Windows 10: How to switch off the monitor at the same time as the computer

Discus and support How to switch off the monitor at the same time as the computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello sorry to say this is not related to windows but is has been bugging me for a long time and I think there is no harm in asking, maybe someone has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gremar, Dec 15, 2016.

1. gremar Win User

How to switch off the monitor at the same time as the computer

Hello sorry to say this is not related to windows but is has been bugging me for a long time and I think there is no harm in asking, maybe someone has the same issue.
    My monitor is a Dell Ultra Sharp U2414H and has touch buttons, which have poor sensitivity, to turn it off I need several attempts, I could just leave it on since the monitor doesn’t consume much power, however my monitor is fitted with a sound bar and it has a bright light which goes off only when I turn off the monitor.
    The question is, is there any method/programme to make the monitor turn off when I switch off the computer?
    Thank you.

:)

gremar, Dec 15, 2016

2. Every USB device switches off at the same time then reconnects

Hi Joe,

To help you with this issue, we recommend performing the following steps in turning off USB selective suspend:

• Type Power Options in the search field and select it from the list.
    • Click Change plan setting on your chosen plan.
    • Click Change advanced power setting on your chosen plan.
    • Find USB settings and open.
    • Find USB selective suspend setting and change it to disabled.

Let us know if it addressed your concern.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Dec 15, 2016
  3. Every USB device switches off at the same time then reconnects

This has only happened twice, but couple of days ago and just now all of my devices connected via USB like Mouse, Keyboard, WiFi USB etc. have for some reason disconnected in sync then reconnected a second later.

Weirdly though as i'm connected to my WiFi through USB there was a pause, i was speaking to people on the Xbox App and suddenly they all stopped speaking and finally after waiting 5 seconds everything eventually disconnected then reconnected, it's like it
    stopped working before it had even switched off. Does anybody have an idea what this might be?

Joe Boughton, Dec 15, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member
  5. MCK
    mck Win User
    Are you shutting down your PC when you want to power your monitor off? If so, then the cheapest way is to just plug both into a power strip (which they probably are already) and switch the power strip off manually after shutdown completes.

6. gremar Win User
    Thanks i didn't even know that sort of thing exist, but definitely i will consider it since its cheap.
    THANK YOU

gremar, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to switch off the monitor at the same time as the computer

1. How to switch off the monitor at the same time as the computer - Similar Threads - switch off monitor

2. Monitors Disconnect at the Same Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors Disconnect at the Same Time: I have two monitors connected to my PC and they have been randomly disconecting at the same time. The monitors still work fine when I plug my Xbox and Switch into it and the wires connecting them work when I use them with my Xbox and Switch.I have tried swapping the cables on...
  3. Monitors Disconnect at the Same Time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitors Disconnect at the Same Time: I have two monitors connected to my PC and they have been randomly disconecting at the same time. The monitors still work fine when I plug my Xbox and Switch into it and the wires connecting them work when I use them with my Xbox and Switch.I have tried swapping the cables on...
  4. Monitors Disconnect at the Same Time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. how to set my sleep time the same as monitors off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to set my sleep time the same as monitors off: see my question!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-my-sleep-time-the-same-as-monitors-off/b8255ed4-1807-4f6e-b7f4-f5339bc4478c
  6. how to set my sleep time the same as monitors off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to set my sleep time the same as monitors off: see my question!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-my-sleep-time-the-same-as-monitors-off/b8255ed4-1807-4f6e-b7f4-f5339bc4478c
  7. How to make computer turn on at the same time than monitor?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to make computer turn on at the same time than monitor?: Hi! I would like to know if there is a way Windows utilities, external tools... to make my computer turn on at the same time than my monitor when I press the power button on the monitor. Thank you in advance! Stephanie...
  8. Firewall Is On and Off at the Same Time!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewall Is On and Off at the Same Time!: Windows starts with all firewall indications being on. After a few minutes it reports that it is off in the system tray and in Windows Security, but reports on in services.msc and Control Panel. I think it's really on because if I reset the firewall defaults and then try to...
  9. monitor switches off on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    monitor switches off on startup: After updates the computer switches OFF the monitor on startup. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-switches-off-on-startup/ec15c7e7-1fb1-4586-9164-6c64e471c3c9
  10. Monitor Will Not Switch Off...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Will Not Switch Off...: Hey guys, I'm running Windows 10 Pro and I've set my monitor to turn off after 10minutes in "Power saving" but it doesn't turn off. It stays on all night... Anyone know what I can do? Thanks! 70214