Windows 10: How to Toggle an Outlook Mail Icon on Quick Launch

Discus and support How to Toggle an Outlook Mail Icon on Quick Launch in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I have placed an icon controlling the Outlook Mail application on the Quick Launch Toolbar. By Outlook mail I mean the W10 app that interfaces with... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by rocroc, Dec 11, 2016.

1. rocroc Win User

How to Toggle an Outlook Mail Icon on Quick Launch

I have placed an icon controlling the Outlook Mail application on the Quick Launch Toolbar. By Outlook mail I mean the W10 app that interfaces with Outlook.com (not the original Outlook). My problem is that I want to toggle this icon so that it will turn on Outlook and then turn off Outlook when I hit it a second time. If I place the icon provided by the app on the Taskbar it will toggle but I have to make my own icon for Quick Launch. I am not sure if this is simply a characteristic of Quick Launch or if I can make an icon that will work the way I want it to? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

:)

rocroc, Dec 11, 2016

2. Control Panel's Mail applet gone

Running the latest Office 2016 targeted release (insider fast). The Mail (Microsoft Outlook 2016) icon in the Control Panel appears as a blank page, and when launched gives the error "Application not found". I've tried both Quick and Online repair without
    success. I suspect it disappeared sometime during the process of uninstalling 64-bit Office, and then installing 32-bit Office. Any advice as to how to get it back?

Thank you,

Bob

** Moved to appropriate forum by Moderator**

Bob Manjoney, Dec 11, 2016
  3. n9 modify quick launch bar

how can i edit the quick launch bar's icons?

theking2---01, Dec 11, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

Are you talking about the Mail app under Apps?
    Go to Apps and right click the Mail App and choose Pin to Taskbar.

spunk, Dec 11, 2016
  5. rocroc Win User
    Yes. I believe that is referred to as Outlook Mail 10 and is an interface with Outlook, which replaced Hotmail. I know how to pin it to the taskbar. What I want to do is pin it to Quick Launch with the same attributes as if it were pinned to the taskbar. I use Quick Launch in conjunction with the taskbar because I like the appearance and functionality better. One thing I like about QL is that I can open several icons of the same program (Firefox, Edge, etc,) with a single click and they stack on one another. To turn those stacked programs off you have to click on their off button whereas on the taskbar you can toggle each program off. In the case of Outlook there will be only one iteration of the program and It is easier to toggle it off. Here is a picture of my taskbar with the envelope icon on Quick Launch as well as the taskbar. Here I have two Firefox pages open shown alongside of the Outlook taskbar icon.
    How to Toggle an Outlook Mail Icon on Quick Launch [​IMG]

rocroc, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to Toggle an Outlook Mail Icon on Quick Launch - Similar Threads - Toggle Outlook Mail

2. Toggling from Microsoft Mail to the new Outlook program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Toggling from Microsoft Mail to the new Outlook program: Regarding the upcoming switch from Microsoft Mail to Outlook: I have several computers on a home network. My question is, if I toggle to Outlook on one computer, how will this affect the other computers? Will these other computers also be forced to use the new Outlook...
  3. In Windows Mail not Outlook how to get rid of the "Try the new Outlook" toggle in the top...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Windows Mail not Outlook how to get rid of the "Try the new Outlook" toggle in the top...: This has appeared. I've used Outlook extensively at work. I'm not at work.The Windows Mail email client built into Windows 10 is perfectly adequate for my personal needs and I wish to keep using it.I don't want to accidentally click on this toggle one day and have Microsoft...
  4. In Windows Mail not Outlook how to get rid of the "Try the new Outlook" toggle in the top...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In Windows Mail not Outlook how to get rid of the "Try the new Outlook" toggle in the top...: This has appeared. I've used Outlook extensively at work. I'm not at work.The Windows Mail email client built into Windows 10 is perfectly adequate for my personal needs and I wish to keep using it.I don't want to accidentally click on this toggle one day and have Microsoft...
  5. Quick Launch icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Launch icons?: How do I Change the icon size on the Quick Launch list? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-launch-icons/a1bd1b0d-244e-41c7-912a-e8a797fbad1d
  6. Quick Launch Toolbar Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Launch Toolbar Icons: The icons in my Quick Launch toolbar seem to change sizes after reboot ... and sometimes even without a reboot. Sometimes they're the same height at the regular toolbar, and sometimes they're smaller. When smaller they're really too small and make the Quick Launch toolbar...
  7. How to toggle screens quickly

in Windows 10 Support
    How to toggle screens quickly: I have a laptop connected to an external monitor. Need to do a presentation where I have Powerpoint open on one screen and Excel on another screen and toggle the external screen So: the laptop screen should always show Excel but the external screen should show either PP or...
  8. Outlook 365 automatically adds icon into Quick Launch on boot

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 365 automatically adds icon into Quick Launch on boot: I am running Windows 10, fully up-to-date. Whenever I start my computer, Windows adds an icon for Outlook into my Quick Launch area. Every day I delete it yet Windows adds it back in the next day, I have heard that marking it as hidden can solve this but that has not...
  9. MSOffice 2016-Outlook icon back to Quick Launch Toolbar on every boot

in Microsoft Office and 365
    MSOffice 2016-Outlook icon back to Quick Launch Toolbar on every boot: Grrr! In the past, every windows update for outlook would return the icon to quick launch. I could delete it and that would be it for a long while. Since a recent update though, it seems MS is returning that icon to QL on every boot. Tired of repeatedly deleting it. Is...
  10. quick launch: how to reorder icons

in Windows 10 Support
    quick launch: how to reorder icons: I have installed Quick Launch on my Windows 10 task bar. It works ! However, I would like to reorder the icons in a way that makes sense to me. The only reordering I have been able to discover so far is to move an icon to the end of the list. Is there a way to directly...