Windows 10: How to turn this into a exe shortcut?

Discus and support How to turn this into a exe shortcut? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How to turn this into a exe shortcut? Press Windows Key +R on the keyboard to open the Run dialog. Then enter "thunderbird.exe -p" Followed this,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sadicus, Aug 18, 2018.

1. sadicus Win User

How to turn this into a exe shortcut?

Followed this, could not get it to work:
    How to Run Command Prompt Commands from a Windows Shortcut

Code: C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c thunderbird.exe -p[/quote]

:)

sadicus, Aug 18, 2018
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.How to turn this into a exe shortcut? :)

terrace, Aug 18, 2018
  3. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 18, 2018
  4. How to turn this into a exe shortcut?

Hotmail desktop shortcut

Hi Paccomail,

In order for you to make a desktop shortcut to your Hotmail account you may follow the steps below:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop, select New.
    • Select Shortcut.
    • Type the web address in the empty field provided.
    • After creating a new shortcut, a window will appear asking you for the location of the shortcut, type in
      www.hotmail.com.
    • Name the shortcut you just created, name this anything you like (ex. Hotmail or Hotmail Login.)
    • Click Finish.
    • Double-click on the shortcut to check if it is working.

Kindly reply to this thread in order for us to help you.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Aug 18, 2018
Thema:

1. How to turn this into a exe shortcut? - Similar Threads - turn exe shortcut

2. How to turn on search bar shortcuts??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn on search bar shortcuts??: Everytime I try to type a word containing the letter “s”, it either just doesn’t type or when im in a search bar of sorts it pressing the “s” key selects search suggestions. I’ve tried opening shortcuts but I can’t find it anywhere. I’ve also tried troubleshooting my...
  3. How to turn on search bar shortcuts??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn on search bar shortcuts??: Everytime I try to type a word containing the letter “s”, it either just doesn’t type or when im in a search bar of sorts it pressing the “s” key selects search suggestions. I’ve tried opening shortcuts but I can’t find it anywhere. I’ve also tried troubleshooting my...
  4. All my files turned into .exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All my files turned into .exe: Hello. So I've messed up my laptop and every app I open, a message pops up "How do you want to open this file?" and the file was in .exe. It happened because I want to download a file from the web but I can't open it since it was in exe file type. Then I followed the...
  5. How to batch-resolve file shortcuts turn shortcuts into the files they link to ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to batch-resolve file shortcuts turn shortcuts into the files they link to ?: Hi! I'm considering to use file shortcuts lnk files for my documents in order to allow a single file to occur in multiple folders - as a real file in one folder and as file shortcuts in other folders. However, I will have to export folders with many of these file...
  6. .EXE TURNED TO 0KB

.EXE TURNED TO 0KB: Hello I have been trying to get help with my .exe files turning to 0kb and so far people talk about removing the "SYSWIN" file from "C:/Boot" but there is no "SYSWIN" anywhere in my PC. What do I do in this case? P.S: The corrupted files are in my external hard drive....
  7. How do I turn on context menu shortcuts?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I turn on context menu shortcuts?: For example, when you want to rename a file, you can right click on it, then press "m" on your keyboard to rename that file because "m" is the shortcut for rename when the context menu is open, as signified by the underlined "' on the "rename" option. However, it's not...
  8. How to turn off language shortcut key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to turn off language shortcut key: How to turn off language shortcut key ? Because when I play team building PUBG game, I often press this switch Thank you very much ! [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-language-shortcut-key/40379a7e-b0f2-43f8-8335-ba634d4637be
  9. Works! but how? A shortcut to an exe in a deep path on a USB...

Works! but how? A shortcut to an exe in a deep path on a USB...: Hi, I created a shortcut to a deep path exe on a USB (created in same deep path) and then copied the shortcut to the USB root. The clever thing is the root shortcut appears to work on any computer, irrespective of USB drive letter!?!? Is this some relative-shortcut-thingy...
  10. How to turn this into a exe shortcurt?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to turn this into a exe shortcurt?: How to turn this into a exe shortcut? Press Windows Key +R on the keyboard to open the Run dialog. Then enter "thunderbird.exe -p" Followed this, could not get it to work: How to Run Command Prompt Commands from a Windows Shortcut Code: C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to turn on .exe