Windows 10: How to toggle between file arrangements-detailed

Discus and support How to toggle between file arrangements-detailed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is may sound a bit unique, I want to be able to change the arrangement of files in my folder by some sort of simple action, let me elaborate, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nirbhay Thacker, Nov 21, 2017.

1. How to toggle between file arrangements-detailed

This is may sound a bit unique, I want to be able to change the arrangement of files in my folder by some sort of simple action, let me elaborate, I have a folder on my PC, the PC is used by the entire family , (I'm a teenager and obviously ain't a kid anymore, I watch a lot of movies and TV Series which I may not necessarily be wishing to inform the whole family about (also now that I'm 14 parents been getting stalkingly curious about everything I do), now my folder is made intentionally extremely messy to make it seem like all I use the PC for is study (which is about 80% of what I do with it), but I wish to have an organized folder which is usable for some real study work I need to do , however an organized labelled folder is something parents can easily go through. I want to be able to 'toggle' between two views of the same file system with some password or button , i.e. no button=messy, button=organized neat and clean. The folder is very large, >100 GB so no duplication, no hidden files as I need split second accuracy to save myself from getting scolded (LOL) and the same duplication issue, no other ideas other than what I need as this will be useful for many other applications as well. So any ideas or features?

Also it would help if you post this in other forums too.

:)

Nirbhay Thacker, Nov 21, 2017

2. N8 music player leaves room for improvement...

There's a folder browser/manager in N8. U can use it to browse your directories and cards the way they were originally arranged. Just keep both applications open as you will have to toggle between them. Would be easier to browse original folders straight
    from the music player app...

Thundermax, Nov 21, 2017
  3. esmfotoz Win User
    Preview Pane in Windows 10

How do I turn off preview pane in Windows 10 explorer? I can't seem to find the setting; once it's turned on the only option I see is to toggle between preview pane and details pane... Thx.

esmfotoz, Nov 21, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

How to toggle between file arrangements-detailed

This is an area where the first/basic question would be: who actually owns the computer? The owner is the controller of what happens. An additional thing is that no matter what a person does on a computer there are ways to find out about it even though data is deleted.

There are things one can do to keep personal data away from others' eyes by using removable drives such as USB Thumb drives but even that requires not leaving it plugged in. There will be pointers in a computer about what files were opened/worked on but without the file actually being available not much can be gained from seeing that.

Berton, Nov 21, 2017
  5. You can say I own the computer despite it being a laptop basically anyone (family) can flip open. And i do not want to delete anything here or prevent it's recovery. I think you did not get my question, "is it possible to have two different arrangements of the same files? as in one is unorganised and messy, another is organised and the view can be easily toggled?", as in two distinct arrangements of the same files without anything manually moving the files.

Nirbhay Thacker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How to toggle between file arrangements-detailed

1. How to toggle between file arrangements-detailed - Similar Threads - toggle between file

2. How to toggle between local and remote desktop shortcut?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to toggle between local and remote desktop shortcut?: Hello,I am testing the Windows remote desktop for the first time, and I thought there should be a straightforward way of toggling between the local and remote desktop.I found this article Remote Desktop Services Shortcut Keys - Win32 apps Microsoft LearnBut my computer is not...
  3. How to toggle between local and remote desktop shortcut?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to toggle between local and remote desktop shortcut?: Hello,I am testing the Windows remote desktop for the first time, and I thought there should be a straightforward way of toggling between the local and remote desktop.I found this article Remote Desktop Services Shortcut Keys - Win32 apps Microsoft LearnBut my computer is not...
  4. How can I toggle between windows with split screens?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I toggle between windows with split screens?: I currently have two active windows in split screen left and right both. So, I want to ask If I'm using the right window and want to switch to the left window. How can I do it? I know one method which is alt+tab but is there a way I can do it with just one click?...
  5. How to toggle between cameras for Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to toggle between cameras for Windows Hello: Windows Hello is using my external camera Logitech Brio by default, but I don't want it to. That camera is frequently occupied by other streaming software, which prevents Windows Hello from accessing it when my screen is locked.All the help I've found in the forums is for...
  6. How to toggle between cameras for Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to toggle between cameras for Windows Hello: Windows Hello is using my external camera Logitech Brio by default, but I don't want it to. That camera is frequently occupied by other streaming software, which prevents Windows Hello from accessing it when my screen is locked.All the help I've found in the forums is for...
  7. Toggle between network settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Toggle between network settings: Is there a way in Win 10 to set locations, such that one "Work" for example has a fixed IP, and "Home" has DHCP and I can switch between them without having to enter the settings each time? Those names are just examples.... Thanks. submitted by /u/wa1oui [link] [comments]...
  8. Stop Auto Arrange in Details View in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Stop Auto Arrange in Details View in File Explorer: Windows 10 Pro, copyright 2019, local computer also accessing a windows server I have a folder on my c-Drive with hundreds of files. I am re-naming the files. Problem: each time a file is re-named, it jumps to a different location in the folder [example below] without...
  9. File Arrangement

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Arrangement: How do I manually change the order of files in a folder? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-arrangement/3d707450-b677-493b-b594-e822985a3c39
  10. Keyboard Toggle between (2 ) and ( ")

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard Toggle between (2 ) and ( "): green symbol, occurs occasionally, I forget how to fix, using (Fn)? Why does it happen? I tried switching to English (United States) and this didn't help, with Canadian language pack (not a downloaded app)...