Windows 10: How to supress App notifications switch after software uninstall

Discus and support How to supress App notifications switch after software uninstall in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I'm a newbie on this forum, and very keen to learn from you guys. I returned to a win/pc environment after 10 years using mac only. So... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Blueskip, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Blueskip Win User

How to supress App notifications switch after software uninstall

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie on this forum, and very keen to learn from you guys.
    I returned to a win/pc environment after 10 years using mac only. So far so good as I find windows 10 very straight forward.

I have a question regarding the applications notifications.
    In parameter/system/notification/notification from application I can see a list of switches to enable or disable notifications upon the desired application. I understand the purpose of this list.

I recently installed a tiny software called "Seer" which is intended to create a quick preview of several files types (eg a .jpg) using a tap on the space bar. I used it a bit, didn't like it enough to keep it so I uninstalled it. When I go to my program list, I can see that it has been removed.

Now, when I go to the notification list, I can still see a switch named "seer", although I know the software is no longer in my computer. Flicking the switch obviously doesn't change anything.

My question is: how to remove this unwanted / unused switch from the switch list in the application notification panel?
    It seems to me that there is somewhere a residual piece of software that I should get rid of.

Your help will be very appreciated,
    Cheers,

:)

Blueskip, Aug 24, 2016

2. how do I get rid of push notifications in windows 10

Hi,

Thanks for the update.

After disabling the app notifications in settings, do they switch-on again?

If you have not checked this, please disable the app notifications and check if it automatically switch on.

Reference:

How to use notifications in Windows 10:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-hk/windows-10/how-to-use-notifications-in-windows-10

Change notification settings in action center:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-notification-settings-in-action-center

You may also install all the pending updates to check if it helps.

Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

You may check the above scenario and get back with the results.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Aug 24, 2016
  3. win8.1/win10/black screen. Just after booting, I receive a black screen 3 or 4 sec and finally the normal bootprocess?

Has anyone this problem : just after booting, I receive a black screen 3 or 4 sec and finally the normal bootprocess? Is it possible to supress this failure and how?

jacques louis de coulon, Aug 24, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, I suggest this:
    1. reinstall Seer.
    2. uninstall it with either
    Revo uninstaller
    or
    Geek uninstaller
    (you'll need to download and install these- free)
    Using whichever of those you prefer (I like Geek uninstaller and routinely use it for straightforward uninstalls) uninstall Seer. They will then perform a scan for leftovers.

Hopefully that will clean up the notification list.

Easier than try to search the registry and find program leftovers!

You may be one of the few who find Win 10 straightforward- I'd have thought it a shock coming from a Mac..

dalchina, Aug 25, 2016
  5. Blueskip Win User
    Hi Dalchina,

thanks the the quick reply.
    I tried with geek uninstaller and it did a good job removing it from the notification panel - the one I access thru windows button/ parameters / system / notifications and actions.

However I realised there is another panel where I can still see traces of this program. It is is windows button / parameters / customization / task bar / notification area / select the icon to display in the notification area.
    The seer switch is still in that second panel.
    It makes me notice that I also have a residual switch here from Avast, although I did uninstall it.

Thanks for the tip, I would be curious to know what are the options at this point. Not a big deal as it doesn't prevent me to do anything I want, but I'm the type of person who wants to understand and learn,

many thanks,
    cheers,

Blueskip, Aug 25, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Well, it depends on the program's registry entries as to what is traceable.
    You can try the same with Revo uninstaller and see if that picks it up.
    Revo Pro can also track an install, then use its record to completely uninstall.
    Note- perhaps not recommended for antivirus programs- best look for their manual uninstallers.

Beyond that, you can try manually- e.g. Regscanner for searching the registry conveniently (free).
    And a 3rd party search tool for files and folders like Ultrasearch. Both free.

dalchina, Aug 25, 2016
  7. Blueskip Win User
    Hi Dalchina,

I used the Avast uninstaller and it did remove avast, but the notification switches are still there.
    Revo did not remove the last switch for seer, unfortunately.

I will install regscanner to see how it looks like but I have to admit I feel uncertain about what I'm supposed to do when considering altering the registry. More risk to mess up that to fix?

cheers,

Blueskip, Aug 26, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

You can create a restore point before changing the registry- if you can find relevant keys or data - and export keys before changing or deleting them - or back up the whole registry.

dalchina, Aug 26, 2016
  9. Blueskip Win User
    Hi Dalchina,

I used the Revo uninstaller software monitoring feature to track down the different items altered by the installs.
    Some items were left over and I did a regedit to delete them manually.
    Ultimately I reloaded the Appdb registry key and restarted the explorer process.
    Ultimately I rebooted and this fixed the app list in the notification panel, whohoo!

This wasn't really easy, so thanks for your help, very appreciated.

kind regards,

Blueskip, Aug 28, 2016
  10. dalchina New Member
    Glad you got it sorted.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to supress App notifications switch after software uninstall - Similar Threads - supress App notifications

2. Switching apps when closing notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching apps when closing notifications: It seems like every time I click on the "X" or "Dismiss" to close a notification it switches from whatever application I'm in to the browser. How do I close a notification without switching applications?...
  3. Clean Up Notification Items for Uninstalled Software

in Windows 10 Support
    Clean Up Notification Items for Uninstalled Software: Is there any way to clean up, as in delete, entries in the Notification Settings for software that has been uninstalled. Third item in the list, SyncBackPro has been uninstalled, yet still shows up in the list, with a "generic" icon no less, so Windows must know its gone. Was...
  4. How to Uninstall Completely softwares

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Uninstall Completely softwares: [ATTACH] I use Your Uninstaller software but I still find some folders of uninstalled softwares in AppData/Local. For example, Marmoset Toolbag3, Quixel. Can I delete these folders?...
  5. Will the software uninstall after a factory reset?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will the software uninstall after a factory reset?: When resetting my Windows 10 laptop, and choosing to remove all of the files off of the laptop, will Windows 10 itself be removed? Sorry if my question is unclear. submitted by /u/mclanegamesyt [link] [comments]...
  6. uninstall programmes/software/ apps etc

in Windows 10 Customization
    uninstall programmes/software/ apps etc: I am endeavouring to uninstall unwanted programmes etc from my laptop. I follow the instructions on PROGRAMS AND FEATURES - UNINSTALL OR CHANGE A PROGRAMME. All goes well I hit the uninstall button when up pops a message saying ' Please wait until the current program has...
  7. Installing a software after uninstalling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing a software after uninstalling: Hi, I have a problem with installing a program I recently uninstalled. I was installing the update of the program then I get the error: 'An error -5005 : 0x80070002 has occurred while running the setup. Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other...
  8. How to Uninstall Software Program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Uninstall Software Program: How do you uninstall a pesky third party software program in Windows 10? The program came with the PC; clicked on it to see what it was about and unfortunately could not uninstall it. When we tried to uninstall it, the program's Install Wizard Shield appeared; selected...
  9. how to completely uninstall a software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to completely uninstall a software: I installed a software two days ago. Now I wish to uninstall it completely and want my PC to be in the state as it was before installing it. A simple uninstall may leave some of the backdoor components installed by this software. Unfortunately, Windows 10 has System Restore...
  10. How to delete driver software after uninstalling device.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to delete driver software after uninstalling device.: I am trying to remove the drivers from a device that I am uninstalling but the "Delete the driver software for this device" box to check off is missing. When I go to reinstall the device windows automatically reinstalls the old drivers that do not work. Any idea how I can get...