Windows 10: How to transform a Notepad file into a word file 2003

Discus and support How to transform a Notepad file into a word file 2003 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a problem with my files. I have installed the old Microsoft Office 2003 in a laptop with Windows 10. All the classic programmes (Word, Excel,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kilovatio, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Kilovatio Win User

How to transform a Notepad file into a word file 2003

I have a problem with my files. I have installed the old Microsoft Office 2003 in a laptop with Windows 10. All the classic programmes (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, FrontPage, etc.). But the problem is that the Word documents that open in Word 2003 do not open in Word in this laptop but on NotePad or WordPad (whatever the computer has as a the default). I want to set Word as the default but it appears not to be possible. I cannot find how to set it. I have consulted help and have tried everything possible: Clicking on the type of file I want to change its current default to Word, right click on properties, change, and it doesn't show Word. The same story when I go to settings Apps, default Apps and Word is not shown. Or any other thing I try Word is not show despite Word is properly installed. I say it is installed because It shows when I click on the start button. All other files open in Excel, PowerPoint, etc. But Word doesn't appear to open the files that have been set to open in Word 2003. Any suggestions what to do in this case? Thanks.

:)

Kilovatio, Aug 17, 2018
  2. newtekie1 Win User

microsoft word 2003

Is it just one file, or all your word files?

With the exception of Outlook, I have yet to find a reason to stop using Office 2000, 2003, and 2007. They open all the latest files just fine, and they work just fine.

newtekie1, Aug 17, 2018
  3. microsoft word 2003

I have a lot of ms word files on my pc. But one of them showed me an error - Getting unknown error messages while opening (.doc) or (.docx) files. I don't know how to open my word file or repair microsoft word. Any suggestions, guys, please.

abandone15, Aug 17, 2018
  4. How to transform a Notepad file into a word file 2003

microsoft word 2003

In the past year or so I've noticed another quirk where a downloaded Word document or other Office document won't open regardless of the steps I take to open them. After deleting the file and re-downloading the document it opens without issue. I've been using Chrome almost exclusively so I'm not sure if I've experienced this with Explorer or Firefox. So one last step to try might be to obtain another copy of your files if they are being generated and fetched externally to your system (ie. try downloading them again as the file might have simply been corrupted).

Beertintedgoggles, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

How to transform a Notepad file into a word file 2003

1. How to transform a Notepad file into a word file 2003 - Similar Threads - transform Notepad file

2. How to disable Word Wrap for all files in Notepad Windows 11 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable Word Wrap for all files in Notepad Windows 11 ?: Hello everyone !It seems that there was a recent update on the Windows Notepad at least it changed recently for me, with tabs and stuff.Though this is generally good, i have a problem with word wrapping : i need most of my texte files NOT to wrap, because it is much easier to...
  3. How to disable Word Wrap for all files in Notepad Windows 11 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable Word Wrap for all files in Notepad Windows 11 ?: Hello everyone !It seems that there was a recent update on the Windows Notepad at least it changed recently for me, with tabs and stuff.Though this is generally good, i have a problem with word wrapping : i need most of my texte files NOT to wrap, because it is much easier to...
  4. How to pin notepad file to notepad on taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to pin notepad file to notepad on taskbar?: How to pin notepad file to notepad on taskbar? When I pin notepad app to task bad I was able to add files to it by right mouse button but not after last windows reinstallation. I still can do it with any other app....
  5. How to pin notepad file to notepad on taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to pin notepad file to notepad on taskbar?: How to pin notepad file to notepad on taskbar? When I pin notepad app to task bad I was able to add files to it by right mouse button but not after last windows reinstallation. I still can do it with any other app....
  6. How to decrypt a notepad file?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to decrypt a notepad file?: How to decrypt a notepad file? submitted by /u/fuck4everything [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hzy7ef/how_to_decrypt_a_notepad_file/
  7. Word 2003 and emoji

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word 2003 and emoji: I still use Word 2003 to full satisfaction in my W10 Pro desktop PC. Wondering whether such a thing as an emoji font exists, I found that it exists as the font Segoe UI Emoji. Indeed, in the font listing in Word this font is present. However, when I try to use this font, only...
  8. Cannot view contents or change Word 2003 normal.dot file

Cannot view contents or change Word 2003 normal.dot file: I'm running win10 Pro on two Dell T3500's I use Word 2003 and have some minor problems which I hope will be fixed by renaming my normal.doc and restarting Word so I have the default setup. Word 2003 uses normal.dot; dotm was introduced on later versions. I used...
  9. Cannot view contents or change Word 2003 normal.dot file

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot view contents or change Word 2003 normal.dot file: I'm running win10 Pro on two Dell T3500's I use Word 2003 and have some minor problems which I hope will be fixed by renaming my normal.doc and restarting Word so I have the default setup. Word 2003 uses normal.dot; dotm was introduced on later versions. I used...
  10. Folders: converting Word Doc format files to Word 97-2003 format

Folders: converting Word Doc format files to Word 97-2003 format: Hi All, I have a question related to one I posed earlier tonight - and which may solve the problem. I have several folders which contain thousands of documents which I converted from WordPerfect to Word Document format. How would I change each of the thousands of files...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. transform notepad in word