Windows 10: How to undo restore

Discus and support How to undo restore in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I was having an issue with writing files, games were not saving. I made the bone headed move to do a restore back to old build and this did not work. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by TruKr, Jul 30, 2015.

1. TruKr Win User

How to undo restore

I was having an issue with writing files, games were not saving. I made the bone headed move to do a restore back to old build and this did not work. I could not make or edit any files in documents, only folders. I think the issue is because something recommended signing in to my Microsoft account so I did, later I decided I did not want to and signed in with local. I found that looking in security I was not shown at all until I gave home users full control and then I was listed. Also odd is every time I look at that for a few seconds home users is listed as a long sting of number. At any rate I would like to roll it back forward to what ever it is that is the latest, I am back to the one that show in bottom right as "Windows 10 Home Insider Preview Evaluation Build 10130 but still shows as activated.

:)

TruKr, Jul 30, 2015

2. cant undo system restore windows 10

I tried system restore when my computer came back on I have removed apps I cant undo restore there is no restore point can I undo these changes if so how

sandramathis, Jul 30, 2015
  3. dvanw6 Win User
    How to undo a Backup Restore

Doesnt matter now, did a whole reset of the computer, gonna add the files a different way now

dvanw6, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

How to undo restore

1. How to undo restore - Similar Threads - undo restore

2. Undoing changes made to your computer STUCK

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Undoing changes made to your computer STUCK: Hi guys, I was trying to install the new update for windows and everything was going smoothly until it got stuck at round 30% on the loadup screen and was undoing changes. It took a while and i thought restarting it would allow me to normally log in but i was wrong, after a...
  3. Windows 10 error “Couldn’t complete the updates. Undoing changes” every time I start my PC.

Windows 10 error “Couldn’t complete the updates. Undoing changes” every time I start my PC.: Almost every single time I’ve tried to start my PC in the past 5 months or so, windows has tried to complete an update which hasn’t worked. It always loads the update like normal, before finally saying “couldn’t complete the updates, undoing changes” before starting up the PC...
  4. Windows 10 Update - Undoing changes

Windows 10 Update - Undoing changes: I recently tried to download the Gamepass for PC beta for my Laptop and it needed me to update Windows 10 to the 1903 update. The update downloaded, my PC restarted and it got to 67% and then turned itself off. I turned the laptop back on and it had the loading wheel turn...
  5. Re; We couldn't complete the update, Undoing Changes; Upgrading to build 10041

Re; We couldn't complete the update, Undoing Changes; Upgrading to build 10041: We couldn't complete the update, Undoing Changes; Upgrading to build 10041 By: Rain Kristofe It shows that: Step 3. Type: net stop wuaserv and press the Enter key WUASERV IS SPELT WRONG IT SHOULD BE: "WUAUSERV" the second "U" is missing, when I just copy and pasted...
  6. Windows 10 update 1903 undoing changes to your computer loop

Windows 10 update 1903 undoing changes to your computer loop: Hi, I just tried to install the new Function Update 1903 on my Laptop (Not sure about the version number). On first try it failed got to the point of undoing the changes and worked normally again. Then i retried the Updated. Windows Downloaded it again and installed it and...
  7. Update/Undo changes loop while unable to use account password for system restore

Update/Undo changes loop while unable to use account password for system restore: I have a rather unique situation I’ve yet to find the answer to. When updating Windows 10 on my laptop (Dell XPS 15 9530) it enters a loop of trying to update, being unable to, and then undoing the changes. When it doesn’t do that it just keeps loading while it undoes the...
  8. Undo restore point

Undo restore point: I have lost Google e-mails and it seems lots of other stuff. Can you please help? Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/undo-restore-point/9cb3414b-9ef5-4530-a731-56ec5c71f925
  9. Undoing a restore question.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Undoing a restore question.: A recent Win10 update screwed up several things on my computer. I restored to a point prior to the 7-11-18 update, but Windows said it was unable to complete the restore (unable to access a file -- likely due to an antivirus). However, the incomplete restore appears to have...
  10. how can to undo restore system

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    how can to undo restore system: I did restore system and I want to undo it.but there isn't undo system restore. also I haven't the restore point anymore. why I haven't this option? If there isn't this option in my system restore,how can I undo it? 105305