Windows 10: How to turn Bluetooth Off in Windows 10?

Discus and support How to turn Bluetooth Off in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It says my PC is searching for other devices under the Bluetooth menu, but there is not a switch saying on/off. 13735 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NarekUnited, Aug 6, 2015.

1. How to turn Bluetooth Off in Windows 10?

It says my PC is searching for other devices under the Bluetooth menu, but there is not a switch saying on/off.

:)

NarekUnited, Aug 6, 2015

2. How to turn off bluetooth in Windows 10?

Hello Tomo,

Thank you for sharing the information.

We are glad to know your issue got fixed.

Feel free to post if you have any further query on Windows.

We are happy to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Aug 6, 2015
  3. How to turn Bluetooth Off in Windows 10?

Hi,

With regard to the Bluetooth On/Off toggle, there are a couple of conditions that would cause it not to show up. Maybe your system is one of these:

1. The system is not recognized as a mobile platform.

2. The radio is a Bluetooth 3.0 or below version and the 3rd party software required to make it work is not installed.

I hope this helps answer your Bluetooth questions.

Thanks!

Kristin

KristinF [MSFT], Aug 6, 2015
  4. andru Win User

How to turn Bluetooth Off in Windows 10?

I'v just been looking at the same thing. I right clicked on the icon and opened up the Bluetooth settings. In there is a radio button with on/off.

andru, Aug 6, 2015
  5. There is no such button in my Bluetooth settings.

NarekUnited, Aug 6, 2015
  6. I also had this problem on Windows 8.1

NarekUnited, Aug 7, 2015
  7. Airplane Mode is missing too.

NarekUnited, Aug 7, 2015
  8. Bud935 Win User

Open Control Panel, click on Device Manager

OR

Right click on the Windows logo AKA the start button, select Run
    Then type in devmgmt.msc and hit enter to open Device Manager

Double click on your computer name (if it's not open already), double click on Bluetooth, right click on the Bluetooth Adapter then click Disable or Enable

This way you can stop and start the Bluetooth Adapter from searching for devices at your convenience.

Bud935, Aug 13, 2015
  9. topgundcp Win User
    If you have no use for it then go into the BIOS. Under "Peripheral Devices" and disable Blue Tooth there then Windows won't even see it.

topgundcp, Aug 13, 2015
  10. dcmarsh Win User
    From what I can tell, it disables the bluetooth device rather than the chip. You need to set up your normal bluetooth device first. Once you have got the device paired, the setting will appear.

The fastest way to then disable and re-enable that I can find at the moment is to:

Double click on the bluetooth icon in the notification area on the taskbar

Turn the selector on or off. I use this method a lot.

If anyone knows of a faster method I would love to know. I use a pure Jongo system over Bluetooth but like to switch back to the internal speakers for movies/skype.

dcmarsh, Sep 1, 2015
  11. WhyMe Win User
    This +1

WhyMe, Sep 2, 2015
  12. parth Win User
    There are videos on YouTube showing to turn the Bluetooth off using 'turn off' buttons in Bluetooth settings, but I have found none in my device (screenshot):

parth, Sep 27, 2015
  13. Berton Win User

The Bluetooth device can just be ignored unless there are devices close by such as mice, keyboards, cellphones, etc., that can communicate to the computer [usually less than about 10 meters] or it can be disabled in Device Manager. It should be noted that Bluetooth on Notebooks is usually part of the Wi-Fi adapter, manually turning off Wi-Fi also turns off Bluetooth, I have 4 Notebooks that work that way, an HP, 2 Dells and a MacBook Pro. A Bluetooth dongle can be purchased for Desktops or if wishing to add it to a non-equipped Notebook.

Berton, Sep 27, 2015
  14. parth Win User
    Thank Berton. Your message makes me feel that i need not to worry about that issue. Thank You *Smile

parth, Sep 28, 2015
  15. Berton Win User
    You're welcome. Just keep in mind that Bluetooth devices have to be Paired to the computer to be useful.

Berton, Sep 28, 2015
Thema:

1. How to turn Bluetooth Off in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - turn Bluetooth Off

2. "Bluetooth is turned off"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Bluetooth is turned off": My bluetooth says it is turned off but there is no button to turn it back on, and I have updated all of my drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled, made sure all of my bluetooth services are switched to automatic and running, all while restarting my computer each time, and yet...
  3. "Bluetooth is turned off"

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Bluetooth is turned off": My bluetooth says it is turned off but there is no button to turn it back on, and I have updated all of my drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled, made sure all of my bluetooth services are switched to automatic and running, all while restarting my computer each time, and yet...
  4. How to turn off bluetooth on inactivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off bluetooth on inactivity: Hi, Is there a way to make bluetooth automatically turn off on Windows 11 when it isn't connected to any device for a period of time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-bluetooth-on-inactivity/5b08b37c-46b5-475b-b30e-1d70563426fb
  5. How to turn off bluetooth on inactivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off bluetooth on inactivity: Hi, Is there a way to make bluetooth automatically turn off on Windows 11 when it isn't connected to any device for a period of time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-bluetooth-on-inactivity/5b08b37c-46b5-475b-b30e-1d70563426fb
  6. "Bluetooth is turned off"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Bluetooth is turned off": Hi there, So I was playing a game on my PC at around 6:30 pm now 7:41 pm and I got a notification to install a Windows 10 update. So I downloaded the update, my PC restarted and when it launched back up, my Bluetooth devices were disconnected. With the message showing...
  7. "Bluetooth is turned off"

"Bluetooth is turned off": Hello, last night I was using my Bluetooth speaker, and later my Bluetooth headphones, all the way until midnight with no issue whatsoever. This morning when I woke up, I tried turning on my speaker again but it wouldn't connect to my computer. I checked my Bluetooth settings...
  8. Bluetooth is Turned Off

Bluetooth is Turned Off: When i tried to Pair my Wireless Headphone, my Notebook Shows "Bluetooth is turned Off". And whe i go to Device manager to Fix that, it Shows "WIndows has stopped this Device Because it has Reported a Problem Code 43". I've Already Run a Troubleshoot for Bluetooth and it...
  9. Windows 10 Bluetooth is turned off, Bluetooth turns its self off and I can't turn it on

Windows 10 Bluetooth is turned off, Bluetooth turns its self off and I can't turn it on: Hi I have an ongoing intermittent issue with Windows 10 (up to date and feature 1803) and Bluetooth in which my Bluetooth will turn off / disappear when using my Dell Precision 7520 laptop so my Bluetooth mouse stops working. This happens once a month or so and after...
  10. Turn On or Off Bluetooth in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Bluetooth in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Bluetooth in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Bluetooth Wireless Communication in Windows 10 Bluetooth is a short range wireless technology which enables wireless data transmission between two Bluetooth enabled devices located nearby each other....