Windows 10: How to turn brightness up or down, five levels at a time?

Discus and support How to turn brightness up or down, five levels at a time? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I hate how I have to continuously press the brightness 50 times to get it to where I want it. Is there a way I can change it to go up or down in fives?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by L4gging, Oct 30, 2015.

1. L4gging Win User

How to turn brightness up or down, five levels at a time?

I hate how I have to continuously press the brightness 50 times to get it to where I want it. Is there a way I can change it to go up or down in fives? Or can I at least change it so I can hold the button down and it will keep going until I release it?

:)

L4gging, Oct 30, 2015

2. Windows 10: Brightness Settings

The troubleshooting steps above fixed my problem, which was that the screen was too dim while brightness level was stuck at max level. Proper brightness is now restored and responds to my up or down commands...

GianniZanini, Oct 30, 2015
  3. Windows 10 upgrade Affected Brightness Adjustments

How come my display monitor turned into full bright after having Windows 10?

After installing (upgraded from Windows 8.1) to Windows 10, display of my laptop monitor became too bright. I tried lowering the level by adjusting the control (fn and brightness icon) but even if I move the level from lowest to highest, no change in the
    brightness level occurs. I also tried adjusting the brightness level through the advanced power settings feature. This did not change anything. Prior to installing Windows 10, my brightness control level was working. How do I resolve this issue?

BGobencion, Oct 30, 2015
  4. Gary Win User

5. Ztruker Win User
    Press and hold the keys down until it's as bright or dim as you want.

Ztruker, Oct 31, 2015
  6. L4gging Win User
    I don't think that is what I'm talking about, I just want to be able to make my screen brighter or dark with "FN + F3 or F2" quicker then pressing the same button 50+ times

L4gging, Oct 31, 2015
  7. L4gging Win User
    If I do that it only moves up or down one level, I have held the button down to turn the brightness up for 10+ seconds but it only moves up one level

L4gging, Oct 31, 2015
  8. Ztruker Win User

Sorry, works on both my laptops.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to turn brightness up or down, five levels at a time? - Similar Threads - turn brightness down

2. Windows 11 turning up and down volume/brightness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 turning up and down volume/brightness: I have recently updated to windows 11 Version 22H2, and don't like how the sound and volume is now represented at the bottom of the screen above the taskbar, instead of being in the top left corner. How do i make it so that it appears in the top left corner like it used to?...
  3. Windows 11 turning up and down volume/brightness

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 turning up and down volume/brightness: I have recently updated to windows 11 Version 22H2, and don't like how the sound and volume is now represented at the bottom of the screen above the taskbar, instead of being in the top left corner. How do i make it so that it appears in the top left corner like it used to?...
  4. Turn volume down 1 level at a time? (Windows Media Player)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turn volume down 1 level at a time? (Windows Media Player): Is there a way to make Windows Media Player turn down 1 level at a time instead of in increments on 5, 6, 7? (Whenever I press F10 to turn down the volume it goes to 100 to 95 then 89. I want to make it 1 at a time, so 100 then 99 and so on.) submitted by /u/idekfml...
  5. How to turn down TTS's default volume levels?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to turn down TTS's default volume levels?: I hear Discord's TTS uses the TTS of Windows 10. Sometimes I use the /tts command in text channels to communicate with friends we're in a voice channel with. If one of them finds that the voice that reads my text-to-speech is too loud, how would they go about lowering? From...
  6. brightness cant be turned down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    brightness cant be turned down: after the new version I couldn't turn down my brightness https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-cant-be-turned-down/efd29d9e-98b7-4273-9ba9-81031c1f3a56
  7. Brightness Level

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness Level: I have an issue where i try to change my brightness by sliding it to the number i want but it is not working, plz help me fix this issue, i even tried updating my graphics card its still not working...
  8. Brightness level decreasing everytime I turn it to max.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness level decreasing everytime I turn it to max.: Hi, so I have opened my pc and somehow my brightness is in 0% percent, I tried changing it to max but it goes back to 0. I have no light sensor. I did everything, i searched on the web but my brightness just wont go back to max, whenever i put it on max the brightness control...
  9. brightness level locked at lowest level

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    brightness level locked at lowest level: I am completely unable to change the brightness level. i have uninstalled/reinstalled drivers, rebooted in excess of 20 times, i still cant change it in safe mode. is there any way to fix this, or am I going to have to waste hours of time reinstalling the most buggy OS ever...
  10. Application showing up five times in the system tray

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application showing up five times in the system tray: Hello, Well as you can see in the screenshot Vuze is running, up 5 times apparently! It isn't obviously, and I can only right click on the icon on the lower right, but this is annoying. Any ideas of how to resolve it? [img] 12200