Windows 10: How to Stop Windows Update from re-installing the touchpad driver

Discus and support How to Stop Windows Update from re-installing the touchpad driver in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hey guys I am new to Windows 10 Pro and I am having an issue with my Touchpad driver, it seems to want to mess up and not move to where I need it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by techtitan100, Aug 20, 2015.

1. How to Stop Windows Update from re-installing the touchpad driver

Hey guys I am new to Windows 10 Pro and I am having an issue with my Touchpad driver, it seems to want to mess up and not move to where I need it to go, so I uninstalled it from the Programs and Features menu, but my issue is it keeps popping back up in Windows Update and installing on its own, I don't want the driver for it as it doesn't function correctly with it installed it works great when its not installed so how can I hide it thanks for any suggestion

:)

techtitan100, Aug 20, 2015
  2. msmiira Win User

Scroll Bar not working after update to Windows 10

I updated to Window 10 yesterday and the scroll bar on the touchpad stopped working.

I have tried re-installing the driver from the manufacturer's website but apparently there's a newer version already installed, which is not working.

What do I do?

msmiira, Aug 20, 2015
  3. After update keyboard not working(KERNEL PNP)

I also have the Sony AR61M laptop.

In my case it was the automatically updated mouse driver (synaptic touchpad) that stopped the keyboard from working.

Using a cheap usb keyboard, I could roll back the synaptic driver, and thus restore the standard PS2 mouse driver that windows 10 already had installed.

How to Change Device Installation Settings in Windows 10

shows how to stop windows 10 from automatically updating your drivers.

Mind you, it will stop all driver updates.

JohnSpiegels, Aug 20, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

How to Stop Windows Update from re-installing the touchpad driver

Brink, Aug 20, 2015
Thema:

How to Stop Windows Update from re-installing the touchpad driver

1. How to Stop Windows Update from re-installing the touchpad driver - Similar Threads - Stop Update installing

2. How to stop windows update from installing driver updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop windows update from installing driver updates: I have ASUS Vivobook 16X OLED with AMD Ryzen 7 500H and Radeon built in graphic driver. I've faced an issue with screen flickering which is caused by an outdated graphics software, and AMD recently released an update which solved the issue. Now windows updated forces me to...
  3. How to stop windows update from installing driver updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop windows update from installing driver updates: I have ASUS Vivobook 16X OLED with AMD Ryzen 7 500H and Radeon built in graphic driver. I've faced an issue with screen flickering which is caused by an outdated graphics software, and AMD recently released an update which solved the issue. Now windows updated forces me to...
  4. How do I stop Windows 10 from re-installing drivers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I stop Windows 10 from re-installing drivers?: I recently upgraded to version 20H2 but I didn't like it and downgraded to 2004 but I still can't uninstall my drivers. I am trying to uninstall my Standard PS/2 driver because I spilt water on my laptop keyboard. I tried using gpedit but it didn't work. I also tried...
  5. How do I stop my touchpad driver from updating automatically?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I stop my touchpad driver from updating automatically?: The latest driver seems to disable double-finger scrolling on my laptop and I have successfully re-installed the older version in the past only for the newer version to overwrite the older and cause the scrolling problem all over again. Can't find any option on the search...
  6. How to stop Windows Update from autodownloading/installing drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to stop Windows Update from autodownloading/installing drivers?: Hello, Does anyone know how I can stop Windows Updates from automatically downloading and installing device drivers? I've used several registry hacks and the wushowhide.diagcab; however, so far, it doesn't seem to have worked. Windows Update insists on automatically...
  7. How to stop windows from updating drivers?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to stop windows from updating drivers?: Before any generic response comes to annoy me even more than windows's **** update policy, i have selected "no" in device installation settings. Nothing happened. I have disabled anything related to windows update handling drivers in the registry, nothing happened. At the...
  8. how to stop windows 10 update from re-installing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    how to stop windows 10 update from re-installing: Hi, Can you tell me how to stop certain windows 10 update from re-installing. I have HP zbook G5 with docking station, after windows doing the update, sometimes when I press power button from docking station, for some reason the notebook doesn't start up, so I have to...
  9. How to Prevent from re-install updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to Prevent from re-install updates: Hi, I want to uninstall last AU Update (ver. 105) because it takes too long restarting Windows (from 46s to over 1min. 6s), but I believe Windows will at once re-install the Update. How to prevent this? Thank you. 63091
  10. How To Stop Windows Update Installing Driver?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How To Stop Windows Update Installing Driver?: Windows 10 keeps installing the ASUS Smart Gesture touchpad driver on my laptop. The driver is garbage and it runs three memory resident processes, which seems rather excessive for a touchpad driver. The default Windows touchpad driver works perfectly well, so I want to use...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stop synaptic mouse driver from reinstalling