Windows 10: How to sync recent files in File Explorer on i.e home network

Discus and support How to sync recent files in File Explorer on i.e home network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am wondering if there is any way to sync my recently opened files in Windows 10 File Explorer across multiple PC's running Windows 10 in i.e... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TheRene, Jul 9, 2016.

1. TheRene Win User

How to sync recent files in File Explorer on i.e home network

Hi,

I am wondering if there is any way to sync my recently opened files in Windows 10 File Explorer across multiple PC's running Windows 10 in i.e home network or other methods. Any feedback and ideas is very much appreciated.

Thank you.

:)

TheRene, Jul 9, 2016

2. FYI: Issue/Bug: Can not rely on WP to sync all videos to Skydrive

And 1 more addition ... now ready to sync using file Explorer ... so running the actual merge now ... just to be sure.

The files are not exactly the same by the bit ... i.e. file Explorer prompts the file downloaded from Skydrive are lager (i.e. 1,78 mb) than the same picture on the phone (also 1,78 mb) ... so basicly a "bit" bigger.

But the important thing there a difference that needs to maintained manually ... i.e. adds to the complexity of sync'ing files across devices.

Computermensch, Jul 9, 2016
  3. File Explorer crashes on Quick Access Recent files item

Not a very good solution though is it - recent files is very useful and once you've started using it in earnest, it's instantly missed.

The screen scaling tie in does seem to be a bit of a red herring.

BTW - an interesting side note. Clearing recent items in File Explorer doesn't clear the recent items files you have in Outlook 2016, i.e. if you to go attach an file, there is still a list of recent files. Disable recent files in File Explorer and you still
    get a recent files list in Outlook. Sounds like two lists are maintained?? The two definitely work together. Save (say) a picture from Edge and it appears in File Explorer recent files and Outlook recent files.

I'm going to hazard a guess that the crash occurs when File Explorer attempts to query the file to determine it's contents - for example, to display a thumbnail if you're in "Large icons" view.

Rob Nicholson (Home), Jul 9, 2016
  4. How to sync recent files in File Explorer on i.e home network

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 9, 2016
  5. TheRene Win User
    I'm not sure how OneDrive would help with my question, or maybe I was not clear enough. I use OneDrive to sync my files, that's a whole other topic.

What I would like to do is have my recently opened files (the ones you see if you open explorer (or Win+E)) under "Recent files" to sync on my other computers. This would be helpful to continue where you left off, for instance watching a TV show or continue with other work. I'm guessing this will be problematic, due to the files might not exist on all PC's.

Any ideas anyone?

TheRene, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to sync recent files in File Explorer on i.e home network

1. How to sync recent files in File Explorer on i.e home network - Similar Threads - sync recent files

2. Windows 11: VSDX files do not show in Recent files in the file explorer's Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: VSDX files do not show in Recent files in the file explorer's Home: The Home tab in the file explorer has a Recent Files list that included my .VSDX Visio files. After upgrade to Windows 11 these files are no longer in the list. I have added them to My Favorites to bypass this inconvenience but now I have to do that with every Visio file that...
  3. Windows 11: VSDX files do not show in Recent files in the file explorer's Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11: VSDX files do not show in Recent files in the file explorer's Home: The Home tab in the file explorer has a Recent Files list that included my .VSDX Visio files. After upgrade to Windows 11 these files are no longer in the list. I have added them to My Favorites to bypass this inconvenience but now I have to do that with every Visio file that...
  4. File Explore Recent Files Are Showing File I Have Not Accessed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explore Recent Files Are Showing File I Have Not Accessed: Hello.In File Explore, under Recent, it is listing files that I have not opened/moved/touched. It shows a time stamp of now or a few minutes ago. The files are on OneDrive. I am not sharing my OneDrive with anybody. They are Word and Excel documents. I have not opened either...
  5. File Explore Recent Files Are Showing File I Have Not Accessed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explore Recent Files Are Showing File I Have Not Accessed: Hello.In File Explore, under Recent, it is listing files that I have not opened/moved/touched. It shows a time stamp of now or a few minutes ago. The files are on OneDrive. I am not sharing my OneDrive with anybody. They are Word and Excel documents. I have not opened either...
  6. Recent Files/Locations in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recent Files/Locations in File Explorer: Hi guys, I am not sure who made the decision at Microsoft to remove the recent file/locations from file explorer in Windows 10 but it was a terrible idea. I have searched how to apply this but I can't seem to get it to work, including the link below. I work for a large...
  7. File Explorer will not show "recent files"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer will not show "recent files": I have had this problem: that File Explorer will not show "recent files" on Windows 10 for a long time. I have Googled and searched for answers on here and elsewhere and cannot find a solution. I know it's supposed to show these files. How can I fix this?...
  8. How to sync files between home computers?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to sync files between home computers?: I have two computers at home, they are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Is there a way to automatically sync files between these two computers? I want to continue the work with the file I started on the other machine....
  9. Syncing files over home network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Syncing files over home network.: Yesterday I added a second computer to my home network. The old computer is Windows 7, the new Windows 10. I've successfully copied My Documents to the new computer. Both have MS Office, 2007 on the old and 2019 on the new. What I'd like is for new saves with changes I make...
  10. File Explorer and Recent Files

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer and Recent Files: At work, I'll open files on a network path that is only accessible at work, e.g. \\mywork.org\shares\file.xyz These files will appear in my recent list when opening File Explorer (Win+E). The problem I have is at home where that network path is not accessible, and the...