Windows 10: How to undo restore

Discus and support How to undo restore in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I was having an issue with writing files, games were not saving. I made the bone headed move to do a restore back to old build and this did not work. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by TruKr, Jul 30, 2015.

1. TruKr Win User

How to undo restore

I was having an issue with writing files, games were not saving. I made the bone headed move to do a restore back to old build and this did not work. I could not make or edit any files in documents, only folders. I think the issue is because something recommended signing in to my Microsoft account so I did, later I decided I did not want to and signed in with local. I found that looking in security I was not shown at all until I gave home users full control and then I was listed. Also odd is every time I look at that for a few seconds home users is listed as a long sting of number. At any rate I would like to roll it back forward to what ever it is that is the latest, I am back to the one that show in bottom right as "Windows 10 Home Insider Preview Evaluation Build 10130 but still shows as activated.

:)

TruKr, Jul 30, 2015

2. cant undo system restore windows 10

I tried system restore when my computer came back on I have removed apps I cant undo restore there is no restore point can I undo these changes if so how

sandramathis, Jul 30, 2015
  3. dvanw6 Win User
    How to undo a Backup Restore

Doesnt matter now, did a whole reset of the computer, gonna add the files a different way now

dvanw6, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

How to undo restore

1. How to undo restore - Similar Threads - undo restore

2. Is there a way I can undo the restore default permission settings in vista cmd prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way I can undo the restore default permission settings in vista cmd prompt: I thought that this would help the issue I was having. It did not it only made it worse. I fixed the main issue I was having but now I lost all my administrative rights to my computer on this account. So I was wondering if there's another cmd command like this secedit...
  3. Is there a way I can undo the restore default permission settings in vista cmd prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way I can undo the restore default permission settings in vista cmd prompt: I thought that this would help the issue I was having. It did not it only made it worse. I fixed the main issue I was having but now I lost all my administrative rights to my computer on this account. So I was wondering if there's another cmd command like this secedit...
  4. Is there a way I can undo the restore default permission settings in vista cmd prompt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. What is the way to restore my Windows 10 system to its default settings and undo any...

What is the way to restore my Windows 10 system to its default settings and undo any...: In the past, I mistakenly believed that applying various tweaks to my computer would improve its performance. However, my PC remained slow and unresponsive. Even after resetting my PC, the issue remains. I'm now looking for a solution to restore my computer’s performance and...
  6. What is the way to restore my Windows 10 system to its default settings and undo any...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What is the way to restore my Windows 10 system to its default settings and undo any...: In the past, I mistakenly believed that applying various tweaks to my computer would improve its performance. However, my PC remained slow and unresponsive. Even after resetting my PC, the issue remains. I'm now looking for a solution to restore my computer’s performance and...
  7. What is the way to restore my Windows 10 system to its default settings and undo any...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. how to undo a recent recovery/reset/restore of my windows 10 pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to undo a recent recovery/reset/restore of my windows 10 pc?: Please HELP...I tried to restore my computer a few minutes ago, but I cannot recognize anything on screen. All my apps, settings, everything is gone or hidden from view. How can I return it to the way it was a couple of hours ago.I am using an HP desk set> Windows 10 v....
  9. how to undo a recent recovery/reset/restore of my windows 10 pc?

how to undo a recent recovery/reset/restore of my windows 10 pc?: Please HELP...I tried to restore my computer a few minutes ago, but I cannot recognize anything on screen. All my apps, settings, everything is gone or hidden from view. How can I return it to the way it was a couple of hours ago.I am using an HP desk set> Windows 10 v....
  10. how to undo a recent recovery/reset/restore of my windows 10 pc?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging