Windows 10: How to track a service via eventlog name in cmd ?

Discus and support How to track a service via eventlog name in cmd ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys as the title says can you plz tell how to track services via eventlog name in cmd See the below images for more information [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Droyk, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Droyk Win User

How to track a service via eventlog name in cmd ?

Hey guys as the title says can you plz tell how to track services via eventlog name in cmd

See the below images for more information

How to track a service via eventlog name in cmd ? [​IMG]

so the main problem is i cant seem to find these services on services.msc so plz i want to know how to track these services via cmd plz i just want to know how i don't want you guys to tell me what type of service is this i want too know how i can track this own my own? plz tell me how not what type of service is it ..

:)

Droyk, Nov 23, 2015
  2. nancy3243 Win User

Event Error Log

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> remove-EventLog -Source "Custom Log"

remove-EventLog : The source name "Custom Log" does not exist on computer "localhost".

At line:1 char:1

+ remove-EventLog -Source "Custom Log"

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: How to track a service via eventlog name in cmd ? :)) [Remove-EventLog], InvalidOperationException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.RemoveEventLogCommand

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> remove-EventLog -Source "CMS Application Log"

remove-EventLog : The event log source 'CMS Application Log' cannot be deleted, because it's equal to the log name.

At line:1 char:1

+ remove-EventLog -Source "CMS Application Log"

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: How to track a service via eventlog name in cmd ? :)) [Remove-EventLog], InvalidOperationException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.InvalidOperationException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.RemoveEventLogCommand

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>

nancy3243, Nov 23, 2015
  3. andrew021 Win User
    N73 - Rename Music Tracks

When I download a music track via PC Suite it is held as 01-AAC. If I rename the track it is not recognised. If I erename it as say Air-AAC, thats fine. But when I go tio the Music Player the track is sitting as 01-AAC.

How can you change music track names, enter the artist and album name.

andrew021, Nov 23, 2015
  4. bro67 Win User

That is because they are sub-services. Really cannot know what Service you are talking about. A service can end undetectable, and not affect the use of the computer. You can use Process Explorer to expand a certain service to see what is using Services.msc as the main process.

bro67, Nov 23, 2015
  5. Droyk Win User
    Process explorer only shows the active services but it doesn't show's the terminated or not active services i doubt process explorer can help me in this

Droyk, Nov 23, 2015
  6. lx07 Win User
    Can you recreate it? If so use procmon.

7. Droyk Win User
    well actually it always happen when you restart the whole computer .
    if that what you mean recreate it. then yeah i can recreate it.

Droyk, Nov 23, 2015
  8. lx07 Win User

If you download procmon you can enable boot logging and it will tell you.

You could look here though Anyone know how to fix Event ID 7031? - Windows 10 Forums

I get the same messages every reboot (not that that is any consolation *Sad )

9. Droyk Win User
    i will try it after i get to home
    and will tell U if it solved my problem

Droyk, Nov 23, 2015
  10. bro67 Win User
    Actually Process Monitor can handle that with no problem. Process Monitor

bro67, Nov 23, 2015
  11. Droyk Win User
    As i said above process monitor can only see the active services and the non active ones it cant see the already happened one
    and these services what i am talking are only happen when you boot your PC So i think your solution was not that good
    and if the process monitor company added something new that let you observe the offline sub-services.
    Then i have to see that to be sure

Droyk, Nov 23, 2015
  12. lx07 Win User
    Process Monitor isn't the same as Process explorer (but both come from Microsoft sysinternals).

Process explorer is a bit like task manager (you can only look at running things), Process monitor you can set to collect information at boot time (or any other period for example if something starts and stops too fast to see it in Process Explorer).

13. bro67 Win User

No you stated that Process Explorer is not what you want. Process Monitor is the only other alternative. Since you are being really defensive on this, and do not like any of the answers. Then I guess that you should do like most of us do. That is use a search engine.

bro67, Nov 23, 2015
  14. bro67 Win User
    Watch out. He may tell you off like he did to me. Hate volunteering some help on these types of cases, when the owner of the topic does not want to hear the answers that we have.

bro67, Nov 23, 2015
  15. Droyk Win User
    You are about too read some bad english. and i am really sorry about it i am not a native english speaker. i just started learning english.

Cant believe it when did i told you anything about leaving . i don't hate anything at all .
    and i think you didn't see my comment accurately my comment says
    and i am not being defensive here at all
    i like help from everywhere if the answer is nowhere as good as i thought it would be

that's the first thing i do when i have some problem in my system and i searched quite a lot today and when i didn't find anything i submit my question here to find some help that's all

and plz don't be offensive i was just stating my opinion that's all . i never said that your answer suck or anything like that i never said that don't help me with your stupid answer i was just saying that software doesn't have what i want and i don't know if the newer version have those. that's all i said. and if you find in my massage anything that being offensive to you then thats not my fault

Droyk, Nov 23, 2015
Thema:

1. How to track a service via eventlog name in cmd ? - Similar Threads - track service via

2. Track laptop via serial number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Track laptop via serial number: My laptop has been taken.. I have findmy laptop switched on but nothing.... And laptop had plenty of battery. If my laptops been reformatted can my laptop still be trackable via serial number linked to a Microsoft account?...
  3. Track laptop via serial number

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Track laptop via serial number: My laptop has been taken.. I have findmy laptop switched on but nothing.... And laptop had plenty of battery. If my laptops been reformatted can my laptop still be trackable via serial number linked to a Microsoft account?...
  4. Track laptop via serial number

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. chdkdsk VIA CMD

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    chdkdsk VIA CMD: the so called microsoft helpfull tolls are a crap running chdkdsk via cmd to fix errors in my hard drive almost ruin my laptot hard drive disk i had lost all system data, files pictures everything, that crap is worst than malware should BE removable forever, switching for MAC...
  6. EventLog service monopolizes the hard drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    EventLog service monopolizes the hard drive: For the past several hours the EventLog service, svchost.exe LocalServerNetworkRestricted -p has been writing around 20 megabytes per second to file C:\Windows\System32\winevt\Logs\Microsoft-Windows-Store%4Operational.evtx I figure that's more than a terabyte so far. But...
  7. EventLog

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    EventLog: Hello, I recently saw that EventLog service is always working and taking 1-2% cpu load, I know that 1-2 percent is nothing, but I never saw this proccess taking more than 0%, seems like bug. submitted by /u/_MeetYourMaker_ [link] [comments]...
  8. how to reg add via cmd-script

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to reg add via cmd-script: Hello everybody, I want to add a registry by starting a cmd-script. Therefore i have implemented the following line: REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers" /V "%CDh%\Launcher.exe" /t REG_SZ /d "WIN98 256COLOR 640X480" /f But...
  9. PPPOE service name - Terminal / Command Prompt ( cmd ) / Powershell

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PPPOE service name - Terminal / Command Prompt ( cmd ) / Powershell: How can i set Broadband PPPOE service name using Command Prompt or PowerShell (Windows 8.1, build 9600)? 159406
  10. Diagnostic Tracking Service & dmwappushsvc

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Diagnostic Tracking Service & dmwappushsvc: Hi everyone *Smile Is it safe to set the Diagnostic Tracking Service and dmwappushsvc to Disable or Manual? If so which of the two setting is better? Regards. 25861