Windows 10: How to tell what's running on network

Discus and support How to tell what's running on network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm running Win 10 Pro 64bit AE and I've noticed that something has been down/up loading over my network at 64KB/sec for the last several hours.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rzn6jw, May 12, 2017.

1. rzn6jw Win User

How to tell what's running on network

I'm running Win 10 Pro 64bit AE and I've noticed that something has been down/up loading over my network at 64KB/sec for the last several hours. However, none of my programs that I would associate with the network - browsers, Steam, Origin, etc - were running.

I have tried to end and start each known network program but the down/up load continues until I actually disable the network adapter. I have scanned for malware and viruses but I come up clean.

Is there any way I can actually find out what program/process is doing the network activity? I have gone into the Task Manager and looked at the svchost that has the network activity but there are 21 processes/programs under that svchost and the display does not show the specific activity source.

Thanks.

:)

rzn6jw, May 12, 2017

2. nokia n95 gps help neede

can anyone please tell me how can i get the gps up and running, do i need to contact the network provider( dolphin), what are the charges?

iamitp---01, May 12, 2017
  3. Entegy Win User
    How to tell if phone is using WIFI or Network

The phone has no method of tracking cellular data usage unless your carrier either makes an app or opts into DataSense. But if the WiFi symbol is on and white, you're connected to WiFi!

Entegy, May 12, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Samuria, May 12, 2017
  5. rzn6jw Win User
    Thanks for the reply. I'll give it a shot. It looks to be a real help.

Thanks again.

rzn6jw, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to tell what's running on network - Similar Threads - tell what's running

2. can anyone tell what are these scripts running in background?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    can anyone tell what are these scripts running in background?: first it was just 1 and after 5 mins i got these 2 morealso found these running with the same spam like names and on top of that i dont have chrome on my pc...
  3. can anyone tell what are these scripts running in background?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can anyone tell what are these scripts running in background?: first it was just 1 and after 5 mins i got these 2 morealso found these running with the same spam like names and on top of that i dont have chrome on my pc...
  4. can anyone tell what are these scripts running in background?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how to tell what a paint 3D file is

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to tell what a paint 3D file is: recently due to extrenous circumstance I have been forced to reset paint 3D now to preserve my work I wish to gain my most recent project A challenger 2 MBT which cannot be opened by paint 3D due to the fact that it shall cause paint 3D to crash as soon as I interact with the...
  6. How can I tell what is running in the background?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I tell what is running in the background?: How can I tell what is running in the background? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-tell-what-is-running-in-the-background/e4dd5085-39c1-4cdf-837b-2130f584f9bd
  7. How to tell how W10 will run on the 6570B

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to tell how W10 will run on the 6570B: Hello I'm thinking of buying a refurbished HP Probook 6570B (Core i5-3210M). The store says they've put Windows 10 Home on it. Is there any way I can get some kind of indication of how capable this laptop is of running Windows 10? The laptop currently has only 4 GB of RAM on...
  8. how to tell what devices are on my network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to tell what devices are on my network: how to tell devices on my network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-tell-what-devices-are-on-my-network/5c8ebd94-5bd6-4675-a08b-8b48ece5e79e
  9. How to tell if a program is running 'As administrator'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to tell if a program is running 'As administrator': When an application is open, is there some way to tell if it's being run 'As Administrator'? Terry, East Grinstead, UK 89905
  10. How to tell what type of display

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to tell what type of display: Under all the old Windows programs you used to be able to go to display settings and be able to tell which type of monitor and display was which example a Samsung monitor or a Sony TV monitor it used to tell you in the detect portion, you could tell exactly which was...