Windows 10: HOW to type EUR () in US keyboard

Discus and support HOW to type EUR () in US keyboard in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I have bought a US keyboard and can figure out how to type the sign (she sign is on my 5 keyboard sign) I am using windows 10 on PC I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SwissExcel, Apr 12, 2017.

1. HOW to type EUR () in US keyboard

Hi all,
    I have bought a US keyboard and can figure out how to type the sign (she sign is on my 5 keyboard sign)
    I am using windows 10 on PC

I have tried:
    • Shift+5 (gives %)
    • Alt+Shift - give nothing
    • Alt Gr -give nothing
    • CTRL+Alt - also give nothing
    Thanks in advance for your help

:)

SwissExcel, Apr 12, 2017

2. E51 Currency Converter bug - firmware ver. 100.34.20

Hi - You definitely shouldn't have to specify the rate as 1/rate_value.

I'm not sure if we're using the same Converter program, but I will talk you through how mine is configured (remembering I am in the UK)

1) Load Converter

2) Goto Options > Conversion Types

3) Choose Currency and then press OK

4) Goto Options > Currency Rates

5) Configure as follows :

Home : 1

EUR : 0.298866

CHF : 0.480853

So the rates specified for EUR and CHF is how many EUR and CHF you get for 1 unit of your currency

For me I have the following set :

Home : 1

USD : 1.97

EUR : 1.235

Then Press Done

6) You should now have the main screen that says from the top :

Type : Currency

Unit : Home

Amount : x

Unit : USD (For you this will be EUR or CHF - you can choose)

Amount : y

So now if you enter any number in x OR y it'll convert it into the other currency for you without having to specify a 1/rate_value format.

Hope this helps

TheChosenOne22, Apr 12, 2017
  3. sebasba Win User
    Windows 10 price difference

What's the difference between windows 10 home 27 EUR and windows 10 home 139 EUR??

sebasba, Apr 12, 2017
  4. jimbo45 Win User

HOW to type EUR () in US keyboard

Hi there

Do you have a RIGHT Alt GR key (at the right of the spacebar) -- should work !!!! The left hand side one does nothing when you try the same thing. (Press AltGR + the 4 key I think - or it could be 3 as it needs to be the key where the $ sign is.

As a short term measure you can I believe define a User keyboard / custom layout in Windows but I'm not sure exactly how to do it --perhaps other people more experienced in multi- lang layouts could explain.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 12, 2017
  5. Barman58 Win User
    There used ti be a sight difference between the "Left" & "Right " special keys marked on older keyboards - Try using the Alt key to the right of your spacebar in your combinations. Otherwise it's a chase of using the Character code

Barman58, Apr 12, 2017
  6. swarfega Win User
    I always use ctrl+alt+4 to produce €.

swarfega, Apr 12, 2017
  7. AddRAM Win User
    Go here, see if it will let you add a language.

AddRAM, Apr 12, 2017
  8. HOW to type EUR () in US keyboard

Thanks for answering. On the right side of the space bar I have Alt Gr - it doeskin provide the € sign. (it opens the command bar)...

SwissExcel, Apr 12, 2017
  9. cereberus Win User
    I looked at the on screen us keyboard - it does not have RIGHT Alt GR key!

Eeasiest way is to add an English-UK on screen keyboard, and use RIGHT Alt GR + 4

cereberus, Apr 12, 2017
  10. Thanks for answering. On the right side of the space bar I have Alt Gr - it doeskin provide the € sign. (it opens the command bar)...

And yes - I have US English installed on my computer

SwissExcel, Apr 12, 2017
  11. lx07 Win User
  12. In Microsoft Word you can try Ctrl + Alt + E and you should get Euro symbol.

jaburmester, Apr 12, 2017
  13. dencal Win User

Turn on "On Screen Keyboard"....just type in Cortana box.....click on AltGr tab to change Dollar to Euro.

dencal, Apr 12, 2017
  14. lx07 Win User
    Ctrl+Alt = L: AltGr

US International (and French etc) keyboards have AltGr on the rhs of space bar to save pressing Ctrl+Alt all the time although if you have a rhs Alt key it is usually the same as AltGr.

On European Keyboards the is usually (always?) a modified E. On US International keyboards it a modified 5.

AltGr plus E on a US International keyboard gives you é not €

From what the OP says it sounds as if their input method is set to US (which doesn't recognize AltGr) instead of US International (which does).

15. Thank you all. I was not aware that there is US international which is different from US keyboard. Cheers

SwissExcel, Apr 12, 2017
Thema:

1. HOW to type EUR () in US keyboard - Similar Threads - type EUR keyboard

2. How to change US keyboard to UK keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change US keyboard to UK keyboard: I have been trying to change from US keyboard to UK keyboard for windows 10 without success. It has been changed in the settings but not effected on the keyboard. I need help please...
  3. How to change US keyboard to UK keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change US keyboard to UK keyboard: I have been trying to change from US keyboard to UK keyboard for windows 10 without success. It has been changed in the settings but not effected on the keyboard. I need help please...
  4. us-international keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    us-international keyboard: When I had to re-install Windows 10 because of problems with the Windows 11 upgrade involving my Realtek audio drivers, I find that I can no longer install the US-International keyboard which I have used for several years in Windows 10 for typing in Spanish. Why was it...
  5. us-international keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    us-international keyboard: When I had to re-install Windows 10 because of problems with the Windows 11 upgrade involving my Realtek audio drivers, I find that I can no longer install the US-International keyboard which I have used for several years in Windows 10 for typing in Spanish. Why was it...
  6. How to permanently set the keyboard type...... does not start automatically in ENG US,...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to permanently set the keyboard type...... does not start automatically in ENG US,...: How to permanently set the keyboard type...... does not start automatically in ENG US, unable to enter passwords https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-permanently-set-the-keyboard-type-does-not/f74882d5-a317-480a-aeca-9431b5e4f703
  7. US keyboard layout, can't type left square bracket

US keyboard layout, can't type left square bracket: Hi, so i came upon an issue when i got my new keyboard with a US layout. I am from Denmark and have been using a danish layout up until now. After switching to the US layout i cannot use the dedicated left square bracket key to type left square bracket. I can hold down shift...
  8. how to change to us keyboard layout through console? can't type backslash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to change to us keyboard layout through console? can't type backslash: Hello, latest update broke the pc. I want to remove the latest update through console, because it keeps restarting by itself. But I can't type backslash, it shows as # . Keyboard combinations don't work either.. Can I change the keyboard layout to us from console?...
  9. how to change to us keyboard layout through console? can't type backslash

how to change to us keyboard layout through console? can't type backslash: Hello, latest update broke the pc. I want to remove the latest update through console, because it keeps restarting by itself. But I can't type backslash, it shows as # . Keyboard combinations don't work either.. Can I change the keyboard layout to us from console?...
  10. US International Keyboard - How to not capitalize?

US International Keyboard - How to not capitalize?: I'm trying to learn how to use the US International Keyboard so that I can type accepts when writing in French. So far, everything is working correctly except that I can't figure out how to type some characters without capitalization. For example, if I want to type an "e"...