Windows 10: how to take computer monitor off of display after installing windows 10

Discus and support how to take computer monitor off of display after installing windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how can I take my monitor off of display mode after replacing windows 7 with windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jeannineward, Aug 18, 2018.

1. how to take computer monitor off of display after installing windows 10

how can I take my monitor off of display mode after replacing windows 7 with windows 10

:)

jeannineward, Aug 18, 2018

2. Installed Windows 10, monitor display problems

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query in Microsoft forum. I will certainly help you with this issue.

Monitors can support resolutions that are lower than their native resolutions, but text won't look as sharp and the display might be small, centered on the screen, edged with black, or stretched. It is recommended to set the screen resolution of the display
    to the (Recommended) native resolution to get the best display on your monitor.

Methods 1:

Set your screen resolution needs to be at least1024x768 to have multiple windows and apps on your screen at the same time.

If this doesn't help update the display drivers.

Method 2: Update display adapter driver.

Step 1: Check for the latest driver update through Windows Updates.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.
    • When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Incompatible or not properly installed graphics card drivers are the most common cause of this issue.

Step 2: Follow the steps below to update the graphics/display drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Go to device manager.
    • Right-click your display device.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Aug 18, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 18, 2018
  4. how to take computer monitor off of display after installing windows 10

Unable to access multiple tasks using drag option on dual monitors in Windows 10

Hi Alex,

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system that might have resulted in this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall and update the display driver

Steps to uninstall the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter
      and click on Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Do the same as above steps, right click
      on the Display Adapter and click on Update Driver Software.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

If the issue still persists,

Step 3: I suggest you to remove the external monitor, re-add and check with the status.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of handling the tasks on dual monitors for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 18, 2018
Thema:

how to take computer monitor off of display after installing windows 10

1. how to take computer monitor off of display after installing windows 10 - Similar Threads - computer monitor off

2. Monitor turns off and on with no display after upgrade.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor turns off and on with no display after upgrade.: Computer case - Focus G MiniMonitor - Optix G24C4 CPU - Intel Core i7-12700KFCPU Fan - Artic Alpine 17Storage- Silicon Power Ace A55 M.2Power Supply - Antec Gold 500wGraphics Card - AMD Radeon RX 6600 XTMotherboard - MSI MAG B660M MortarMemory Modules - XPG DDR4 8gb x 2I...
  3. Monitor turns off and on with no display after upgrade.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor turns off and on with no display after upgrade.: Computer case - Focus G MiniMonitor - Optix G24C4 CPU - Intel Core i7-12700KFCPU Fan - Artic Alpine 17Storage- Silicon Power Ace A55 M.2Power Supply - Antec Gold 500wGraphics Card - AMD Radeon RX 6600 XTMotherboard - MSI MAG B660M MortarMemory Modules - XPG DDR4 8gb x 2I...
  4. Monitor turns off and on with no display after upgrade.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows won't output to display after turning monitors off

Windows won't output to display after turning monitors off: Hi there, When windows turns off my monitors currently set to 1 hour, Sleep is set to never, my computer won't output anything to my display even though it's working. If I unplug all 3 displays and plug 1 back in it will flash no input detected and the only thing that will...
  6. after install, monitor shuts off

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    after install, monitor shuts off: I went to upgrade my wife's computer from win 7 to win 10. It completed the install and when it got to the circling dots and saying getting ready, the monitor shuts off. I can't get past that. I took the HDD out of my desktop and put hers in and formatted her drive and...
  7. My computer monitor immediately turns back on after turning off with 'Turn off the display'...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer monitor immediately turns back on after turning off with 'Turn off the display'...: For clarification, I have my display to turn off after ten minutes of inactivity and usually, the monitor would go off and stay off until the mouse was moved or a key pressed. Recently I've noticed that after the ten minutes elapses, the monitor goes to turn off and then...
  8. Windows 10 Memory Diagnostics No Display After Turning Off Monitor

Windows 10 Memory Diagnostics No Display After Turning Off Monitor: Hi, I am trying to run the windows 10 Memory diagnostics on my computer to figure out if I have bad memory. I think it is bad memory because my computer randomly crashes maybe once a day or every 2 days, depending on my use. It does not BSOD, instead it immediately crashes...
  9. Monitor will not display anything after computer turns off screen for power saving.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor will not display anything after computer turns off screen for power saving.: My screen is set to the default time to turn off to save power. Just built a new computer. I used the same graphics card, monitor, mouse, and keyboard as my old computer. Unfortunately, it seems something is wrong with the new computer that causes it not to turn back on. The...
  10. How to lock computer after display turns off ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to lock computer after display turns off ?: I used to have screen-saver set as 'none' and 'on resume, display logon screen', and set the time there the same as the 'display off' option in 'power options'. And that works fine on a PC, no issues there. Now I started using a laptop, and it has different 'display off'...