Windows 10: How to Synch. Outlook 2010 Mail & Contacts with Microsoft Account?

Discus and support How to Synch. Outlook 2010 Mail & Contacts with Microsoft Account? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I keep contact details in my Microsoft account (at Sign in to your Microsoft account). I've been using Outlook 2010 with the Microsoft Outlook Hotmail... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Steve C, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Steve C Win User

How to Synch. Outlook 2010 Mail & Contacts with Microsoft Account?

I keep contact details in my Microsoft account (at Sign in to your Microsoft account). I've been using Outlook 2010 with the Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Connector and this used to synchronise my contacts fine.

However, for a while now, I've noticed mail synchronisation errors and I've had to configure my Microsoft mail account to use the standard IMAP settings (not via the Hotmail connector).

However, this method no longer synchronises my contacts. How do you configure the mail and contact settings in Outlook 2010 to synchronise both mail and contacts in Outlook 2010 with my Microsoft account?

:)

Steve C, Sep 13, 2016

2. NOS 2.1 - Outlook sync issue

Can anyone please share how do you enable the manual synching of calendar and to do entries between PC Suite 7.1 with Outlook 2010 Beta x64?

My PC suite version is 7.1.40.1

My error is "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fullfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client."

Outlook 2010 64-bit is up and running.

levisph---01, Sep 13, 2016
  3. Tony T. Win User
    Outlook Contacts fields sync

Tony T., Sep 13, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

I solved it! One complication was that my Microsoft email address is personalised and doesn't end in .outlook.com. The procedure is:

• Uninstall the Outlook Hotmail Connector since this no longer works.
    • If your MS Outlook email address doesn't end in .outlook.com then you need to create an email alias online in your MS account which does end in .outlook.com
    • Add a new account using the account wizard using your MS Outlook email address ending in .outlook.com (which can be an alias)
    • The account should configure quite quickly. You then have to restart Outlook 2010 and it will download and synchronise all emails, contacts etc.

Steve C, Sep 13, 2016
Thema:

1. How to Synch. Outlook 2010 Mail & Contacts with Microsoft Account? - Similar Threads - Synch Outlook 2010

2. Mails missing from Outlook 2010

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mails missing from Outlook 2010: Hi, I am using a Microsoft Windows 10 desktop with Office 2010 ! installed on it. I noticed yesterday that a groop of mails in the Inbox pane is missing. The missing group begins from October 12 to November 7.I tried System Restore' it did not help.Will appreciate if somebody...
  3. Mails missing from Outlook 2010

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mails missing from Outlook 2010: Hi, I am using a Microsoft Windows 10 desktop with Office 2010 ! installed on it. I noticed yesterday that a groop of mails in the Inbox pane is missing. The missing group begins from October 12 to November 7.I tried System Restore' it did not help.Will appreciate if somebody...
  4. Yahoo Mail contacts into Outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yahoo Mail contacts into Outlook: Export contacts from Yahoo gives CSV no options. Import in Outlook fails. Tried re-save from excel.Really wanted "mailto:" to send to Yahoo Mail which IMAP lets me do, but need Contacts also.Is there a mail client that will access Yahoo contact list?...
  5. Yahoo Mail contacts into Outlook

Yahoo Mail contacts into Outlook: Export contacts from Yahoo gives CSV no options. Import in Outlook fails. Tried re-save from excel.Really wanted "mailto:" to send to Yahoo Mail which IMAP lets me do, but need Contacts also.Is there a mail client that will access Yahoo contact list?...
  6. Contacts synching

Contacts synching: Hi, when I changed Android phones recently, and cleared the old one ready to pass on to a friend, I deleted the contacts without realizing that it would delete them from Google completely - so I have lost the vast majority 40 accumulated years worth. Because quite a few...
  7. How to ensure Win Mail, Calendar and Contacts will synch when adding a new e-mail account

How to ensure Win Mail, Calendar and Contacts will synch when adding a new e-mail account: I have a Yahoo e-mail account through BT. I have been accustomed to using the Windows 10 mail client to access it and the associated calendar and contacts. Recently, I had to delete and re-create the account on my PC. I used the set-up process to add the account again IMAP4...
  8. Mail contacts to be moved to Outlook

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Mail contacts to be moved to Outlook: I have recently installed Office365 for my mum on her computer. She previously used the Mail app and I have installed Outlook. However, she is complaining that her contacts are not there. I have downloaded the official contacts from her email system but there are some...
  9. Microsoft Outlook 2010

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Outlook 2010: Hi, Everytime I click on a link in an email I get the following message: "This operation has been cancelled due to due to restriction in effect on this computer. pleas e contact your administrator" The only administrator is me as this is a home laptop. I have tried...
  10. Need Outlook 2010 to work or get Mail & Cal to import contacts

in Browsers and Email
    Need Outlook 2010 to work or get Mail & Cal to import contacts: I am only using a Windows 10 system because my Windows 7 computer is sketchy and I need a reliable PC to work. I have Windows 10 up and running on a very fast system with a nice big new monitor. Migrating email to this PC is absolute hell. I can get Outlook 2010 setup with...