Windows 10: how to test smartscreen

Discus and support how to test smartscreen in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; windows says that smartscreen is on, but I haven't seen it actually do anything lately. How can I check if it is working? maybe someone can link me... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by shmu26, Sep 21, 2016.

1. shmu26 Win User

how to test smartscreen

windows says that smartscreen is on, but I haven't seen it actually do anything lately.
    How can I check if it is working?
    maybe someone can link me to an installer that recently triggered smartscreen for them, so I can test it out?

:)

shmu26, Sep 21, 2016

2. Windows Defender Cloud Protection isn't working ?

I believe in this case, SmartScreen filter checked it first and blocked it.

Just for test disable SmartScreen filter and then try Windows Defender again.

Make sure enable SmartScreen filter after your test.

Cyber_Defend_Team, Sep 21, 2016
  3. sfeinst Win User
    Smartscreen blocking an EXE

I don't understand this answer. The game runs fine in Windows 10. The issue is it is being flagged by Smartscreen at startup. In any case, I changed the compatibility to Windows 7 just to test and Smartscreen still flags it.

sfeinst, Sep 21, 2016
  4. ARC1020 Win User

how to test smartscreen

ARC1020, Sep 21, 2016
  5. shmu26 Win User
    if I turn off AV, I can download it in chrome and open it, no smartscreen alert.
    I am not sure you understood my intent.
    I am not trying to test internet explorer, or windows defender, I am trying to test the win10 smartscreen that activates when you try to install an unknown.

shmu26, Sep 21, 2016
  6. ARC1020 Win User
    I am not sure you explained your intent.

Go to the below link and download eicar.com file (instead of the .txt file):
    Download ° EICAR - European Expert Group for IT-Security

When you try to run it, you'll get a SmartScreen warning:

how to test smartscreen [​IMG]

ARC1020, Sep 21, 2016
  7. shmu26 Win User
    thanks, bro. did it.
    maybe there are different warning messages after anniversary update, because I get this red one and then the blue one

they are a little different from the full-screen notification I used to see, once upon a time

shmu26, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

how to test smartscreen

1. how to test smartscreen - Similar Threads - test smartscreen

2. How to turn off test mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off test mode: I'm trying to turn off test mode on my windows 10 by using the bcdedit command but it keeps saying that bcdedit Is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file...
  3. How to turn off test mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off test mode: I'm trying to turn off test mode on my windows 10 by using the bcdedit command but it keeps saying that bcdedit Is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file...
  4. How to turn off test mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I can't find windows memory test results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't find windows memory test results: Followed instructions to find results in the Event viewer.Searching for "MemoryDiagnostics" a record comes up saying that testing was scheduled to run immediately TRUE!.But no other record is found containing "MemoryDiagnostics". Help file says to search for...
  6. I can't find windows memory test results

I can't find windows memory test results: Followed instructions to find results in the Event viewer.Searching for "MemoryDiagnostics" a record comes up saying that testing was scheduled to run immediately TRUE!.But no other record is found containing "MemoryDiagnostics". Help file says to search for...
  7. It says "You're connected using a virtual Network adapter that we can't test."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It says "You're connected using a virtual Network adapter that we can't test.": It says it and I have tried1. Network resetting - doesn't work2. Troubleshooting window update - doesn't work3. View network status and tasks and doing all that stuff - DOESN'T WORKanything else anyone can think of that could work?...
  8. It says "You're connected using a virtual Network adapter that we can't test."

It says "You're connected using a virtual Network adapter that we can't test.": It says it and I have tried1. Network resetting - doesn't work2. Troubleshooting window update - doesn't work3. View network status and tasks and doing all that stuff - DOESN'T WORKanything else anyone can think of that could work?...
  9. Test

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Test: Testttttt https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/test/2c2a8ac4-a54f-436d-946b-82b3587b19d1
  10. Test

Test: Testttttt https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/test/2c2a8ac4-a54f-436d-946b-82b3587b19d1