Windows 10: How to turn off the search feature after clicking both the left and ri

Discus and support How to turn off the search feature after clicking both the left and ri in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The title pretty much says it all, every time I click a link to open it in a new tab with both buttons on my laptop the search menu opens up which get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bizarre48, Jul 30, 2015.

1. bizarre48 Win User

How to turn off the search feature after clicking both the left and ri

The title pretty much says it all, every time I click a link to open it in a new tab with both buttons on my laptop the search menu opens up which get pretty annoying. Any idea on how to disable it? Thanks.

:)

bizarre48, Jul 30, 2015

2. How do you turn off indexing in Windows 10

how do you shut of indexing in Windows 10? I have gone to control panel, switched to large icons view and clicked on Programs and Features, then i click on the Turn Windows features on or off hyperlink on the left panel but when I scrolled down the list
    Windows Search wasn't there.

JanetRumrill, Jul 30, 2015
  3. WHen I ran the last update my internet explorer disappeared-Help

Hi Suzy,

It is possible that this feature was turned off after the updates. Please follow the steps listed below to turn on this feature and check the results:

• In the Search box, type Control Panel.
    • From the search results, click on Control Panel to run the app.
    • Tap the Program and Features icon.
    • In the left pane, click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    • Select Yes if prompted by the UAC.
    • Look for Internet Explorer and check the box next to it to turn it on.
    • Restart your PC if prompted to finish turning this feature on.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Jul 30, 2015
  4. How to turn off the search feature after clicking both the left and ri

Not a laptop user, but what buttons are you using to open in new tab?

MortTheBeast, Jul 30, 2015
  5. bizarre48 Win User
    The left and right buttons right under the touchpad, its something I'm used to using to disabling it to open the search would be great.

bizarre48, Jul 30, 2015
  6. Sent you a private message...

MortTheBeast, Jul 30, 2015
  7. bizarre48 Win User
    Hey sorry it won't let me PM you back but it didn't work. Thanks for trying anyways.

bizarre48, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How to turn off the search feature after clicking both the left and ri

1. How to turn off the search feature after clicking both the left and ri - Similar Threads - turn off search

2. how do I disable the tapping feature as a left click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I disable the tapping feature as a left click: A heavy hand I am click on items all the time, I have two perfectly good left and right mouse buttons. the track pad should be used as a mouse pointer and not a button. how do you disable the clicking or selection option....
  3. how do I disable the tapping feature as a left click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I disable the tapping feature as a left click: A heavy hand I am click on items all the time, I have two perfectly good left and right mouse buttons. the track pad should be used as a mouse pointer and not a button. how do you disable the clicking or selection option....
  4. Right Click, clicks both left and right at the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right Click, clicks both left and right at the same time: Despite no setting in the settings app, or my mice's own app, when I try to click right, it also clicks left at the same time as it's clicking right. This results in the right button being mostly rendered useless....
  5. Right Click, clicks both left and right at the same time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right Click, clicks both left and right at the same time: Despite no setting in the settings app, or my mice's own app, when I try to click right, it also clicks left at the same time as it's clicking right. This results in the right button being mostly rendered useless....
  6. Right Click, clicks both left and right at the same time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Right click acts like left click - both with touchpad and mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Right click acts like left click - both with touchpad and mouse: I have a Surface Pro 7 which is about 3 months old along with an Arc Touch mouse purchased at the same time. I have been experiencing an intermittent, strange problem that starts and stops on its own. Right-clicking either the mouse or the touchpad acts like a left click....
  8. How to turn off auto expand feature on left panel at start menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to turn off auto expand feature on left panel at start menu?: Please tell how can I turn off the auto expand feature in the left side folders panel at start menu? Last time I was told that I have to uninstall the latest updates from windows update but I want to turn off that particular feature only and keep all the other updates. So...
  9. How do I turn off this feature?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I turn off this feature?: I recently updated my latptop from Windows 8 to 10. There's a feature that's annoying me but I don't know what it's called or how to turn it off. Sometimes when I'm scrolling up or down a page it'll suddenly bring me to a screen that shows all my open windows as small...
  10. Sign in for family features - how to turn off

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sign in for family features - how to turn off: Hi, my daughter has a sign in box coming up all the time on her laptop - Sign in for family features - can we get rid of this please? In fact, is there a way to not to be registered for Microsoft family at all? Lucie...