Windows 10: How to turn on Thumbnail Preview in File Explorer

Discus and support How to turn on Thumbnail Preview in File Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How to I turn on Thumbnail Preview for my JPEG 's in File Exploere? 15850 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BillS22, Aug 12, 2015.

1. BillS22 Win User

How to turn on Thumbnail Preview in File Explorer

How to I turn on Thumbnail Preview for my JPEG 's in File Exploere?

:)

BillS22, Aug 12, 2015
  2. Rose Ter Win User

Picture preview at Windows 10

Hi Chan,

If File Explorer is not showing thumbnail previews for photos in Windows 10, You may try out the following solutions:

Check if thumbnail preview supported view is turned on

Make sure that you have turned on the thumbnail preview supported view for the folder where you have your photos. Note that every folder can have its own view setting, and when you change the view, it won’t be applied to all
    the folders on your PC.

To turn on thumbnail preview supported view, click on the View tab, and then click on one of the following views: Extra-large icons, Large icons, Medium icons, Tiles, Content.

Check if thumbnails are disabled

When thumbnails are turned off, the File Explorer displays icons of the default program for the file type instead of the thumbnail preview. You may try these steps:

• Open up File Explorer. Click the File menu and then click Change folder and search options to open Folder Options. If a file is selected in the particular folder, you might see just Options instead of Change folder and search options. Clicking Options
      will also open Folder Options.
    • Switch to the View tab. Under Advanced settings section, uncheck the option labeled Always show icons, never thumbnails, and then click Apply button
      to enable thumbnails in Windows Explorer.

Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Aug 12, 2015
  3. Rohn007 Win User
    Rohn007, Aug 12, 2015
  4. Rocky Win User

Once you go to your file that contains a collection of photos, just click on the top tab that says "VIEW" and then click on the medium icon, or large icon or extra large icon or what ever size you want. That should work.

Rocky, Aug 12, 2015
  5. Rocky Win User
    Did that work for you. Let me know if it did

Rocky, Aug 12, 2015
  6. BillS22 Win User
    Sorry Rocky. Yes thank you. It did.

BillS22, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to turn on Thumbnail Preview in File Explorer - Similar Threads - turn Thumbnail Preview

2. How To Turn Off Thumbnail Preview in Task Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    How To Turn Off Thumbnail Preview in Task Bar: I refer to this question: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-taskbar-thumbnail-previews/7439e434-66ca-40f5-a653-ca847bd465a1 and similar.No one of the posted answers work.My question:How to disable RELIABLE the thumbnail preview so only the list...
  3. Pictures not displaying thumbnail previews in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pictures not displaying thumbnail previews in File Explorer: I recently bought a laptop with Windows 10, having decided to move away from Apple MacBook. This has proven to be a disaster. I use my laptop as I edit photos and graphic design content. However it is proving an impossible task to do this as all of my saved files won't...
  4. Image Thumbnails and Preview no longer loading in File Explorer

Image Thumbnails and Preview no longer loading in File Explorer: As of earlier today I noticed that newly downloaded images are not displaying their thumbnails. Went online to look for solutions, looks like a lot of users are having this problem but very few have had offered solutions that aren't completely generic or pulled from a Third...
  5. File explorer thumbnails show no preview for videos

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer thumbnails show no preview for videos: Hi all, I just built a pc and installed Windows 10. I have been working on Macs for years now so there is a bit of a learning curve. I usually do video editing but have run into a problem. Typically when I go to finder, Mac's version of file explorer, I see a thumbnail with a...
  6. How to preview pictures with thumbnail while exploring files

How to preview pictures with thumbnail while exploring files: I am unable to preview images in a file. We just updated our Virtual Machines and I am no longer able to look through my photos with a small preview pane. I've looked online for a solution to this, but I don't have the option to "uncheck" Always show icons, never thumbnails:...
  7. File Explorer Thumbnail Preview Spacing

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Thumbnail Preview Spacing: Greetings, I've recently switched from Windows 7 to 10 and I've noticed a behavior that I was curious about. If possible, I'd like to remedy it, but Google searching doesn't really yield any meaningful results. Here's the issue I'm seeing. If I set Windows to show thumbnail...
  8. Thumbnail Previews on File Explorer aren't showing

Thumbnail Previews on File Explorer aren't showing: I've tried everything for fixing this. Clearing the cache of the thumbnails, unchecking the always show icons not thumbnails, and a lot of the things online. I still can't find a solution. One thing I might think it might be is that the thumbnails arent loading which I...
  9. Windows Explorer thumbnail preview file types

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer thumbnail preview file types: What file types Windows Explorer is capable of showing thumbnail previews of in the latest Windows 10 versions? Today mine is 1809 (17763.195). I mean all kinds of files: documents, images, videos, etc.—without the need of third-party programs, plug-ins, extensions, etc....
  10. Preview Bar Displaying WRONG Thumbnails in the File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Preview Bar Displaying WRONG Thumbnails in the File Explorer: My laptop is displaying the wrong thumbnails after i upgrade to windows 10. When you open the file explorer and preview an file the next file your going to preview will be same thumbnail to the first one even the other files. Here s an video so i can explain well....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turn on preview file in file explorer

2. can you change thumbnail on file explorer

3. turn on preview in file explorer

4. how to get thumbnails turned on in file explorer,
  5. turn on thumbnail preview file explorer,
  6. how to change thumbnail file explorer