Windows 10: How to turn on firewall Win 10 Pro 64bit

Discus and support How to turn on firewall Win 10 Pro 64bit in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Been using Bitdefender Firewall for years...but I need to disable Bitdefender and re-enable Windows firewall. Bitdefender FW disabled but can't get... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by trinaz, Oct 27, 2016.

1. trinaz Win User

How to turn on firewall Win 10 Pro 64bit

Been using Bitdefender Firewall for years...but I need to disable Bitdefender and re-enable Windows firewall. Bitdefender FW disabled but can't get Windows FW to enable

Can not find suggestion that works to turn Windows 10 Pro firewall back on ?

Thanks...TiminAz

:)

trinaz, Oct 27, 2016
  2. RickAZYE Win User

How to get a copy of the correct edition of Windows 10

Original Title: win 10 pro 64bit

I did a free upgrade from win 7 pro 64bit to win 10 pro 64bit quite a while ago. I want to do a clean install so I am trying to download a copy of win 10 pro 64bit to a dvd using the media creation tool, but win 10 pro is not on the list, only win
    10, win 10 home, and win 10 N. It shows on my systems page that I am running win 10 pro 64bit. How can I get a copy of the correct edition?

RickAZYE, Oct 27, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Gives Firewall-Turned-Off Notification on Every Boot

I am running Windows 10 Pro 64bit with Bitdefender firewall and antivirus. On every boot, I get a notification that both my Windows firewall and Bitdefender firewall are turned off. When I click on the notification, I get another small window asking
    if I want to start Windows firewall or the Bitdefender firewall. Clicking to start Bitdefender, I'm asked if I want to let it make changes to my computer. Clicking yes closes all. How do I stop this other than turning off the notifications? I'd like to
    know when there's really no firewall running.

RobertLongford, Oct 27, 2016
  4. Whatphoeb Win User

Whatphoeb, Oct 27, 2016
  5. I think you can uninstall bitdefender first than you can activate windows firewall
    so pls visit below url to uninstall bitdefender

Uninstall Consumer Paid

bluviaggiatore, Oct 27, 2016
  6. trinaz Win User
    Thanks all...ran through the above suggestions...no problems in applying permissions...but same issues as in new jpg attached ?...Had previously uninstalled Bitdefender so don't see how that could be an issue ? Windows Defender is currently running but still have no firewall protection at this point
    ??

Can not manually turn firewall on so far...

Thanks TiminAz

trinaz, Oct 27, 2016
  7. Bree New Member
    Your last screenshot says 'Restart the Windows Firewall Service'. Check Services and make sure it it's set to Automatic. It may have been set to Disabled by Bitdefender and not reset when you disabled Bitdefender.

How to turn on firewall Win 10 Pro 64bit [​IMG]

8. trinaz Win User

Reset services to automatic previously...didn't help tho....

trinaz, Oct 28, 2016
  9. TairikuOkami, Oct 28, 2016
  10. trinaz Win User
    Success !!!

To all who helped on this...my problem has been completely corrected...but I can't say 'solved'...since I don't know exactly what happened. What I did is go back to a complete Acronis tib system backup of my Windows Pro C: drive system from July 1, 2016

After start up...I just left everything alone and low and behold...everything...including Anniversary Update, downloaded and installed without a hitch. Last 24 hours of testing/using also went without a hitch...Updates - Firewall issues gone - and all my accessories and options respond and are working fine...even Cortana is zipping along.

Obviously immediately saved another current Acronis image and backed that up twice to two different drives ?
    Wish I could report what worked...but glad I'm up and running with (so far) a new Win 10 Pro 64bit system and Anniversary update that is functioning great !!

Many thanks to all that helped....

TiminAz

trinaz, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to turn on firewall Win 10 Pro 64bit - Similar Threads - turn firewall Pro

2. Upgrade from Win7 Pro 64bit to Win 10 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Win7 Pro 64bit to Win 10 Home: 1.I have Win 7 Pro 64bit installed on this computer. I have a genuine product code.2.I wish to upgrade to Win 10 , preferrably without having to reload programs, email provider or Firefox. Is this still a free service? How do I do this?3.I wish to connect the upgraded...
  3. Cannot upgrade from win 10 pro 32bit to 64bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot upgrade from win 10 pro 32bit to 64bit: Hello,I recently "upgraded" my PC from Core 2 duo E6300 to Dual core E6700. and also got new ram sticks total up to 8gb ddr2. I am running win 10pro 32bit currently but due to the limitation of the operating system only 3.2gb of RAM is usable and the processor is stuck at...
  4. Win 10 Firewall

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 Firewall: Just want some clarification regarding win 10 firewall, public, domain and private. Do all three need to be turned "on" or can we just disable everything except private, or does it not even matter? Only reason I ask is lately I noticed some bad latency in games going from...
  5. Win 10 Pro 1909 64bit setup error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Pro 1909 64bit setup error: downloaded win 10 pro 1909, ran setup.exe, got error message autorun.dll could not be loaded or is corrupt setup cannot continue. error code [0x7E]. any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks for your help in advance....
  6. How can I upgrade my Win 10 64bit home ed to Win 10 64bit pro?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can I upgrade my Win 10 64bit home ed to Win 10 64bit pro?: I want to upgrade my Win 10 64bit home ed to Win 10 64bit pro, can it be done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-upgrade-my-win-10-64bit-home-ed-to-win/b70e49ce-e3da-4f0a-9725-9af0db3ac449"
  7. I am having trouble with Win 10, 64bit Pro.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am having trouble with Win 10, 64bit Pro.: I am having trouble with Win 10, 64bit Pro. It loads fine, but there is no video at the end of loading the opening screen, just black raster. I have reloaded the programs from DVD and USB media with the same result. However, when I start it in 'safe mode' all appears well,...
  8. Geninstallere Win 10 Pro 64bit

Geninstallere Win 10 Pro 64bit: Jeg fik opdateret min win7pro og optog backop med acronic. Min computer blev muligvis infecteret med virus så jeg slettede alt og omformaterede alle 3 harddiske på computeren Indsatte min recovery disk men halvvejs igennem installeringen af backkopen stoppede den og sagde...
  9. Compatibility Of my hardware for Win 10 Pro 64bit upgrade

Compatibility Of my hardware for Win 10 Pro 64bit upgrade: Ok everyone I'm an 74yo bloke who is very cautious in what I do. I have been running Win 7 Pro 64 bit Sp1 since about Nov 2009. The time has come for me to venture into the world of Win 10m Pro 64bit but before I do I want it goes as hassle free as possible. Before I venture...
  10. Win 10 Pro 64bit constantly downloading something at 64Mbs

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Pro 64bit constantly downloading something at 64Mbs: Help!!!! Win 10 is constantly downloading "something" at 64Mbs and using up all my allotted bandwidth. This has been happening every day for hours at a time. In Task Manager, it looks like 'svchost' is accepting the download but I don't know what application it's going to...