Windows 10: How to Uninstall Ethernet Controller, PERMANENTLY.

Discus and support How to Uninstall Ethernet Controller, PERMANENTLY. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Without Resetting or Reinstalling Windows, again, that is. I've been having major issues with poor performance, and can see abnormal disc activity... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CCVincent, Aug 4, 2018.

1. CCVincent Win User

How to Uninstall Ethernet Controller, PERMANENTLY.

Without Resetting or Reinstalling Windows, again, that is.

I've been having major issues with poor performance, and can see abnormal disc activity resulting in apps freezing since Windows 1803 update.

Both after Reinstalling and after Resetting Windows, I began to notice some unresponsiveness about the time I was reinstalling network drivers.

I don't have any current need for Ethernet connection, but thought I would install the driver just in case.

Now, when I uninstall the Ethernet Controller Driver disc activity looks a lot better.

The trouble is, it keeps being reinstalled every time I Restart or Shutdown and start up the system. Even if I destroy the driver software, including in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository, the Ethernet Controller reappears in Device Manager. Broken, of course, and I think that actually makes my problems worse.

Any help much appreciated.

:)

CCVincent, Aug 4, 2018
  2. Dillinger Win User

Ethernet controllers problems

thats what i have been doing is going to the device mgr and clicking the the let me choose. but it always says "windows can not install your ethernet controller. And there the Ethernet Controller isnt in the list..im going to be working on this all night. I just got back from work.

Dillinger, Aug 5, 2018
  3. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused How to Uninstall Ethernet Controller, PERMANENTLY. :confused:

oli_ramsay, Aug 5, 2018
  4. NOPD Win User

Programs Missing From Control Panel List

I was able to get rid of XNVIEW by downloading it and using it's own uninstaller.
    Have tried method suggested by Pyramid 10 with photoscape without success.
    Can't figure out how to do what is asked.

Your next suggestion?

NOPD, Aug 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to Uninstall Ethernet Controller, PERMANENTLY. - Similar Threads - Uninstall Ethernet Controller

2. How to permanently uninstall xbox from Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to permanently uninstall xbox from Windows 11: PROBLEM:The Windows Update of March 14, 2023—KB5023706 OS Build 22621.1413 appears to automatically install xbox into WIN 11. Ever since, file explorer crashes, even after a fresh reboot. I have restarted windows explorer: task manager > processes > rt click Windows Explorer...
  3. How to permanently uninstall xbox from Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to permanently uninstall xbox from Windows 11: PROBLEM:The Windows Update of March 14, 2023—KB5023706 OS Build 22621.1413 appears to automatically install xbox into WIN 11. Ever since, file explorer crashes, even after a fresh reboot. I have restarted windows explorer: task manager > processes > rt click Windows Explorer...
  4. How do I PERMANENTLY uninstall XBox?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I PERMANENTLY uninstall XBox?: I'm not a gamer and have zero interest in XBox. However, it keeps showing up in my Taskbar. I've tried uninstalling it both by right clicking on the icon in the Taskbar, and through Settings>Apps. However, every time I reboot.... there it is again. It's eating up resources...
  5. How do I PERMANENTLY uninstall XBox?

How do I PERMANENTLY uninstall XBox?: I'm not a gamer and have zero interest in XBox. However, it keeps showing up in my Taskbar. I've tried uninstalling it both by right clicking on the icon in the Taskbar, and through Settings>Apps. However, every time I reboot.... there it is again. It's eating up resources...
  6. How do I permanently uninstall windows powershell?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I permanently uninstall windows powershell?: I need to know how to UNINSTALL PowerShell or PERMANENTLY DISABLE it. Its mad annoying; keeps popping up and interrupting my videos and gameplay....
  7. No Network Connection, Ethernet Controller and Network Controller were uninstalled, need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Network Connection, Ethernet Controller and Network Controller were uninstalled, need help: Hi, apparently while I was trying to delete some drivers and install them again, I accidentally uninstalled the Ethernet Controller and the Network Controller drivers in the process.Now, I don't have any access to the internet.Unfortunately, I also don't have a USB Drive.I...
  8. No Network Connection, Ethernet Controller and Network Controller were uninstalled, need help

No Network Connection, Ethernet Controller and Network Controller were uninstalled, need help: Hi, apparently while I was trying to delete some drivers and install them again, I accidentally uninstalled the Ethernet Controller and the Network Controller drivers in the process.Now, I don't have any access to the internet.Unfortunately, I also don't have a USB Drive.I...
  9. uninstall updates permanently

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    uninstall updates permanently: Hello Daniela here i have windows 10 my pc is only 5 months old was working great and since the update happed on Wednesday evening 9th everything has slowed down i work on ebay and other platforms and wednesday night i was prompt to update and shutdown or update and restart...
  10. Ethernet Controller

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet Controller: Brand new unit running latest Win10. Will not connect to ethernet, says there is no cable. Problem is there is no ethernet controller in unit. I guess the intergrated NICoveridden? will not work. Have tried to disable, uninstall, but every time I reboot the software...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to disable ethernet controller

2. uninstalled ethernet network reappears on restart

3. uninstall ethernet family controller