Windows 10: How to track down an unwanted sound?

Discus and support How to track down an unwanted sound? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 Build 14942 and Bluetooth. A four-note "attention" or "warning" sound is continually overriding my Bluetooth sound, which otherwise, seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kupuna, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Kupuna Win User

How to track down an unwanted sound?

Windows 10 Build 14942 and Bluetooth. A four-note "attention" or "warning" sound is continually overriding my Bluetooth sound, which otherwise, seems to be behaving normally. I haven't been able to see any flashing icons or other indicators that an app wants my attention.
    How should I go about tracking down the source of this disruptive sound? Is there some active listing of sound sources available?

:)

Kupuna, Oct 12, 2016
  2. RicW-nw Win User

Feedback, not a Q, but don't know where to send it. Re: screen images.

I have posted some guidelines on how I cleared the unwanted images in another thread. I'll track it down and post a link here later. (It's a bit fiddly but it can be done without registry interference) - Cheers, Ric.

RicW-nw, Oct 12, 2016
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Windows shuts down during games, how to track down the problem?

Hi Bartlomiej,

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community.

I appreciate you for trying some steps in order to get the issue fixed.

Run the Power troubleshooter on the system.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel

• Run the Power troubleshooter

You can also check if this option "Allow this device to wake the computer” is available for the display driver and follow the same steps on the display driver also.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Jessen P, Oct 12, 2016
  4. eLPuSHeR Win User

Are you on build 14393.321? Something about Bluetooth was changed there.

eLPuSHeR, Oct 12, 2016
  5. Kupuna Win User
    I'm on 14942.1 I've turned off all sounds, but I'll wait a while and see if the update you refer to shows up. Thanks.

Kupuna, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to track down an unwanted sound? - Similar Threads - track down unwanted

2. Tracking down Windows Offenders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tracking down Windows Offenders: submitted by /u/NothingLeftUndone [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l22qh9/tracking_down_windows_offenders/
  3. Help tracking down driver BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help tracking down driver BSODs: Hi Everyone, my computer has been crashing recently a couple minutes after login, unless I am in safe mode. PC Specs: Ryzen 3600 MSI x570 Tomahawk GSkill Trident Z Neo 3600 16CL 2x8 MSI 3x Ventus OC 3080 Here are the dump logs:...
  4. Unwanted shutting down

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unwanted shutting down: Running W10. When I used to close my PC down, after powering back up it would display a pretty picture from nature. Clicking it brought up the sign-in screen. But recently I have only to leave my PC unattended and it displays a pretty picture etc. How can I stop it doing...
  5. need help tracking down a bug

need help tracking down a bug: once a minute, something on my computer is causing a GPU usage spike which causes the computer to be unresponsive for a few seconds, in all apps. tried reinstalling drivers thinking that was the issue, and even tried installing an older nvidia card instead of the amd one,...
  6. Tracking down Memory BSOD

Tracking down Memory BSOD: Hello, I could really use some help in tracking down some memory based BSOD's I've been getting. I tracked some issues down to an ASUS driver in an earlier post, and was able to clean it off the system. I've now been having some slightly different issues. I've still been...
  7. Unwanted Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unwanted Sound: I've developed an unwanted sound problem. My web browser is Google Chrome. When I go to a web site whether it's this one,or yahoo, or my email, I hear through my speakers a live stream of MSNBC. Sometimes it's only a 1 second blip before it stops, other times it may go on for...
  8. mystery message cant track it down

mystery message cant track it down: can someone help please [img] 114792
  9. How to track down missing device drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to track down missing device drivers?: I have just done a Clean Install of Windows 10 on my Sony Vaio VGN-NW21ZF laptop following a partition corruption while trying to repartition the HDD. previously it had been upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and there were no device driver issues. All appears to be...
  10. Unwanted repeating xylophone sound, how to turn off?

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted repeating xylophone sound, how to turn off?: I have a repeating periodic xylophone type sound that my computer keeps making. It's annoying and I can't seem to figure out how to turn it off. It doesn't seem to be associated with any particular program. The "Adjust System Volume" has the speakers on (so I can listen to...