Windows 10: How to track down missing device drivers?

Discus and support How to track down missing device drivers? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have just done a Clean Install of Windows 10 on my Sony Vaio VGN-NW21ZF laptop following a partition corruption while trying to repartition the HDD.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by balein, Sep 29, 2015.

1. balein Win User

How to track down missing device drivers?

I have just done a Clean Install of Windows 10 on my Sony Vaio VGN-NW21ZF laptop following a partition corruption while trying to repartition the HDD. previously it had been upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and there were no device driver issues.

All appears to be working OK, but in device manager I have two unknown devices that do not have drivers installed. On is described as Base System Device, and the other as Unknown Device. Looking at Sysyinfo I see the following details:

How to track down missing device drivers? [​IMG]

How do I work out what these devices are so I can try to find the correct drivers?

Looking in Computer Management I see this information

How to track down missing device drivers? [​IMG]

:)

balein, Sep 29, 2015
  2. Jessen P Win User

Windows shuts down during games, how to track down the problem?

Hi Bartlomiej,

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community.

I appreciate you for trying some steps in order to get the issue fixed.

Run the Power troubleshooter on the system.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel

• Run the Power troubleshooter

You can also check if this option "Allow this device to wake the computer” is available for the display driver and follow the same steps on the display driver also.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Jessen P, Sep 29, 2015
  3. Windows shuts down during games, how to track down the problem?

Power Troubleshooter found three issues, which are probably not related:

• Time before display goes to sleep is too long -> Restore the default sleep setting for the display
    • Power plan set to High Performance -> Set power plan to a more efficient power plan
    • Time before computer goes to sleep is too long -> Restore the default sleep setting for the computer
    I can't find the "allow this device to wake the computer" option now (even though I I'm sure I've already seen it around).

I also found, that if I disable my NVIDIA graphic card in Device Manager, the issue stopped and neither CS:GO nor LoL makes computer shut down. I edited my first post.

BartlomiejSurma, Sep 29, 2015
  4. balein Win User

Problem solved - I found the Drivers folder from the last full backup before I did the reinstall and successfully installed the drivers from there.

balein, Sep 30, 2015
Thema:

1. How to track down missing device drivers? - Similar Threads - track down missing

2. device manager missing driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    device manager missing driver: last week i installed a m.2 nvme ssd to my laptop i noticed today that Pci data aquisition and signal processing controller driver is missing what should i do?...
  3. Tracking down Windows Offenders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tracking down Windows Offenders: submitted by /u/NothingLeftUndone [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l22qh9/tracking_down_windows_offenders/
  4. Help tracking down driver BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help tracking down driver BSODs: Hi Everyone, my computer has been crashing recently a couple minutes after login, unless I am in safe mode. PC Specs: Ryzen 3600 MSI x570 Tomahawk GSkill Trident Z Neo 3600 16CL 2x8 MSI 3x Ventus OC 3080 Here are the dump logs:...
  5. Tracking down Memory BSOD

Tracking down Memory BSOD: Hello, I could really use some help in tracking down some memory based BSOD's I've been getting. I tracked some issues down to an ASUS driver in an earlier post, and was able to clean it off the system. I've now been having some slightly different issues. I've still been...
  6. Driver Verifier - tracking down a misbehaving driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver Verifier - tracking down a misbehaving driver: Good afternoon, We have an issue with system crashes, Windows 10. Memory test came back clean, so it's most likely a misbehaving driver. Please see a link to three latest DMP files from today. Help with analysis in an effort to isolate the underlying issue is much...
  7. issue "Driver Verifier-- tracking down a mis-behaving driver"

issue "Driver Verifier-- tracking down a mis-behaving driver": whenever I follow the step by step Process it always Bluescreens on lunch of Windows not even when the computer is Idle is this a problem?...
  8. Drivers are missing in Device Manager.

Drivers are missing in Device Manager.: My others devices are missing in device manager and giving me an unknown device.Pus i don't find sm bus controller in device manager after windows 10 update version 1709.This issue happened after one month suddenly.I had all the windows not functioning suddenly after...
  9. How to track down an unwanted sound?

How to track down an unwanted sound?: Windows 10 Build 14942 and Bluetooth. A four-note "attention" or "warning" sound is continually overriding my Bluetooth sound, which otherwise, seems to be behaving normally. I haven't been able to see any flashing icons or other indicators that an app wants my attention....
  10. Find My Device Missing & Tracking Not Available

in Windows 10 Support
    Find My Device Missing & Tracking Not Available: I've been upgrading all my family's computers to Windows 10, and none of them have the "Find My Device" option under Updates in Settings. Even when logging in to their account on the MS website the "Find My Device" option is missing. They are all up-to-date and have build...