6. Soo how do I fix this problem...?

bluntc0ncussi0n, Mar 28, 2017
  7. Berton Win User
    Also, as a diagnostic press Ctrl+Alt+Del to bring up Task Manager, use End Task on that program. See if you get the same result.

Berton, Mar 28, 2017
  8. How to stop windows from moving around and resizing after exiting game

I did that and it appears that I did get the same result.

bluntc0ncussi0n, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to stop windows from moving around and resizing after exiting game

1. How to stop windows from moving around and resizing after exiting game - Similar Threads - stop moving around

2. automatic exit from games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    automatic exit from games: Hello, I have a problem. When I enter a certain game, things are normal here, but after an hour or half an hour, I receive an exit message. This is strange because my laptop has very high specifications, and this is the message....
  3. automatic exit from games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    automatic exit from games: Hello, I have a problem. When I enter a certain game, things are normal here, but after an hour or half an hour, I receive an exit message. This is strange because my laptop has very high specifications, and this is the message....
  4. How do I stop Excel files from moving around the screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop Excel files from moving around the screen?: Hi - I am running Excel O365 version on a Dell Latitude 5520 but am encountering some real strange things. One of the most frustrating is that when I open a second or third Excel file they start packing down the screen which I understand but if one of them has e.g. Enable...
  5. How do I stop Excel files from moving around the screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop Excel files from moving around the screen?: Hi - I am running Excel O365 version on a Dell Latitude 5520 but am encountering some real strange things. One of the most frustrating is that when I open a second or third Excel file they start packing down the screen which I understand but if one of them has e.g. Enable...
  6. Windows are resized and moved after waking PC.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows are resized and moved after waking PC.: Problem: Windows 10 windows resized and moved after waking from sleep/monitor power save mode. I build this PC last week and even after updating everything and problem remained. So in the tradition of Mac Manager LISTSERV (RIP) of posting a "SUMMERY" of solution found for...
  7. Windows are resized and moved after waking PC.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows are resized and moved after waking PC.: So in the tradition of Mac-Manager LISTSERV (RIP) of posting a "SUMMERY" of solution found for a problem. Here is my contribution to that tradition, which should be revived in this type of forum. Problem: Windows 10 windows resized and moved after waking from...
  8. Open windows move and resize after sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Open windows move and resize after sleep: I have a six month of Dell Vostro which came installed with Windows 10 Pro. Every time my computer sleeps when it wakes all open windows have shifted position and/or resized....
  9. Resized and moved windows after sleep or shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Resized and moved windows after sleep or shutdown: New desktop computer, so had to go with Windows 10 Professional, upgraded from Win 7 Pro, and I hate 10 more every day. Every time the computer goes to sleep or is shut down, my windows are all re-sized and moved to the top left corner of the screen. This is indescribably...
  10. Need to stop application windows moving and resizing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Need to stop application windows moving and resizing: Im running 3 monitors. When windows goes to sleep and wakes all the open applications are moved between displays and resized. I've google'd and found some topics but, with no resolution. I'd like to be able to pin/stick an application to a display. One monitor is just a 7"...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does exiting my game on pc resize my other open windows