Windows 10: how to transfer info to new laptop

Discus and support how to transfer info to new laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have purchased a HP 15-AF119NA Laptop 15.6" AMD E2-6110 4GB 500GB HDD and I would like to know if I can use "Windows easy transfer " to transfer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by silverwing65, Jul 15, 2017.

1. how to transfer info to new laptop

I have purchased a
    HP 15-AF119NA Laptop 15.6" AMD E2-6110 4GB 500GB HDD

and I would like to know if I can use "Windows easy transfer " to transfer my data to this new laptop, at the moment I have a ADVENT 5611 RUNNING WIN 10 .

Regards

:)

silverwing65, Jul 15, 2017
  2. how to do Win User

HELP!! - Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I'm now running Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7 & I have the same continuous problem with the update

• Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I tried your Method 1 to fix it which said changes have been made to my computer & to try & update again which failed.. again & the same message above came up again. My laptop is secure as I run Norton 360, so what should I do next to try & fix this problem?
    My laptop is a Toshiba satellite L650.

Thank you

David

how to do, Jul 15, 2017
  3. djwenz Win User
    How to Transfer Files from laptop to (not new) Desktop

Thanks for your reply. I use Thunderbird for email, and backup daily using Acronis. I'm just fearful of overriding existing files by inputting a backup from machine 1 to machine 2 - I want to add the files rather than replacing existing, good files. If need
    be, I'll manually add machine one's files to machine 2.

djwenz, Jul 15, 2017
  4. mrgeek Win User

how to transfer info to new laptop

Windows Easy Transfer is not Win10 compatible. Your data, if backed up on ext HDD, can be easily moved but not your settings, unfortunately.

mrgeek, Jul 15, 2017
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    That's not exactly true. As long as the new laptop is running the same version of Windows 10 or higher, the entire Windows 10 installation can be moved from the old laptop to the new laptop.

For example, my daughter's ASUS laptop needed repair under warranty, so we moved her entire Windows 10 installation to a spare Gateway laptop we have. When we got her ASUS laptop back, we moved the entire Windows 10 installation back to the ASUS. No issues at all. Both laptops had digital licenses for Windows 10 Pro.

NavyLCDR, Jul 15, 2017
  6. EdTittel Win User
    The commercial software product (~$50US) Laplink PCmover Professional will also do the job. I used it last year to migrate my Windows 10 installation from an old production PC to a new one. It did the job quite nicely over the network, and completely transplanted my existing PC installation from the old machine to the new one. It ain't cheap, but it does the job.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

how to transfer info to new laptop

1. how to transfer info to new laptop - Similar Threads - transfer info laptop

2. how to transfer programs from old laptop to new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to transfer programs from old laptop to new laptop: how to transfer programs from old laptop to new laptop - from windows 10 to windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-programs-from-old-laptop-to-new/10628b52-b0b8-4a4d-8e6b-1003d91bede7
  3. how to transfer programs from old laptop to new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to transfer programs from old laptop to new laptop: how to transfer programs from old laptop to new laptop - from windows 10 to windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-programs-from-old-laptop-to-new/10628b52-b0b8-4a4d-8e6b-1003d91bede7
  4. How do you transfer info from an old pc to a new pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you transfer info from an old pc to a new pc?: How do you transfer info from an old pc to a new one? New one has WI dows11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-transfer-info-from-an-old-pc-to-a-new/c8183b93-b286-4adb-92e0-9b557dc0e0c0
  5. How do you transfer info from an old pc to a new pc?

How do you transfer info from an old pc to a new pc?: How do you transfer info from an old pc to a new one? New one has WI dows11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-transfer-info-from-an-old-pc-to-a-new/c8183b93-b286-4adb-92e0-9b557dc0e0c0
  6. transfer old ssd info to new computer with pcie

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    transfer old ssd info to new computer with pcie: i've searched here and found bits and pieces of what i'm trying to do but not sure if i've got it right. I have a five year old Dell Inspiron laptop whose casing is breaking. it boots from a crucial ssd running windows 10 home most recent version as of today. i would replace...
  7. more info. on buying a new laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    more info. on buying a new laptop: hi all: I am thinking of getting a 14 inch laptop. I found this one I like, which I might get in the summer. www.asus.com/us/Laptops/For-Home/ZenBook/ZenBook-14-UX425-11th-Gen-Intel I like to know, is it really true that 14 inch laptops cannot have traditional hard drive?...
  8. Laptop Outlook - Transfer to a New Laptop

Laptop Outlook - Transfer to a New Laptop: Something went wrong with my Windows 7. I will figure it out in due time. But for now, I just want to copy and paste the appropriate Outlook files from my Windows 7 to my Windows 10 computer. In Windows 10, I already created a non-email Outlook user profile with the pst...
  9. Transfering info

Transfering info: I want to transfer all my stuff from my old pc which has been updated to windows 10 to my new pc which has windows 10 already installed on it. I don't have that much stuff to transfer, no pictures or spreadsheets. Mainly email folders and a few folders from when I bought my...
  10. new laptop transfer files

new laptop transfer files: I have a new laptop and want to get everything off the old one and onto the new one. I tried to find a USB transfer cored but had no luck and now I am sitting here wasting valuable time when I need to be working. Someone know what I should be doing here?...