Windows 10: How to tell which version of Windows 10 is on a usb

Discus and support How to tell which version of Windows 10 is on a usb in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A while back someone asked if there was a way to find out what version of Windows 10 was on a usb. He was told it was not possible. I found the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DavidBaileyyz, Aug 21, 2018.

1. How to tell which version of Windows 10 is on a usb

DavidBaileyyz, Aug 21, 2018

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Sep 12, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 12, 2018
  4. Delta6326 Win User

How to tell which version of Windows 10 is on a usb

Delta6326, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

How to tell which version of Windows 10 is on a usb

1. How to tell which version of Windows 10 is on a usb - Similar Threads - tell version usb

2. How can I tell which version of windows my desktop is actually using?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I tell which version of windows my desktop is actually using?: How do I know which version of windows I am running? It says im currently using windows 11 when i check for updates, yet when i look for devices on my mobile it says windows 10. Is windows 11 only available to use under microsoft or can it be used through chrome as default...
  3. How can I tell which version of windows my desktop is actually using?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I tell which version of windows my desktop is actually using?: How do I know which version of windows I am running? It says im currently using windows 11 when i check for updates, yet when i look for devices on my mobile it says windows 10. Is windows 11 only available to use under microsoft or can it be used through chrome as default...
  4. tell windows 10 which is the primary monitor.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    tell windows 10 which is the primary monitor.: it knows which is 1 and which is 2. but when we open anything it goes on 2. how do we tell it to open everything on 1? thanks windows home 183288
  5. tell windows 10 which is the primary monitor.

in Windows 10 Support
    tell windows 10 which is the primary monitor.: it knows which is 1 and which is 2. but when we open anything it goes on 2. how do we tell it to open everything on 1? thanks windows home 183288
  6. How to tell which Process is locking a File in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 News
    How to tell which Process is locking a File in Windows 10?: [ATTACH]Unable to delete or move or perform any action on a file because it is locked by a process? Find out which process is locking a file in Windows 10 using various methods discussed in this article. Many times, when we attempt an action (delete, rename, copy, etc.) on a...
  7. Windows 10 Version 1909 - How do I tell if my PC is running this / Which version to update...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Version 1909 - How do I tell if my PC is running this / Which version to update...: Hi, hoping someone can help. I have just read a news article that states support for 'Windows 10 Version 1909' will be ending in May 2021, and that after this updates will no longer be available. It also advises that before this date you should upgrade to another version...
  8. How can I tell which version of Windows 10 I am running.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I tell which version of Windows 10 I am running.: A Microsoft tech tried to upgrade to the Nov2019 version for me. Due to slow internet connection it took hours. The computer finaly rebooted and is working but I can't tell if it was successful or not. Reason for the upgrade was that I was setting up new computer and...
  9. Windows 10 Which Version?.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Which Version?.: I have just finished a complete reformat of my daughters HP Pavilion g6 notebook PC from Windows 8 to Windows 10. Apart from a couple of solved hiccups it all went well although very time consuming. I am unsure however on where to find which version it is updated to. When I...
  10. Which version of 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Which version of 10: Now I have been running 7 Home on my machines for years now and a couple with Pro now I am preparing for a new build and well the price difference for 10 is quite staggering $135 for Home and $209 for Pro and from a Google and from what I saw Pro is really for business use -...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to tell windows version usb

2. windows 10 how to tell what version usb boot

3. how to tell windows 10 usb installer version

4. how to tell what version of windows is on usb,
  5. how to tell which version of windows 10 is on usb