Windows 10: How to tell which user accounts are signed in from main login screen

Discus and support How to tell which user accounts are signed in from main login screen in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have multiple users on a computer. When a user locks the screen, before in Win 8.1 the list of user would have under their name "Signed in". If I am... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by IsaacFL, Jul 29, 2015.

1. IsaacFL Win User

How to tell which user accounts are signed in from main login screen

I have multiple users on a computer. When a user locks the screen, before in Win 8.1 the list of user would have under their name "Signed in".
    If I am going to shutdown I prefer to have the users logged out.

Now I have to sign in, just to see who else is signed in already or am I missing something?

Hidden Gesture? tried waving hands and didn't work.

:)

IsaacFL, Jul 29, 2015
  2. Janemme Win User

How can I switch users in Windows 10?

This advice took me back to the same user's sign-in screen; from there I was unable to get back to all users in order to sign in to my own account. Luckily I knew the other user's password and followed another person's advice to click on account pic and
    switched from there. If I didn't know someone else's password, how can I get back to main sign-in screen for all users? The screen was stuck on the previous user and I couldn't get anywhere.

Janemme, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Basith M Win User
    The Windows 10 sign-in screen no longer shows my accounts’ email addresses

Since installing the Anniversary Update (version 1607), the sign-in screen no longer shows the email address for my Microsoft accounts.
    This can make it difficult to know which password to enter if I have multiple Microsoft accounts with the same user name.

How can I make my Microsoft accounts’ email addresses show on the sign-in screen so I can tell which password is needed?

And if I’m stuck at the sign-in screen because I forgot which email address I was using to sign into Windows, how can I tell which account is which?

Basith M, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

How to tell which user accounts are signed in from main login screen

1. How to tell which user accounts are signed in from main login screen - Similar Threads - tell user accounts

2. Which Account To Sign Out From

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which Account To Sign Out From: I keep getting this Pop-up asking me which account I want to sign out from. Do not know what is up with that as I only have one Microsoft Account.Kenneth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-account-to-sign-out-from/be1f7cb4-b8ef-427d-b85a-396faeb5e150
  3. Which Account To Sign Out From

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which Account To Sign Out From: I keep getting this Pop-up asking me which account I want to sign out from. Do not know what is up with that as I only have one Microsoft Account.Kenneth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-account-to-sign-out-from/be1f7cb4-b8ef-427d-b85a-396faeb5e150
  4. How to switch Windows 11 User account from login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to switch Windows 11 User account from login screen: Computer is running Windows 11 Pro. I personally installed two Local User accounts on the laptop: an Admin account and an account for our employee. Employee terminated and we need to access the files. I am at the login screen and no matter what I do, I can't get to a...
  5. Main Account (administrator rights) disappeared from login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Main Account (administrator rights) disappeared from login screen: A little background. I've had this laptop for a little over a year and it was given to me by my previous employer after I was laid off. It was cleaned, but it seemed they still had some administrator rights/password on the PC. Because the IT guys were also getting laid off, I...
  6. User account missing from login screen

User account missing from login screen: I cant log in to my main user profile. Previously I had an issue where I was getting notifications saying to set up Windows Hello, although I already had a pin, and when I tried to create a pin, it would ask for my pin to verify identity then the window would just close....
  7. User account missing from login screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User account missing from login screen: I cant log in to my main user profile. Previously I had an issue where I was getting notifications saying to set up Windows Hello, although I already had a pin, and when I tried to create a pin, it would ask for my pin to verify identity then the window would just close....
  8. No accounts to login into on sign in screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No accounts to login into on sign in screen: When I boot, the login screen shows no usernames--only network, ease of access, and power. Looked for advice. Tried shift+restart... Nothing Tried interrupting boot cycle twice... Nothing Tried interrupting boot cycle 3 times... Nothing. What am I doing wrong...
  9. User accounts / login screen

User accounts / login screen: Hello, I have two issues and I suspect they are related. I am using Windows 10 version 1909. Ultimately, I want to disable the login screen when starting windows. I have unchecked the box that asks for a password under netplwiz, and unchecked the box for password login...
  10. User accounts / login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    User accounts / login screen: Hello, I have two issues and I suspect they are related. I am using Windows 10 version 1909. Ultimately, I want to disable the login screen when starting windows. I have unchecked the box that asks for a password under netplwiz, and unchecked the box for password login...