Windows 10: How to update after rolling back

Discus and support How to update after rolling back in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So I rolled back the 393 build to the 372 build. Windows is smart enough to not re-update me to 393 when Windows check for updates. There should be a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jmsnyc, Sep 17, 2016.

1. jmsnyc Win User

How to update after rolling back

So I rolled back the 393 build to the 372 build. Windows is smart enough to not re-update me to 393 when Windows check for updates. There should be a check box or something to allow the update.

So now I want to go to 393 again but WU is not seeing it. How do I force it ? Registry key ?

Here is a screenshot of my reg key. Trying to figure if I should change EnablePreviewBuilds to 1 or modify something else such as IsBuildFLighting enabled ?

Update: I need to reread my old posts , lol

I needed to delete the recovered from "folder" "key" "bnranch" "node" not sure of right terminology but I the left pane in the tree structure. Path in image below

How to update after rolling back [​IMG]

:)

jmsnyc, Sep 17, 2016
  2. Farney21 Win User

Updating to current build after rolling back

When the November update came out I installed it immediately, no problem with the installation. However after I signed in and it set up I found my start menu and all taskbar popup menus (wifi, notifications etc) weren't working. After trying everything
    I could from the internet I decided to use the rollback to a previous build feature which I did. I now want to try installing the latest build again (Threshold 2) to see if it'll work this time but it has been removed from windows update. Is there any way
    to get it back without doing a clean install from an ISO?

Farney21, Sep 17, 2016
  3. Updating to current build after rolling back

You can do an upgrade from the ISO (it doesn't have to be a clean install). But otherwise, just patience: the update will re-appear in Windows Update within a few weeks.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Sep 17, 2016
Thema:

How to update after rolling back

1. How to update after rolling back - Similar Threads - update rolling

2. My laptop will no longer update. It tries and always fails, and rolls back any changes....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop will no longer update. It tries and always fails, and rolls back any changes....: I responded to a post about downloading and using SFCFix.exe while the SFCFix.zip file was unable to be located using the hyperlink https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-will-no-longer-update-it-tries-and/05b27427-338d-421e-a064-f1a1423b3e72
  3. My laptop will no longer update. It tries and always fails, and rolls back any changes....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop will no longer update. It tries and always fails, and rolls back any changes....: I responded to a post about downloading and using SFCFix.exe while the SFCFix.zip file was unable to be located using the hyperlink https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-will-no-longer-update-it-tries-and/05b27427-338d-421e-a064-f1a1423b3e72
  4. How do I roll back an update on Windows 11 Home?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I roll back an update on Windows 11 Home?: The last update has messed up a lot of things on my computer. Restore won't work. The option to roll back to a previous update doesn't seem to work either. Please help me. I don't want to have to reset my computer and reload all the programs and apps....
  5. How do I roll back an update on Windows 11 Home?

How do I roll back an update on Windows 11 Home?: The last update has messed up a lot of things on my computer. Restore won't work. The option to roll back to a previous update doesn't seem to work either. Please help me. I don't want to have to reset my computer and reload all the programs and apps....
  6. Windows Server 2012 R2 Windows Update getting rolled back - Error detail: Code 800F0922

Windows Server 2012 R2 Windows Update getting rolled back - Error detail: Code 800F0922: HelloWindows update getting rolled back on windows server 2012 R2 ServersError detail: Code 800F0922 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-server-2012-r2-windows-update-getting/103c9ce7-dcbf-46e2-84a0-5ab89484201c
  7. Windows Server 2012 R2 Windows Update getting rolled back - Error detail: Code 800F0922

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Server 2012 R2 Windows Update getting rolled back - Error detail: Code 800F0922: HelloWindows update getting rolled back on windows server 2012 R2 ServersError detail: Code 800F0922 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-server-2012-r2-windows-update-getting/103c9ce7-dcbf-46e2-84a0-5ab89484201c
  8. Rolled back updates now internet not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rolled back updates now internet not working.: I think I added some optional features and must have had messed up my internet as I was using a different bios and had some issues connecting. There was a lot of updates and stuff changed I'm not really bright I just can't get my internet to work on games it's uploading web...
  9. Rolled back updates now internet not working.

Rolled back updates now internet not working.: I think I added some optional features and must have had messed up my internet as I was using a different bios and had some issues connecting. There was a lot of updates and stuff changed I'm not really bright I just can't get my internet to work on games it's uploading web...
  10. Windows 10 update 10-7-23 trashed my computer! no way to get restore point or roll back...

Windows 10 update 10-7-23 trashed my computer! no way to get restore point or roll back...: On 10-7-23 took a windows 10 update from HELL!!! It deleted all kinds of my files plus removed restore points and have no option to uninstall update ware is the downloadable patch that will restore my computer to what it was before it took update and destroyed my outlook...