Windows 10: How to turn off Flight Mode on a desktop PC

Discus and support How to turn off Flight Mode on a desktop PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. How do you turn of "flight mode" in win 10 pro? I have a PC/desktop. 71182 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Trond, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Trond Win User

How to turn off Flight Mode on a desktop PC

Hi.

How do you turn of "flight mode" in win 10 pro? I have a PC/desktop.

:)

Trond, Nov 29, 2016

2. Winows 10 flight mode toggle switch will not lock in off position

computer hp pavilion dv4 model 1100ea.

on the desktop the flight mode button shows it is live.

Having loaded 10 after original vista the flight mode toggle switch will not turn off and lock-when switching the switch moves but will not lock in the off position also when clicking on the icon on the desktop the flight mode icon shows the flight mode
    is switched on

Managed to get internet connected by shutting down, removing and refitting the battery and restarting but still the flight mode toggle switch and desktop item still show flight mode is switched on.

whiteknight34, Nov 29, 2016
  3. Flight Mode won't turn off Windows 10

Hi, my Toshiba Satellite laptop is on Windows 10 Home.

I have turned the Flight Mode off in the Settings but each time I turn my laptop on, the Flight Mode, in the Action Centre, is turned on. I go and check the settings and it is still set as OFF. How is this happening?

I have to keep turning it off in the Action Centre, which drops my internet connection for a bit until it connects again and Flight Mode stays off.

I want to know how to get this Flight Mode staying OFF in the Action Centre when I have set it to OFF in the Settings, each time I log on, please.

Many thanks.

Ŝɧɛℓℓɛγ, Nov 29, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, I guess you've researched this apparent absurdity:

Ideas posted:
    1. Go to your FN button and your Print Screen Press them both together and hold them Both Down together then go to your print screen and delete it then go to your airplane mode and turn it off it work for me and it should work for you airplane mode is off.
    but desktop keyboards don't usually have Fn buttons

2. If you have a UPS attached to your machine with USB, that can cause Windows 10 to assume you are on a portable device and thus require Flight Mode. Disconnect you the USB connection to your UPS (if any)3. Use Powerchute: Quite often in your scenario the Airplane Mode bug is triggered by having a UPS data cable connected to your computer. In that circumstance Airplane Mode can be removed by either unplugging the data cable or installing the UPS data management software (eg. -Powerchute for APC, etc. etc.)Comment by some this didn't work

4. Registry

Here I offer this as possibly useful info. If I turn Flight mode ON on my laptop, this is the change I see in the registry during the monitoring period:
    Flight Mode.zip
    I suggest the entry
    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\RadioManagement\SystemRadioState\: 0x00000000
    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\RadioManagement\SystemRadioState\: 0x00000001
    may be of interest.

As to its relevance or existence in a desktop, I can't comment, but you could, cautiously, experiment.

dalchina, Nov 29, 2016
Thema:

1. How to turn off Flight Mode on a desktop PC - Similar Threads - turn off Flight

2. how to turn off airplane mode on a desktop pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to turn off airplane mode on a desktop pc: how to turn off airplane mode on a desktop pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-airplane-mode-on-a-desktop-pc/0042d576-532e-4367-a32f-83be96888109
  3. how to turn off airplane mode on a desktop pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to turn off airplane mode on a desktop pc: how to turn off airplane mode on a desktop pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-airplane-mode-on-a-desktop-pc/0042d576-532e-4367-a32f-83be96888109
  4. how to turn off airplane mode on a desktop pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't turn off airplane mode on a Windows 10 desktop PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't turn off airplane mode on a Windows 10 desktop PC: I've read all the obsolete text offered here and there...but all is 4 and 5 years old stuff...and a waste of time. My issue is online gaming. Things like 'World of Tanks', 'World of Warships' and others will not connect. I'm getting things like ' Unable to connect to the...
  6. Flight Mode will not switch off

Flight Mode will not switch off: Hi, Power up laptop today wanting to sue it wirelessly But Flight Mode is on. I have not selected it but It will not switch off. Laptop is a Dell E6440. Win 10 has all updates as far as I am aware. Any ideas....
  7. `Flight Mode will not turn off`

`Flight Mode will not turn off`: Has a solution to the "Flight Mode will not turn off" problem or do I scrap my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flight-mode-will-not-turn-off/ca58e285-3b8f-40cd-bfb0-0c25e2b58145
  8. flight mode won't turn off

flight mode won't turn off: I accidentally hit the airplane icon and now flight mode will not shut off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flight-mode-wont-turn-off/c5ec7086-a490-4df3-adbd-0af30daffa31
  9. flight mode unable to turn off

flight mode unable to turn off: In windows10 64 bit, computer toggle on f2 functions correctly, but in control, settings, will always revert to flight mode with no way of overriding this, machine asus sonic master purchased Dec 2017. Any ideas?...
  10. [Desktop] Airplane Mode will not turn off.

[Desktop] Airplane Mode will not turn off.: I have seen a couple other threads but none that match my specific situation. I have a desktop computer with built in WiFi and Bluetooth. I have installed the latest drivers from the MFG website (ASUS ROG Maximus VII Formula). The problem is that Airplane mode will not...