Windows 10: how to turn off touchpad on PCA cambio???????????????????

Discus and support how to turn off touchpad on PCA cambio??????????????????? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I can't type on the cambiIto without engaging the touchpad. It's almost useless for writing emails.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mccavity, Jul 12, 2018.

1. mccavity Win User

how to turn off touchpad on PCA cambio???????????????????

I can't type on the cambiIto without engaging the touchpad. It's almost useless for writing emails.

:)

mccavity, Jul 12, 2018

2. turn off touchpad

Thanks for trying I downloaded driver for touchpad, followed the steps you listed but it did not solve the problem - When I get to the last tab for the software, there is no checkbox for "disable touchpad if mouse is attached." I can completely disable the
    touchpad by system, and you, advised against this so at least I had the warning not to completely disable touchpad. I have tried the other options suggested but to no avail. Frustrating!

MonetteIrwin, Jul 12, 2018
  3. nxavis9 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Jul 12, 2018
  4. Pawan1709 Win User

Turning off the touchpad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

• Are you using an Administrator or a standard account?

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue.

• Click on Start icon.

• Go to Settings.

• Select “Devices.”

• Click on “Mouse & touchpad”.

• Select “Related settings”.

• Open the "Smart Gesture" icon.

• Click on the "Mouse Detection" tab.

• Put a check mark in the "Disable Touchpad when mouse is plugged in" square box.
    You may also use the switch on the keyboard to disable the touchpad.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan1709, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

1. how to turn off touchpad on PCA cambio??????????????????? - Similar Threads - turn off touchpad

2. On a HP Laptop, how to turn off touchpad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On a HP Laptop, how to turn off touchpad?: I have seen some Youtube videos on turning off the touchpad for Windows 11, but I do not have a on/off toggle in Settings? All I see is touchpad sensitivity. I want to turn off the touchpad altogether....
  3. On a HP Laptop, how to turn off touchpad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    On a HP Laptop, how to turn off touchpad?: I have seen some Youtube videos on turning off the touchpad for Windows 11, but I do not have a on/off toggle in Settings? All I see is touchpad sensitivity. I want to turn off the touchpad altogether....
  4. how to turn off touchpad?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to turn off touchpad?: I have a Dell Inspiron laptop. I previously found a program which allowed me to turn off the touchpad, in favor of a mouse. A windows update deleted this option. I now cannot find any information in Windows 10, or even the internet to allow me to turn off the mouse. Would...
  5. How to turn off Touchpad on my MSi

How to turn off Touchpad on my MSi: I have tried every thing and it still will not turn off. I have gone into Device Options and uninstalled it and it keeps coming back. Please help me get rid of it. It is driving me crazy....
  6. Turning off TouchPad

Turning off TouchPad: So I ran a Windows update and now I can't turn off the TouchPad. When I go Control Panel > Hardware > Mouse and click Touch Pad there is NO "disable TouchPad when mouse plugged in" box like before. After 30 minutes of searching I give up, so here I am asking for help....
  7. Turning off touchpad

Turning off touchpad: months ago I finally figured out how to turn off my touchpad which moves the cursor while I type and causes all sorts of mistakes; suddenly, it's back on again and I can't turn it off; I've even uninstalled it but that doesn't work; the button for "disable" in the settings is...
  8. Turning Off TouchPad

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turning Off TouchPad: Since receiving the most recent Windows 10 update my touchpad has become activated which is very annoying when using the keyboard. I prefer to use a mouse. The Setting for turning off the touchpad is no longer present nor the button on the toolbar. I tried uninstalling the...
  9. How to turn off touchpad in windows 10

How to turn off touchpad in windows 10: How do I turn off the touchpad in Windows 10. I prefer the trackpoint and the touchpad interferes with using the keyboard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-touchpad-in-windows-10/f66702da-77da-46f0-8373-1ec64d0f101b
  10. turning off the touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    turning off the touchpad: I am using a HP laptop with windows 10. I am using a wireless mouse and used to be able to turnoff the touchpad when using the mouse. I can't find where to. I am using a Microsoft wireless mouse....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. touchpad off cambio