Windows 10: how to turn off random news storys

Discus and support how to turn off random news storys in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all Iv just picked up a HP pavilion x2 and with in 5min, windows 10 is annoying the hell out me. I keep getting random news storys coming through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ozz1243, Jan 1, 2016.

1. ozz1243 Win User

how to turn off random news storys

Hi all
    Iv just picked up a HP pavilion x2 and with in 5min, windows 10 is annoying the hell out me. I keep getting random news storys coming through the speakers every 5min. it keeps telling me now that 50 cent has robbed$250,000 of jew (then cuts off mid word) so i dont even know what he robbed which makes it even worse

how do i turn it off

:)

ozz1243, Jan 1, 2016
  2. Martin79 Win User

How do I turn of Cortana news notifications

All of a sudden Cortana has started telling me about new stories by playing a sound and showing a toast.

How do I turn that off?

Martin79, Jan 1, 2016
  3. How to turn off, My news feed

Hi Robert,

To turn off news feed in Internet Explorer, we suggest you refer to David Vinod's reply on October 13, 2011 on this

thread

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Jan 1, 2016
  4. bobkn Win User

I don't know.

My guess is that it's some crapware HP has provided. My Windows 10 installations don't do that.

bobkn, Jan 2, 2016
  5. ozz1243 Win User
    think it was that copy of firefox i downloaded, restore point fixed it.

ozz1243, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. how to turn off random news storys - Similar Threads - turn off random

2. HOW TO TURN OFF NEWS FEED AND WIDGETS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW TO TURN OFF NEWS FEED AND WIDGETS?: This method: Right click anywhere in the taskbarClick over 'News and Interests'DOES NOT WORK BECAUSE THERE IS NO NEWS AND INTEREST SECTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GIVE ME THE SOLUTION PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
  3. HOW TO TURN OFF NEWS FEED AND WIDGETS?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW TO TURN OFF NEWS FEED AND WIDGETS?: This method: Right click anywhere in the taskbarClick over 'News and Interests'DOES NOT WORK BECAUSE THERE IS NO NEWS AND INTEREST SECTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GIVE ME THE SOLUTION PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
  4. HOW TO TURN OFF NEWS FEED AND WIDGETS?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Weather is not refresh in taskbar and how to completely turn off breaking news in News and...

Weather is not refresh in taskbar and how to completely turn off breaking news in News and...: After install KB5017380, 7 days ago is not refresh and also breaking news.I suggest how to completely turn off breaking news [also hightlights] during click weather on taskbar but no way to disable because increase CPU and RAM.My Windows 10 version 19044.2075....
  6. News and Interests Widget - turn off News Card?

News and Interests Widget - turn off News Card?: I'm intrigued by the "News and Interests" widget that's appeared in Windows 10, but I'm looking for help controlling it. It seems I can toggle on/off many of the "cards" - weather, sports, traffic - but not the "news feed". That's the only one I *DONT* want - I'm not...
  7. How to turn off the top news in the start menu

How to turn off the top news in the start menu: Right click the bottom barPick News and InterestClick Turn OffRestart PC, you will not see the Top News Icon again.You can delete the app, but the same Top News Icon will show up. The above method works....
  8. How to turn off News icon

How to turn off News icon: I was sitting next to a friend as she was using my Surface Pro 6. Just as she was moving the mouse near the taskbar she sneezed and clicked the mouse. A yellow round icon appeared on the taskbar. If I click on it, it appears to be some sort news feed. How do I turn it off and...
  9. News Freezes When Selecting a News Story

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    News Freezes When Selecting a News Story: I reinstalled Windows 10 after upgrading my laptop with an SSD this weekend. No real issues except for News. The program seems to open normally, but consistently freezes whenever I select any story to read. 1. Updated News from Store 2. Uninstalled from Apps and...
  10. How to turn off "news" notifications?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to turn off "news" notifications?: Hey, Is there a way to turn off the notifications that pop up in my right lower corner of the screen or even better to choose what type of notifications show up there? Last night I noticed some sort of News headline about the gunfire in Ferguson Missouri but I don't...