Windows 10: How to uninstall Winamp

Discus and support How to uninstall Winamp in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I uninstall Winamp v5.666? Win 10 It is not listed In Control Panel - Programs and Features nor in Revo Uninstaller. I tried "Best... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CRGibson, Sep 28, 2017.

1. CRGibson Win User

How to uninstall Winamp

How do I uninstall Winamp v5.666? Win 10

It is not listed In Control Panel - Programs and Features nor in Revo Uninstaller.
    I tried "Best Uninstaller" software I found in a Google search but it didn't find it.

I found a web site "Advanced Uninstaller.com" That states: You can remove Winamp by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\UninstWA.exe. It does not say 'where' to paste it.

Any ideas or help?

Thanks in advance.

:)

CRGibson, Sep 28, 2017

2. How to Open folder in a selected application (send folder contents to)

Winamp Help Files - See how to add files section.

The Winamp Media Library

Smittychat., Sep 28, 2017
  3. john8400 Win User
    WINAMP for 5700

Nice. Nokia does Winamp.

(Check it out on the 5700 pages under "software" and "music")

Can you do an update to the Installer?

The first thing you see when starting is a nice red window saying:

"WINAMP UPDATE"

"Free Winamp Upgrade Available"

"Important Upgrade: This upgrade fixes a security vulnerability present in previous Winamp versions."

"Upgrading is strongly recommended."

"DOWNLOAD" BUTTON

Its pretty tedious to download Winamp from Nokia, install, oops...download *again* from Winamp, install again....

Why not just point straight to the Winamp download image? Its not like there's any co-branding...

john8400, Sep 28, 2017
  4. bookfox Win User

How to uninstall Winamp

You would paste that line in a command prompt window.

Search 'CMD' > click command prompt > paste C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\UninstWA.exe > hit enter.

bookfox, Sep 28, 2017
  5. Plankton Win User
    Is this something you downloaded? If it's not showing up in any of the software you mentioned........how do you know it was installed?

Copy the line of text, in the search bar next to the start button....click on it, next paste that line of text....then you should see a pop up showing the location of said text.

Plankton, Sep 28, 2017
  6. CRGibson Win User
    bookfox - Thanks for the quick reply. I pasted the text into a command prompt and got the following: 'C:\ Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable proam or batch file.

Plankton: Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure what you are asking "what was installed" Winanp has been installed for years. The "Best Uninstaller" was just installed to try uninstall Winamp (since has been uninstalled).

Putting the text into the search bar gave me nothing.

Any more ideas or help.

CRGibson, Sep 29, 2017
  7. Plankton Win User
    If it's not showing up in the regular channels as being installed.....then you may have to reinstall it and then see if you can uninstall it.

Plankton, Sep 29, 2017
  8. CRGibson Win User

How to uninstall Winamp

Solved by delete of Winamp folder and then going into the registry and deleting all winamp files.

CRGibson, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to uninstall Winamp

1. How to uninstall Winamp - Similar Threads - uninstall Winamp

2. Alfa WiFi adapter is "not connected" and I cannot get it to connect; a solution uninstall...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alfa WiFi adapter is "not connected" and I cannot get it to connect; a solution uninstall...: When using Alfa's products, the original bundled WiFi software included with a computer sometimes interferes with Alfa's software. Uninstall the Intell or whatever brank WiFi software. Do not uninstall the factory WiFi driver. Reboot. Uninstall Alfa's software. Reboot....
  3. Alfa WiFi adapter is "not connected" and I cannot get it to connect; a solution uninstall...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alfa WiFi adapter is "not connected" and I cannot get it to connect; a solution uninstall...: When using Alfa's products, the original bundled WiFi software included with a computer sometimes interferes with Alfa's software. Uninstall the Intell or whatever brank WiFi software. Do not uninstall the factory WiFi driver. Reboot. Uninstall Alfa's software. Reboot....
  4. I see no sign of progress in by unistalling task while uninstalling what could be the issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I see no sign of progress in by unistalling task while uninstalling what could be the issue: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-see-no-sign-of-progress-in-by-unistalling-task/62a9945d-65c1-45b5-a42a-86528adf0968
  5. I see no sign of progress in by unistalling task while uninstalling what could be the issue

I see no sign of progress in by unistalling task while uninstalling what could be the issue: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-see-no-sign-of-progress-in-by-unistalling-task/62a9945d-65c1-45b5-a42a-86528adf0968
  6. I see no sign of progress in by unistalling task while uninstalling what could be the issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. No audio input and output device found after uninstalling some Logitech drivers to enable...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio input and output device found after uninstalling some Logitech drivers to enable...: Hi there, I have a problem with my audio and mic since yesterday after uninstalling the drivers connected to old logitech software. To uninstall the drivers I followed this process:...
  8. No audio input and output device found after uninstalling some Logitech drivers to enable...

No audio input and output device found after uninstalling some Logitech drivers to enable...: Hi there, I have a problem with my audio and mic since yesterday after uninstalling the drivers connected to old logitech software. To uninstall the drivers I followed this process:...
  9. How to uninstall OneDrive when I can't find it anywhere except in my user folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to uninstall OneDrive when I can't find it anywhere except in my user folder: I want to uninstall it and remove the folders for Desktop, Documents and Pictures. I can't find the program ANYWHERE on my computer or in my registry to uninstall it. It seems MS wants to force you to keep it. I want it gone, and all those folders gone. Please help me. TIA...
  10. How to uninstall OneDrive when I can't find it anywhere except in my user folder

How to uninstall OneDrive when I can't find it anywhere except in my user folder: I want to uninstall it and remove the folders for Desktop, Documents and Pictures. I can't find the program ANYWHERE on my computer or in my registry to uninstall it. It seems MS wants to force you to keep it. I want it gone, and all those folders gone. Please help me. TIA...