Windows 10: How to Synch. Outlook 2010 Mail & Contacts with Microsoft Account?

Discus and support How to Synch. Outlook 2010 Mail & Contacts with Microsoft Account? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I keep contact details in my Microsoft account (at Sign in to your Microsoft account). I've been using Outlook 2010 with the Microsoft Outlook Hotmail... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Steve C, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Steve C Win User

How to Synch. Outlook 2010 Mail & Contacts with Microsoft Account?

I keep contact details in my Microsoft account (at Sign in to your Microsoft account). I've been using Outlook 2010 with the Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Connector and this used to synchronise my contacts fine.

However, for a while now, I've noticed mail synchronisation errors and I've had to configure my Microsoft mail account to use the standard IMAP settings (not via the Hotmail connector).

However, this method no longer synchronises my contacts. How do you configure the mail and contact settings in Outlook 2010 to synchronise both mail and contacts in Outlook 2010 with my Microsoft account?

:)

Steve C, Sep 13, 2016

2. NOS 2.1 - Outlook sync issue

Can anyone please share how do you enable the manual synching of calendar and to do entries between PC Suite 7.1 with Outlook 2010 Beta x64?

My PC suite version is 7.1.40.1

My error is "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fullfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client."

Outlook 2010 64-bit is up and running.

levisph---01, Sep 13, 2016
  3. Tony T. Win User
    Outlook Contacts fields sync

Tony T., Sep 13, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

I solved it! One complication was that my Microsoft email address is personalised and doesn't end in .outlook.com. The procedure is:

• Uninstall the Outlook Hotmail Connector since this no longer works.
    • If your MS Outlook email address doesn't end in .outlook.com then you need to create an email alias online in your MS account which does end in .outlook.com
    • Add a new account using the account wizard using your MS Outlook email address ending in .outlook.com (which can be an alias)
    • The account should configure quite quickly. You then have to restart Outlook 2010 and it will download and synchronise all emails, contacts etc.

Steve C, Sep 13, 2016
Thema:

1. How to Synch. Outlook 2010 Mail & Contacts with Microsoft Account? - Similar Threads - Synch Outlook 2010

2. copy outlook settings, accounts, contacts etc from 2010 to 2016/2019

in Microsoft Office and 365
    copy outlook settings, accounts, contacts etc from 2010 to 2016/2019: Hi folks Easy way to copy your whole kybosh from Outlook 2010 to Outlook 2016/2019 on another computer. Simply using the export facility just copies the mail items - the reg method copies everything (except passwords which you will have to re-enter). (On the same computer...
  3. mail account with outlook

in Browsers and Email
    mail account with outlook: I keep seeding this message, “An encrypted connection to your mail services is not available” when I try to set up an email account. I have windows 10 and Outlook 2010. I’m to the point where I don’t believe that outlook can handle making an email account. Is there some other...
  4. mail account with outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mail account with outlook: I keep seeding this message, “An encrypted connection to your mail services is not available” when I try to set up an email account. I have windows 10 and Outlook 2010. I’m to the point where I don’t believe that outlook can handle making an email account. Is there some other...
  5. Import contacts from outlook 2010 to outlook 10. How do i do that?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Import contacts from outlook 2010 to outlook 10. How do i do that?: Hi! I just bought a surface pro and i want to get my contacts imported from outlook 2010 to outlook 10. How do i do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/import-contacts-from-outlook-2010-to-outlook-10/f3b36727-888a-460d-b583-bc7c17eaa035"
  6. Microsoft Outlook 2010

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Outlook 2010: Hi, Everytime I click on a link in an email I get the following message: "This operation has been cancelled due to due to restriction in effect on this computer. pleas e contact your administrator" The only administrator is me as this is a home laptop. I have tried...
  7. Microsoft Outlook 2010 problem

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Microsoft Outlook 2010 problem: I am constantly getting a request to enter my username and password when trying to use Outlook 2010. Even after entering what I think is the correct password, (I have tried others just in case I have got it wrong but I am pretty certain I am not wrong) I still get the...
  8. old Outlook account & contacts

in Browsers and Email
    old Outlook account & contacts: Hello, I recently deleted a very old account in my co-worker's Outlook. There were no emails in the folder, and I thought it was safe to delete because it hasnt' been used in years. However, it seems that when I deleted this account it also deleted all her contacts! I would...
  9. Synching Mail with Gmail

in Browsers and Email
    Synching Mail with Gmail: Added my gmail account to mail and mostly it works. But, some synching issues: 1. When first starting mail, it takes far too long to first sync inbox, even manually - like 1 min, even though settings are set to sync as mail arrives. It is quicker to go on the net and open...
  10. Need Outlook 2010 to work or get Mail & Cal to import contacts

in Browsers and Email
    Need Outlook 2010 to work or get Mail & Cal to import contacts: I am only using a Windows 10 system because my Windows 7 computer is sketchy and I need a reliable PC to work. I have Windows 10 up and running on a very fast system with a nice big new monitor. Migrating email to this PC is absolute hell. I can get Outlook 2010 setup with...