Windows 10: How to stop Windows from updating my video driver!

Discus and support How to stop Windows from updating my video driver! in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Greetings all, Windows 10 Ver 1607 OS Build 14393.693 Windows insists on updating my NVidia graphic driver. I'd REALLY like this to stop; I'll... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Starkman, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Starkman Win User

How to stop Windows from updating my video driver!

Greetings all,

Windows 10
    Ver 1607
    OS Build 14393.693

Windows insists on updating my NVidia graphic driver. I'd REALLY like this to stop; I'll decide when I want to update my video driver, thank you!

I've rolled back the driver, but, inevitably, Windows will update it again, sooner than later. I've hidden the driver so that Windows will not reinstall it, but that only lasts a while.

Any ideas how to make Windows stop this?

Thanks,

:)

Starkman, Feb 16, 2017

2. How to stop win 10 updating the video driver. I have the correct driver loaded.

Hi,

For further assistance regarding your video card driver concern, you may refer to the response of periwinkle_28 found in this thread by clicking this

link

Let us know how it goes.

Renaldo cru, Feb 16, 2017
  3. How to stop win 10 updating the video driver. I have the correct driver loaded.

For my CAD software I have loaded the correct nvidia driver as recommended by the software developer.

Software works well with the software recommended video driver.

Win 10 keeps updating it to what Microsoft think is correct, and I loose functionality.

Various windows and other items do not show with the win 10 selected driver.

Lost hours now reloading the correct driver every day.

Will still like to load security updates and other updates.

How do I get update selection like I used to in win7, where I just didn't select that driver, and ticked the box not to show future updates for video?

John C

johncr055ley, Feb 16, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

5. Starkman Win User
    Starkman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to stop Windows from updating my video driver! - Similar Threads - stop updating video

2. How to stop Windows Update from screwing with my graphics drivers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop Windows Update from screwing with my graphics drivers?: So, we have a home built machine running Windows 10 64bit and a AMD Radeon RX 580 Graphics Card. Now we have a problem, where a Windows update keeps updating the graphics card drivers to not up to date ones which causes our games to crash, our ADM Adrenalin edition software...
  3. How to stop Windows Update from screwing with my graphics drivers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop Windows Update from screwing with my graphics drivers?: So, we have a home built machine running Windows 10 64bit and a AMD Radeon RX 580 Graphics Card. Now we have a problem, where a Windows update keeps updating the graphics card drivers to not up to date ones which causes our games to crash, our ADM Adrenalin edition software...
  4. How to stop Windows Update from screwing with my graphics drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to stop windows update from installing driver updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop windows update from installing driver updates: I have ASUS Vivobook 16X OLED with AMD Ryzen 7 500H and Radeon built in graphic driver. I've faced an issue with screen flickering which is caused by an outdated graphics software, and AMD recently released an update which solved the issue. Now windows updated forces me to...
  6. How to stop windows update from installing driver updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop windows update from installing driver updates: I have ASUS Vivobook 16X OLED with AMD Ryzen 7 500H and Radeon built in graphic driver. I've faced an issue with screen flickering which is caused by an outdated graphics software, and AMD recently released an update which solved the issue. Now windows updated forces me to...
  7. How to stop windows from updating drivers?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to stop windows from updating drivers?: Before any generic response comes to annoy me even more than windows's **** update policy, i have selected "no" in device installation settings. Nothing happened. I have disabled anything related to windows update handling drivers in the registry, nothing happened. At the...
  8. How to stop Windows from older driver updates.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to stop Windows from older driver updates.: Hello, I am running the latest W10 build version 1909 with all updates. On one of my laptops with an AMD Vega 3 GPU. Everytime I update the driver to an newer version than 26.20.12037.1000 Windows update reverses me to the version mentioned here. This is rather annoying....
  9. How to stop windows update from changing my drivers?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to stop windows update from changing my drivers?: Hi, I have a Asus UX433FN and the generic audio driver from windows update is bad and I don't want it. I blocked the automatic driver download both in the settings and in the registry to stop windows update from screwing my driver. I found a realtek audio driver online...
  10. Need to Stop Windows from updating video driver

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Need to Stop Windows from updating video driver: Hello all, Is there a way to stop Windows 10 from updating my video driver? Thanks much. 101752

Users found this page by searching for:

1. whea_uncorrectable_error asus ux490UA