Windows 10: How to take the DEKSTOP account ? need to delete this file

Discus and support How to take the DEKSTOP account ? need to delete this file in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; please helpp !! fast respond!! how to delete these file ... HEELLLPPPPPPPPPPPPP *cry*cry*cry*cry IM JUST COLLEGE KIDS DONT KNOW ANYTHING 55216 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nonodemonic, Jul 3, 2016.

1. How to take the DEKSTOP account ? need to delete this file

please helpp !! fast respond!! how to delete these file ...
    HEELLLPPPPPPPPPPPPP *cry*cry*cry*cry IM JUST COLLEGE KIDS DONT KNOW ANYTHING

:)

Nonodemonic, Jul 3, 2016

2. "You need access to delete this file from an administrator" but I am the only administrator?

Hi Jesper,

Would you mind providing us the exact message or a screenshot of the error you are getting when trying to delete the files? Are you trying to delete a system file or a folder under the root C drive? If so, you will have to take ownership of the files and
    folders in order to make modifications. This is because system files and folders are owned by the
    TrustedInstaller.

By default, almost all system files, system folders and even registry keys in Windows 10 are owned by a special built-in user account called TrustedInstaller.

To take ownership of the files and folders:

• Right-click on the file or folder and go to Properties window. Under
      Properties, click on Security tab.
    • In the next window, you will see that you don’t have any permission to change it. In such cases, you need to take ownership of the file or folder. To do so click on
      Advanced.
    • Click on Change and enter the object name. You should type your
      Windows username as the object name, then click OK. You should then be able to see that the owner has changed.
    • Click on Replace owner on subcontainers and object and click
      Apply.
    • Once you click on Apply, you’ll see a warning message. Just click on
      Yes to proceed. Then, you will need to click OK twice.
    • Now, under the Advanced permissions, you will see a change, and you will see the option to add Multiple Objects. To add multiple objects and to inherit permission you can click on
      Change Permissions.
    • To inherit permissions, click on Enable inheritance. To add a new object, click on
      Add, and click on Select a Principal and type in the object name.
    • Now, you can enable the Basic Permission. If you want to enable advanced permission, click on
      Show advanced permissions.
    • Once you complete everything, click OK and close the window. You should be able to delete the particular folder or file.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Jul 3, 2016
  3. Bruce Hagen, Jul 3, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

How to take the DEKSTOP account ? need to delete this file

NavyLCDR, Jul 3, 2016
Thema:

How to take the DEKSTOP account ? need to delete this file

1. How to take the DEKSTOP account ? need to delete this file - Similar Threads - DEKSTOP account need

2. Dekstop problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dekstop problem: I`ve accidently put my Dekstop in D:/. Now, every file from disk D is displayed on my screen which I don`t like. How I can set my Dekstop to previous location? I know, that i gotta change it`s properties, but %USERPROFILE%\Desktop command doesn`t work and I can`t find Dekstop...
  3. accidentally deleted account. how to recover files ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    accidentally deleted account. how to recover files ?: So, I made a mistake and mistakenly deleted one of my accounts, which resulted in the loss of some crucial files. Is there any chance I can recover those files? I'm looking for help on this, and I'm open to any suggestions, otherwise I'll have to go on and produce a known...
  4. accidentally deleted account. how to recover files ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    accidentally deleted account. how to recover files ?: So, I made a mistake and mistakenly deleted one of my accounts, which resulted in the loss of some crucial files. Is there any chance I can recover those files? I'm looking for help on this, and I'm open to any suggestions, otherwise I'll have to go on and produce a known...
  5. Unknown Files Showed In My Dekstop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown Files Showed In My Dekstop: Hi, I just wanna give some question, My Dekstop is showing an Unknown File named Ver.txt. I already remove that file but, The Unknown Files its still added on My Desktop. Can someone tell me whats happening on my dekstop?...
  6. Unknown Files Showed In My Dekstop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown Files Showed In My Dekstop: Hi, I just wanna give some question, My Dekstop is showing an Unknown File named Ver.txt. I already remove that file but, The Unknown Files its still added on My Desktop. Can someone tell me whats happening on my dekstop?...
  7. Need to delete/remove an account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Need to delete/remove an account: Disregard. Solved the issue. Sorry. I wanted to delete this. 181061
  8. How To Delete A File That Says That It Needs Permission

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How To Delete A File That Says That It Needs Permission: [ATTACH] It wont allow me to delete this file. Its taking up 140 gb of space on my SSD and I need help deleting it.. And yes I looked on YouTube and nothing worked....
  9. Deleting un-needed files?

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting un-needed files?: Newbie here. Just got this new system (Win 10) last month & I'm trying to familiarize myself with it. Is the location below where I can "safely" delete un-needed files? This PC > OS (C*Smile > Users > (Name of PC) > Local Settings > Temp Many thanks...BTW--great forum. 72073
  10. *** How To Fix > Windows Takes Long Time To Delete Files ***

in Windows 10 Support
    *** How To Fix > Windows Takes Long Time To Delete Files ***: Here is the simple solution to fixing the Windows 10 taking long time to delete files and folders problem. THE PROBLEM: When you delete a big file (or folder) or lots of files in File Explorer, you notice in the popup window the green progress bar goes to 99% and then...