Windows 10: How to unpin mail from taskbar on registry Windows 10 Version 1703

Discus and support How to unpin mail from taskbar on registry Windows 10 Version 1703 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there, I want to make a ISO with some special feature, it's nearly done but I am now stuck with this problem. I'm able to unpin the store app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BmLava, Sep 9, 2017.

1. BmLava Win User

How to unpin mail from taskbar on registry Windows 10 Version 1703

Hi there,

I want to make a ISO with some special feature, it's nearly done but I am now stuck with this problem.

I'm able to unpin the store app from taskbar (thanks to Brink), but in the RS2 there's also mail app. Can't find a way to unpin this from registry. Is there any way out of this?

Thanks in advance.

:)

BmLava, Sep 9, 2017

2. Mail App in Windows 10 - Version 1703 - Build 15063.138 (Creators Update)

My Windows 10 Mail app is pinned to the taskbar by default in Version 1703, with no option to unpin it (well, not on my PC anyway). Right-clicking on the icon only offers "Pin to taskbar", but it already
    IS pinned to the taskbar. I would like to unpin the Windows 10 Mail app icon from my taskbar, and I would like to know how...

Thanks!

________________________________________________________________________________

Edit:

Hi everyone....

This is a follow-up edit to tell you how
    this problem was resolved.

Through numerous emails back and forth with Mr Mark Bu from Microsoft Support, he and his engineering team finally found a solution after I sent them a dump file of my Windows Explorer.

All I had to do (and I'm hoping this works for anyone else with this bizarre glitch) was go to:

Start -> Run (or the keyboard Windows
    icon + R), and then type shell:appsfolder.

Once the Applications folder appeared I scrolled down to the Mail app (or I'm guessing you could do this for whichever app you're having a problem with), then right-clicked on it and "ta-daaa" - an 'Unpin from taskbar' option appeared! I clicked
    on that, the Mail app disappeared from the taskbar and I celebrated like an idiot!

Just to be sure though, I went back to the normal Start menu, right-clicked on the Mail app there, and selected 'Pin to taskbar'. That worked, and then I right-clicked on the Mail icon in the taskbar and now, for the first time since installing the Creators'
    Update two months ago, 'Unpin from taskbar' is finally an option.... And it works every time too!!!

So, thank you Mark Bu and all the engineering guys who put in the effort to find a fix for this minor but frustrating issue.

I hope this can help other people who may also be pulling their hair out because of this... How to unpin mail from taskbar on registry Windows 10 Version 1703 :)

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

johntdrums, Sep 9, 2017
  3. Mail App in Windows 10 - Version 1703 - Build 15063.138 (Creators Update)

Hello Rhina,

Thanks for replying, however the link you provided relates to pinning tiles to Start. I need to know how to UNPIN the new Windows 10 MAIL app from the TASKBAR...

Thanks

johntdrums, Sep 9, 2017
Thema:

How to unpin mail from taskbar on registry Windows 10 Version 1703

1. How to unpin mail from taskbar on registry Windows 10 Version 1703 - Similar Threads - unpin mail taskbar

2. Windows unpins apps from the taskbar

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows unpins apps from the taskbar: Hello,I would like to ask, if there is someone who has a problem with pinned application to taskbar. When I download app from Microsoft Store like Messenger or WhatsApp, I pin it to taskbar. However, when I run the app, it unpins and in Start Menu it shows something like...
  3. How to prevent Pinning or Unpinning of Taskbar items in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to prevent Pinning or Unpinning of Taskbar items in Windows 10: [ATTACH]In this post, we will show you how to enable or disable the unpinning […] This article How to prevent Pinning or Unpinning of Taskbar items in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. Invisible taskbar icons and cannot Unpin from taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Invisible taskbar icons and cannot Unpin from taskbar: I have 2 apps (E-Mail and Edge) in taskbar that doesn't shows icons. It is so annoying that I cannot even Unpin from taskbar. I have done following without helping: * Uninstalled and Installed the app again * Unpined from Startmenu * Deleted %AppData%\Microsoft\Internet...
  5. "Unpin From Taskbar" option is Broken

in Windows 10 Support
    "Unpin From Taskbar" option is Broken: Hi; i say it is broken because when we right-click on Edge and click UnPin, Nothing Happens! I've read posts that say i will have to alter xml files or the like in order to remove Edge from the taskbar; we are not saavy enough to get into that type of fix. This is a bug. Will...
  6. Windows 10 mobile version 1703

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 mobile version 1703: Hello Microsoft, so I bought a Microsoft Lumia 640 for my birthday and updated it to windows 10 mobile version 1703 and whenever I open Gameloft hub or Xbox console companion and a few other apps, they crash and go back to my homepage (start) i don't know what is the problem...
  7. update from Windows 10 version 1703 to 1809 failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update from Windows 10 version 1703 to 1809 failed: I literally only just realized that my HP Pavilion 10 laptop is really behind on updates and when I try to update to a newer version of Windows 10, I have tried updating through my laptop's "Window's update" feature in the settings and it comes up with "Feature update to...
  8. Windows 10 version 1703 Defender

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 version 1703 Defender: Since the last update on 12 Apr 2017 (Creators update) I can't find out how to manually scan my computer with Defender. (interface has completely changed) The update went flawless and in the taskbar I can see the Defender icon. Opening that icon, Defender says that "my...
  9. 'Pin to taskbar' and 'Unpin from taskbar' Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    'Pin to taskbar' and 'Unpin from taskbar' Apps in Windows 10: How to: 'Pin to taskbar' and 'Unpin from taskbar' Apps in Windows 10 How to "Pin to taskbar" and "Unpin from taskbar" Apps in Windows 10 Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default....
  10. Can't unpin items from the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't unpin items from the taskbar: I can pin items to the taskbar but when I right click on an item I can't unpin. Only had this problem with 10240. 8606

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove microsoft mail from taskbar registry

2. unpin icon from taskbar regedit

3. windows 10 unpin through registry

4. registry remove the mail app from the taskbar in windows 10,
  5. regkey unpin mail,
  6. umpin mail taskbar,
  7. unpin from taskbar windows 10 regisrty,
  8. unpin apps win 10 registry,
  9. registry mail taskbar,
  10. unpin from taskbar windows 10 registry,
  11. unpin mail from taskbar windows 10 registry,