Windows 10: How to switch to WPA2 in Windows 10?

Discus and support How to switch to WPA2 in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm using Windows 10. My current WiFi settings are: Network and sharing center >Connections: WIFi (SSID name) >Wireless properties >Security>... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sasho, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Sasho Win User

How to switch to WPA2 in Windows 10?

I'm using Windows 10. My current WiFi settings are:
    Network and sharing center >Connections: WIFi (SSID name) >Wireless properties >Security>
    Security type: WPA personal
    Encryption type: AES

I want to switch to WPA2 personal. When I switch it in the drop down menu the network security key disappears, I reenter it, click OK, after a while the network disconnects, I reconnect and the result is that the network still shows up as WPA - after many attempts and restarts. Same thing happens on a laptop with Windows XP.

Here are the Network properties
    SSID: ........
    Protocol: 802.11n
    Security type: WPA-Personal
    IPv4 address: 192.168.1.5
    IPv4 DNS Servers: 192.168.1.1
    Manufacturer: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
    Description: Realtek RTL8723BE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC
    Driver version: 2023.4.720.2015
    Physical address: ‎74-29-AF-92-82-57

Thank you in advance.

:)

Sasho, Jul 26, 2016

2. Error code 0x800704CF when i try to download app from windows 10 store..what is solution??

I'd like some feedback on the Windows Store reporting an error with the hex address 0x800704CF.

I've followed this thread and performed suggested operations save for the proxy fix as I'm not using a proxy.

My problem with the Windows store on this particular laptop still persists.

I'd appreciate some help.

Thank You!

About-to-switch-to-Linux, Jul 26, 2016
  3. how to do Win User
    HELP!! - Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I'm now running Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7 & I have the same continuous problem with the update

• Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I tried your Method 1 to fix it which said changes have been made to my computer & to try & update again which failed.. again & the same message above came up again. My laptop is secure as I run Norton 360, so what should I do next to try & fix this problem?
    My laptop is a Toshiba satellite L650.

Thank you

David

how to do, Jul 26, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

I can't answer your question, but tell you, you need to delete or x out your ip adresses(see the quote above I used) for security reasons when posting.

Exert for: How To Protect Your IP Address | Malwarebytes Labs

Cliff S, Jul 26, 2016
  5. Phone Man Win User
    You have to log into your router and chance the settings for WiFi .

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Jul 26, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    100% correct. The security setting is set by the router/access point - Windows 10 only uses what the router/access point dictates that it has to.

Not if they are 192.168.1.xxx addresses. Those are just local LAN addresses on the LAN side of his/her network. I will tell you the LAN side of my router is 192.168.1.1. I have three hubs/extenders that are 192.168.1.2 - 4. My main desktop computer is permanently assigned 192.168.1.10. My NAS is permanently 192.168.1.15.

NavyLCDR, Jul 26, 2016
  7. Mystere Win User
    Ummm... those are internal 192.168.x.x addresses, they are useless to anyone, so no point in that.

Mystere, Jul 26, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

Neener, neener ---- beat you to it again! ;-) Great minds think alike though!

NavyLCDR, Jul 26, 2016
  9. Yups login to your Router.. and change to Security to whatever you want..
    your computer doesn't decide the Encryption ,.. your Router Does...

manish9009, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to switch to WPA2 in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - switch WPA2

2. How can I switch or swap my left and right Alt keys functions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I switch or swap my left and right Alt keys functions.: Hi there. I want to switch or swap my left and right Alt keys functions. Screen orientation is Right Alt key plus Arrows and to go back or forward is Left Alt key plus arrows. I want my Right Alt key to help me navigate the pages and Left Alt key for screen orientation. How...
  3. How can I switch or swap my left and right Alt keys functions.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I switch or swap my left and right Alt keys functions.: Hi there. I want to switch or swap my left and right Alt keys functions. Screen orientation is Right Alt key plus Arrows and to go back or forward is Left Alt key plus arrows. I want my Right Alt key to help me navigate the pages and Left Alt key for screen orientation. How...
  4. Switched Mobo and CPU and PC keeps freezing/blue screening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Switched Mobo and CPU and PC keeps freezing/blue screening: I just switched my pc from an ASUS ROG Strix Z370f Gaming motherboard and 8700k to an MSI MPG Z690 EDGE Wi-Fi motherboard and 13700k. The computer posts just fine, but will freeze or blue screen after no more than 10 minutes. I have tried reactivating windows, updating...
  5. Switched Mobo and CPU and PC keeps freezing/blue screening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switched Mobo and CPU and PC keeps freezing/blue screening: I just switched my pc from an ASUS ROG Strix Z370f Gaming motherboard and 8700k to an MSI MPG Z690 EDGE Wi-Fi motherboard and 13700k. The computer posts just fine, but will freeze or blue screen after no more than 10 minutes. I have tried reactivating windows, updating...
  6. Switched Mobo and CPU and PC keeps freezing/blue screening

7. Help me fix Attempted Switch From Dpc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help me fix Attempted Switch From Dpc: Hello. I got the same bsod stop code as Jari. But its acer. I got memory management stop code too. I will say that can you tell me how to fix it? Thank you....
  8. Help me fix Attempted Switch From Dpc

Help me fix Attempted Switch From Dpc: Hello. I got the same bsod stop code as Jari. But its acer. I got memory management stop code too. I will say that can you tell me how to fix it? Thank you....
  9. Help me fix Attempted Switch From Dpc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Is there a way to save monitor display settings and save as a shortcut to easily switch...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to save monitor display settings and save as a shortcut to easily switch...: I have two external monitors connected to my laptop. While I am sitting at my desk, screen 1 is on the left, screen 2 is on the right. But I can turn the monitors in a different orientation to use with my treadmill desk. When they turned towards the treadmill, screen 1 is now...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. switch wireless to wpa2

2. how to change to WPA2 in windows 10