Windows 10: How to take off with my name with administrator privileges

Discus and support How to take off with my name with administrator privileges in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I made a stupid mistake with my User with administrator privileges. Because every time I go to programs or install them and ask me to type a password... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by imcanadian, Oct 19, 2017.

1. How to take off with my name with administrator privileges

I made a stupid mistake with my User with administrator privileges. Because every time I go to programs or install them and ask me to type a password in before can do something. I don't want this and let me go straight to programs or install them too. I have looked for in netplwiz and don't see any like this with my user with administrator privileges like John\Administrator
    The box look like with the top word Adminstrator and in the middle box to type the password and bottom of the box with my name JOHN/Administrators. My User is John.

Also I checked in my User with Group Membership and look below

Standard User (User Group) with a black bullet in

Administrator (Administrators Group)

Other: Users -- grayed out

Your help would be appreciated to stop them from typing password every time.

John

:)

imcanadian, Oct 19, 2017

2. How do give administrator privileges to my current user profile from safe mode?

How do give administrator privileges to my current user profile from safe mode?

* Moved from Insider.

cjoelsprague, Oct 19, 2017
  3. Agaliha Win User
    How to get my pc administrator privileges back ?

TY for all your help Carlos...I want to make sure I understand correctly before proceeding....

The article said to connect the recovery drive...This would be an external drive that I would plug into the pc ?...And if this is right and since I do not have one then my only option would be to "Reset my pc" correct ? That would fix my problem ?...And
    it would not reset my pc to factory settings which came with Windows 8 and I would keep Windows 10 correct ?

Agaliha, Oct 19, 2017
  4. Gordon7 Win User

How to take off with my name with administrator privileges

Hey, you can only install programs when you use the Administrator account and login with a password!

Do you have the admin password?

Who installed Windows on your computer and who other use the computer?

Are this a private PC or a work PC?

Gordon7, Oct 19, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    Not quite. You have to log in as an administrator - it doesn't have to be the built-in Administrator account. A local user account that's in the administrators group is sufficient. Also, a local account (even if it is an administrator) can have a blank password if you wish (not great for security though).

If this is a work PC then it may be locked down to prevent you doing any of the above.

6. It's not a work PC. I did this by stupid mistake. I am getting frustrated myself every time if I go to application program or install an exe file and I have to type my password which I don't want. I know with my UAC is all the way to top for security. Is there a way to find to get the password blank after sign in or not possible.

Here is the User Account Control box look like below:

User Account Control

Do you want to allow this app
    to make changes to your device.

RR7626FU.exe ( Route_Riter application from the download)

Publisher: Unknown
    File Origin: Hard drive on this computer

Show more details

To Continue, enter an admin
    username and password

Administrator
    [ Password } that is where I type my password in the box

JOHN\Administrator
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

Now you see that what I am talking about and I don't want to type every time with a password. Can I just click the application or exe file to install straight without the admin name and password. That's what I am trying to figure how to get out with my admin name and password.

Look forward to hear from you about this.

John

imcanadian, Oct 20, 2017
  7. Bree New Member
    OK, so it appears that your PC is named JOHN, your user account was a administrator but you made it a standard user, and the Administrator account appears to be active and has a password.

You should be able to sign in as Administrator. Then you would be able to set you user account back to being an administrator. After that you won't be asked by UAC for a password (you may still see UAC under some circumstances, but you'll only need to click 'Yes').

Change Account Type in Windows 10

8. How to take off with my name with administrator privileges

Now I am stuck with the same thing with my User Account Control but can't log in because the first box is blank -- " Yes " and second box with the word " No " Now I can't sign in with this. I guess that the best thing is to Reset my desktop to factory settings (HP) which I have the recovery program to reset. Will that go away if I reset my desktop to factory settings and no more appearance with my User Account Control on desktop to access on application or exe file to download? Let me know about this.

John

imcanadian, Oct 20, 2017
  9. Went back to factory settings and now all good to use the desktop.

Thank you for your effort trying to help me with this.

John

imcanadian, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to take off with my name with administrator privileges

1. How to take off with my name with administrator privileges - Similar Threads - off name administrator

2. Administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator privileges: Hi all, my laptop states I do not have administrator privileges. I checked under settings and it has my old email address I had to change as it had been hacked.I am unable to amend the email address as when I sign in with my new email and password it asks for the PIN number...
  3. Administrator Privileges

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator Privileges: How can I get administrator privileges for my Microsoft account on my PC? I went to setting - accounts - and there is no "Family/User Options" to click on to put my microsoft user name as an administrator. I need to download apps and the PC is blocking me on some of them...
  4. Take off administrator

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Take off administrator: I just purchased a new computer with Windows 10. I have external hard drives that I plugged into the new desktop computer. When I try to move a file from a external hard drive to another drive it tells me I need Administrator permission. How do I turn off this permission when...
  5. Administrator Privileges

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator Privileges: I have been trying to get into my PC's admin account. I changed the PIN a while ago, and can't remember what it is. Is there a way to get into the administrator account without a password? I also have a kids' account on the computer I could get access to....
  6. administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Customization
    administrator privileges: when I try to play a game I get a pop up that says administrator privileges denied how do I fix this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-privileges/a834187a-1f8b-4fbe-8c69-1c8f0a33bc41
  7. Administrator privileges

Administrator privileges: I am administrator on my computer. Why do I need permission from trustedinstaller, system or any other number of groups on my computer to modify, delete or otherwise make changes to my computer?...
  8. Administrator with no privileges?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator with no privileges?: I have an administrator account on windows 10 desktop. I have a program (MySQL workbench) that was installed, uninstalled, and some months later reinstalled because after all I do want to use it. The program according to MySQL forum did not uninstall some of the old files -...
  9. administrative privileges

administrative privileges: Running Windows 10 with latest updates and am attempting to execute "netsh wlan show wlanreport" from comand prompt. I go to start menu, select command prompt, right click it, and select "run as administrator". From the resulting command prompt, I can execute various NETSH...
  10. administrator privileges...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    administrator privileges...: I have recently had problems getting certain programs to work properly (Alzip, Finale 2012 and others), and I've discovered that somewhere along the line, presumably after the last big Windows 10 upgrade, my permissions must have changed. The result of this is that I now have...