Windows 10: How to turn on windows 10 hotspot remotely using bluetooth

Discus and support How to turn on windows 10 hotspot remotely using bluetooth in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an android phone paired up with my windows 10 laptop. How can I turn on the hotspot on my laptop using my android phone via bluetooth? 72768 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by eskawl, Dec 17, 2016.

1. eskawl Win User

How to turn on windows 10 hotspot remotely using bluetooth

I have an android phone paired up with my windows 10 laptop. How can I turn on the hotspot on my laptop using my android phone via bluetooth?

:)

eskawl, Dec 17, 2016

2. [Mobile Hotspot] Turn on remotely. Guide and tips needed.

Hi,

Yes I know how to use Mobile Hotspot. It's being used daily.

What I don't know is how that "Turn on remotely" feature should work.

Bluetooth paired (as guided) device can't find my phone nor turn on my Hotspot.

Janne Lehti, Dec 17, 2016
  3. sadsdsda Win User
    How can I remotely turn on a mobile hotspot?

Hi all! This is an old question that has yet to be answered so I am reposting it here.

How can I remotely turn on a mobile hotspot?

I use the mobile hotspot a lot to share my internet connection through wifi. However, I have never quite figured out how I can use the "Turn on remotely" function.

In my case, I have a Surface Pro 4 and a Dell venue 8 pro, both running Windows 10 x64. They have already been connected by bluetooth. So how can I use my Dell venue 8 pro to turn on the mobile hotspot on the SP4 without me having to reach for the SP4?

Thanks.

sadsdsda, Dec 17, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

You can't.

If your laptop has Windows 10 PRO, you can do it with remote desktop connection, Microsoft's Remote Desktop Connection app for Android free download see Part Seven in this tutorial: RDC - Connect Remotely to your Windows 10 PC

Remote Desktop connection to Windows 10 Home is not supported.

5. eskawl Win User
    So this feature is useless?

How to turn on windows 10 hotspot remotely using bluetooth [​IMG]

eskawl, Dec 17, 2016
  6. Kari Win User
    My previous post is based on my own experience. I have never managed to turn a Windows 10 PC hotspot on from any Android device using anything else than remote desktop connection. On Windows 10 Mobile it works.

You can of course try it, would be nice to know it works. I have nothing against admitting I am wrong, I am just saying that as far as I am concerned this is a feature I've never managed to get working.

7. eskawl Win User
    No offences meant. I was just asking.

eskawl, Dec 17, 2016
  8. Kari Win User

None taken. I mean, this is a new feature in Windows 10 which should work. All I mean when saying it can't be done is based on my own experience. I know I am not the sharpest pencil in a drawer, the reason I can't get it working might just be my own stupidity or inability to understand instructions.

Mentioning remote desktop as a possible workaround is based on the fact that it always works: connect remotely to a Windows 10 PC, turn hotspot on and that's it.

9. eskawl Win User
    IMHO, Remote desktop would surely need internet access in the mobile, which is what I am trying to achieve here.

eskawl, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to turn on windows 10 hotspot remotely using bluetooth - Similar Threads - turn hotspot remotely

2. How to remotely turn on mobile hotspot on Windows11 via bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remotely turn on mobile hotspot on Windows11 via bluetooth: All the help on this topic seems to say in order to enable remote activation of Windows 11 mobile hotspot via a bluetooth device we need to enable the "Turn on Remotely" switch. I am running Windows 11, and I do not see such a switch on the mobile hotspot page. I am able to...
  3. How to remotely turn on mobile hotspot on Windows11 via bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remotely turn on mobile hotspot on Windows11 via bluetooth: All the help on this topic seems to say in order to enable remote activation of Windows 11 mobile hotspot via a bluetooth device we need to enable the "Turn on Remotely" switch. I am running Windows 11, and I do not see such a switch on the mobile hotspot page. I am able to...
  4. How Start Use Remote in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How Start Use Remote in Windows 10: Hi I'm looking for some instructions how use remote connection . There is so many in the internet , difficuilt to choice right one. Any help will be appreciated....
  5. Using windows 10 as a hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using windows 10 as a hotspot: Good day to everyone, I am currently trying to set up windows 10 as a hotspot for my playstation and mobile. However, when i go inot settings it says "we cannot set up a mobile hotspot" when i try to share connections. I have also tried the method using the command...
  6. How to turn on or off Mobile Hotspot remotely in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to turn on or off Mobile Hotspot remotely in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft has added support in Windows 10 for turning Mobile Hotspot remotely on and off. Though the Mobile Hotspot feature (earlier known as Virtual Networks) was introduced with the initial release of Windows 10 this feature was added recently. With [...]...
  7. Hotspot internet using Bluetooth

Hotspot internet using Bluetooth: In Windows 10, when internet hotspot is available on Bluetooth, how do you set your Bluetooth settings to get internet via Bluetooth instead of usual wifi OR SIMULTANEOUSLY BE ABLE TO USE THEM BOTH TO INCREASE EFFICIENCY AND/Or SPEED? There do not appear to be settings for...
  8. Turn on Mobile Hotspot via Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Turn on Mobile Hotspot via Bluetooth: Hi There I am trying to use my Windows 10 Pro laptop to turn on Mobile Hotspot on a Windows 10 Pro Mini PC. Background / Objective: The Mini PC (Kodlix GN41) is connected to a telescope, and is used out in the field. I want to be able to control the telescope from the...
  9. Windows 10 Hotspot "Turn on remotely" from another PC.

Windows 10 Hotspot "Turn on remotely" from another PC.: I am trying to figure out how to remotely enable the Windows 10 hotspot feature from another windows PC (running Windows 10 Pro). I would really like to use this feature, but so far remote enabling it seems impossible. • Both devices are running Windows 10 • Both computers...
  10. Enable or Disable Turn On Mobile Hotspot Remotely in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Turn On Mobile Hotspot Remotely in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Turn On Mobile Hotspot Remotely in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Turn On Mobile Hotspot Remotely in Windows 10 You can turn your Windows 10 PC into a mobile hotspot by sharing your Internet connection with other devices over Wi-Fi. You...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 hotspot turn on remotely

2. windows 10 mobile remote hotspot

3. switch on hotspot via bluetooth in windows 10 steps

4. turn on hotspot windows 10 through bluetooth,
  5. get windows 10 to use iphone bluetooth hotspot,
  6. how to use hotspot windows 10 using bluetooth,
  7. turning on hotspot remotely w10 mobile,
  8. turn on hotspot remotely iphone,
  9. how to turn on hotspot with bluetooth,
  10. windows 10 enable hotspot remotely,
  11. How to turn on windows 10 hotspot remotely using bluetooth,