Windows 10: How to update after rolling back

Discus and support How to update after rolling back in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So I rolled back the 393 build to the 372 build. Windows is smart enough to not re-update me to 393 when Windows check for updates. There should be a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jmsnyc, Sep 17, 2016.

1. jmsnyc Win User

How to update after rolling back

So I rolled back the 393 build to the 372 build. Windows is smart enough to not re-update me to 393 when Windows check for updates. There should be a check box or something to allow the update.

So now I want to go to 393 again but WU is not seeing it. How do I force it ? Registry key ?

Here is a screenshot of my reg key. Trying to figure if I should change EnablePreviewBuilds to 1 or modify something else such as IsBuildFLighting enabled ?

Update: I need to reread my old posts , lol

I needed to delete the recovered from "folder" "key" "bnranch" "node" not sure of right terminology but I the left pane in the tree structure. Path in image below

How to update after rolling back [​IMG]

:)

jmsnyc, Sep 17, 2016
  2. Farney21 Win User

Updating to current build after rolling back

When the November update came out I installed it immediately, no problem with the installation. However after I signed in and it set up I found my start menu and all taskbar popup menus (wifi, notifications etc) weren't working. After trying everything
    I could from the internet I decided to use the rollback to a previous build feature which I did. I now want to try installing the latest build again (Threshold 2) to see if it'll work this time but it has been removed from windows update. Is there any way
    to get it back without doing a clean install from an ISO?

Farney21, Sep 17, 2016
  3. Updating to current build after rolling back

You can do an upgrade from the ISO (it doesn't have to be a clean install). But otherwise, just patience: the update will re-appear in Windows Update within a few weeks.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Sep 17, 2016
Thema:

How to update after rolling back

1. How to update after rolling back - Similar Threads - update rolling

2. Select October 2019 Xbox Update 1910 Features Rolling Out to Insiders

in Windows 10 News
    Select October 2019 Xbox Update 1910 Features Rolling Out to Insiders: [ATTACH] As Xbox Insiders, your feedback is incredibly valuable to help us test and refine features to ensure we’re delivering the best experiences possible on Xbox. In preparation for the October 2019 Xbox Update, we’re excited to share some more details on new features...
  3. How to permanently roll back last update? It's trashing my high-end computer.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to permanently roll back last update? It's trashing my high-end computer.: The latest Win 10 update 10.0.18362 Build 18362 has caused an array of issues for my computer, before then it had worked fine. Since the update There is a delay when I click the Start icon, there's also a delay when I press the Windows Start button on my keyboard,...
  4. Cannot Save files after update; how to roll back?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot Save files after update; how to roll back?: My machine was force fed a larger update which has broken it. I can no longer do "save as", it simply returns the bonkers error message "file not found".. well OF COURSE NOT,.. That's the idea!!!.. If I try "save" of an existing file I get a message saying "Error...
  5. Microsoft is rolling out an update to fix Windows 10 SFC feature

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is rolling out an update to fix Windows 10 SFC feature: In July, a number of Windows 10 users were having issues when fixing corrupted files with sfc /scannow feature and Microsoft revealed that the culprit is an update that the firm released for Windows Defender. Windows 10’s sfc /snannow command line feature has been failing...
  6. Microsoft rolls out KB4023057 reliability update for Windows 10 v1809

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft rolls out KB4023057 reliability update for Windows 10 v1809: Microsoft is once again rolling out Windows 10 KB4023057 to improve “Windows Update reliability” on older versions of the operating system, including the October 2018 Update. In other words, this update could prepare Windows 10 version 1903 upgrade for older versions of...
  7. update roll back win 10 update 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update roll back win 10 update 1903: update roll back win 10 update 1903 i have a code of oxc1900101 any one have a clue how to sort https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-roll-back-win-10-update-1903/8e58adf4-9d0b-437b-8e6a-fd47716fa1d2
  8. How can I roll back to 1809 and stop windows updating to 1903

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I roll back to 1809 and stop windows updating to 1903: I have some issues in 1903 that stop my audio interface from functioning. How can I roll back or re-install windows 1809 safely and stop it updating? Thanks...
  9. Microsoft is rolling out Windows 10 updates to fix Privacy settings bug

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is rolling out Windows 10 updates to fix Privacy settings bug: Microsoft is rolling out new updates for Windows 10 to fix a bug that broke privacy settings on a small number of devices. Microsoft explains that the issue impacted only a small fraction of devices running Windows 10 version 1809, version 1803 and version 1709. As per the...
  10. Last night's update stopped recognizing a monitor. How do I roll back?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Last night's update stopped recognizing a monitor. How do I roll back?: I have a main monitor and a secondary one. I also use an older Trendnet KVM. The second monitor is hooked up to both my main and older computer, while the primary is only to my main computer. Both are connected to the primary through the KVM using a splitter. Both worked...