Windows 10: How to take a backup of C Drive (Operating System) in Windows 10 Pro?

Discus and support How to take a backup of C Drive (Operating System) in Windows 10 Pro? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Please help me in taking a backup of my Operating System of Windows 10 Pro. I would like to take a backup of only Operating System and nothing else, so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Ashok Kumar Bag, Jun 2, 2017.

1. How to take a backup of C Drive (Operating System) in Windows 10 Pro?

Please help me in taking a backup of my Operating System of Windows 10 Pro. I would like to take a backup of only Operating System and nothing else, so that it takes a very small space of my Partition. I want this to recover from a state where my Desktop PC would not boot or behave normally. Also let me know how to recover my Desktop PC if I need to do so. If a Booting DVD could be created with the backup within a normal DVD size of 4.32 GB -please explain.
    Thanks in advance.
    aria

:)

Ashok Kumar Bag, Jun 2, 2017

2. Win 10 Systems Image Back Up Time Taken

How long should it take to do a "Systems Image Backup" on Win. 10 with a "C" drive that has a size of 84Gb?

JohnClarkZV, Jun 2, 2017
  3. Windows backup and restore

Hi Laurie,

It's not possible to save system image backup in root drive. What's recommended is to create a backup in an external hard drive. Operating System is in C Drive and it cannot be saved on the same Drive. It would defeat the purpose of creating an image.
    For reference on how to back up and restore your files, click here.

Should you have further questions, feel free to post on this thread.

Amylove Loy, Jun 2, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User

How to take a backup of C Drive (Operating System) in Windows 10 Pro?

A recovery drive will be roughly 16 GB.

TBH, with Windows 10 recovery drives are not that critical, as you can simply use the media creation tool to create a bootable dvd or flash drive installation drive which should fit on an 8GB flash drive, or a dvd provided you only choose a 32 or 64 bit version.

All experts here recommend using Macrium Reflect Free to create an image backup which can contain all your apps as well, and settings etc. Will take more space but a ton less hassle when recovering from a drive failure etc.

cereberus, Jun 2, 2017
Thema:

How to take a backup of C Drive (Operating System) in Windows 10 Pro?

1. How to take a backup of C Drive (Operating System) in Windows 10 Pro? - Similar Threads - backup Drive Operating

2. Why does system image backup of C drive fail in Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does system image backup of C drive fail in Windows 10 Pro?: I regularly take backup of my computer by creating system image of the C drive. I do so by going to Control Panel\System and Security\Backup and Restore and clicking the "Create a system image" link. Till date it was working fine, but once I updated from Window 7 to Windows...
  3. Why does system image backup of C drive fail in Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does system image backup of C drive fail in Windows 10 Pro?: I regularly take backup of my computer by creating system image of the C drive. I do so by going to Control Panel\System and Security\Backup and Restore and clicking the "Create a system image" link. Till date it was working fine, but once I updated from Window 7 to Windows...
  4. Why does system image backup of C drive fail in Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Backup is taking up C: Drive Space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Backup is taking up C: Drive Space: Hi,I'm on Windows 10 21H2 current 4/26/22.I use Windows Backup and Restore Windows 7 Utility to backup my system disk only. And I use Windows Explorer to copy the User directory to backup my D disk. Before I started first of two backups, I cleaned up the C drive using...
  6. Windows Backup is taking up C: Drive Space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Backup is taking up C: Drive Space: Hi,I'm on Windows 10 21H2 current 4/26/22.I use Windows Backup and Restore Windows 7 Utility to backup my system disk only. And I use Windows Explorer to copy the User directory to backup my D disk. Before I started first of two backups, I cleaned up the C drive using...
  7. Windows Backup is taking up C: Drive Space

8. Format windows 10 operating drive C:

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Format windows 10 operating drive C:: Are there a simple command from the search line in windows 10 to completely format the main C: drive for the windows os? Any informaton very welcome.Thanks....
  9. System Restore takes 9GB on Drive C:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Restore takes 9GB on Drive C:: what happen is that my DTS wasn't detecting the driver installed after i updated throughwindows update then i tried system restore now the app is functioning the way it should be but now i lost 9GB of storage in my drive C. this is how much system restore is taking....
  10. Windows 10 - Operating System Backup -

Windows 10 - Operating System Backup -: I want to backup my operating system using the following external SSD Samsung T5 Portable SSD - 500GB - USB 3.1 External SSD (MU-PA500B/AM) I would like to know if this external hard drive is ok to backup with ?...